First Chinese stealth drone 'ready' for test flight

J20!

Country flag
They're making good, steady progress, but before people in either camp get carried away; remember, this prototype is simply a technology demonstrator, in the same vein as Neuron or X-45C. Its not meant to enter service, just to serve as a platform for the development of LPI data-links, sensors and the like to be used on China's next generation of stealth UCAVs.

But n the long-run, me and many military enthusiasts like me, will be watching this program intently for the next couple of years.

rvjpheonix

Country flag
Pics of the Lijian prototype's first flight:

The engine looks smoky? Just asking. If it is so in a real aircraft, does it help in tracking it visually from larger distances?

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
I thought the answers were right on the first page of this thread...post #10,#12 and #15

RD33/93 is not all time smoky...

---------------------
an edited video clip combining today's flight with the early low speed taxi and some shots...
[video=youtube_share;MbF3VU0K-_s]http://youtu.be/MbF3VU0K-_s[/video]

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
China has tested its first stealth combat drone, state media said Friday, citing online photos of an aircraft resembling a shrunken US B2 bomber and hailing the advance toward Western-level technology.

The test flight of the "Sharp Sword" unmanned aircraft is another step in China's years-long military build-up, with its defence spending now the second highest in the world and growing by double-digit percentages each year.

It comes weeks after Tokyo said a drone had flown near East China Sea islands claimed by both it and Beijing, ratcheting tensions between the rivals up another notch.
China tests first stealth combat drone: media

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles