First Battle of Rajasthan - Where Arabs lost to Indians

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
BTW its has something about naming of Afghanistan.. as it has sanskrit/hindi references .. just ignore if its irrelevant.:namaste:
Copy-paste the relevant portions plijj. I'm not going to look through 304 pages.

mki

because the arab of ksa not just conquered south asia but europe and african countries beside the middle east as well

Pashtun became pashtun after becoming muslims
i don't know what they were called before but the accepting of Islam made them pashtun

the reason it is the foremost condition for being pashtun is to be a muslim first
if i a pashtun leave Islam than he's not a pashtun anymore as well
so as per your logic..

orange became orange after hanging on cannabis plan??? :thumb:

and you dont know what an orange befor someone forcefully hang them on cannabis plant.

and from your logic condition to be an orange is, it must hanged to cannabis plant. and if the orange droped from cannabis it can not be orange :sucide:

Mr. first year MBBS 46 year old student. dont do to much cannabis. its injuries to your brain. :taunt:

pmaitra

The name "Afghan" is derived from the name "Abgan" which was given to the them in the 3rd century by the Sassanid Persians. Later, in the 6th century, the Indians adopted this term as "Avagana".
An Unexpected Light: Travels in Afghanistan - Jason Elliot - Google Books

In ancient times, the Indians knew the peoples of Afghanistan by various names including Kambojas, Bahlikas, and Mlecchas. It is the first two names, along with Yona (referencing the Greek-speakers of Afghanistan), which are used in Ashoka's inscriptions in the region. "Upagana" or anything similar was never used.

The antonym of Arya is "anarya", not "rya", which does not even have any meaning in Sanskrit.
Hmmm, what I had known was that Afghanistan was called the land of horseriders, or ashwakas, and ashwa means a horse. So the land of ashwakas, became known as Ashwakayana, which later turned into Afghan.

pmaitra

don't you guys think with the sanctioning of greater middle east map..

this issue will be solved forever?

The Iranians are quite proud of their Aryan heritage and have no interest in being clubbed with the Arabs (or Arab wannabes). I can assure you, 9 out of 10 Iranians would treat this suggestion with contempt.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Hmmm, what I had known was that Afghanistan was called the land of horseriders, or ashwakas, and ashwa means a horse. So the land of ashwakas, became known as Ashwakayana, which later turned into Afghan.
I have never heard of this etymology before. Can you provide any links on this? Thanks in advance.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I think you are referring to Arabia - Aravastan!

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The Iranians are quite proud of their Aryan heritage and have no interest in being clubbed with the Arabs (or Arab wannabes). I can assure you, 9 out of 10 Iranians would treat this suggestion with contempt.
well they are already in Middle east but still persian

we might be in middle east as well but Pakistani

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

So much eager to be an Arab???

"Tum syed bhi ho Mirza bhi ho Afghan bhi ho
tum sabhi kuchh ho batao ki musalman bhi ho"

Aur Musalman ho to Hindustani Muslman kyon nahin Ho?
"You are Syed; you are Mirza; you are Afghan. You are everything. Tell me, are you Muslim too?"

Here Iqbal uses the word "Syed" to represent the caste system that has penetrated Muslims . He uses the word "Mirza" to represent the ruling elite and the word "Afghan" to represent the differences in Muslims based on region, language, and race.

All these differences are anti-Qur'anic. When Iqbal poses the question, "Tell me, are you Muslim too?" he implies that those who feel proud and superior compared to other fellow Muslims because of these labels attached to their names (and not because of Taqwa), they are not entitled to be called true Muslims.

But my friend here feels that Pakistanis can only be Muslims if they belong to middle east....

Convert ki kwaeesh.....

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
So much eager to be an Arab???

"Tum syed bhi ho Mirza bhi ho Afghan bhi ho
tum sabhi kuchh ho batao ki musalman bhi ho"

Aur Musalman ho to Hindustani Muslman kyon nahin Ho?
"You are Syed; you are Mirza; you are Afghan. You are everything. Tell me, are you Muslim too?"

Here Iqbal uses the word "Syed" to represent the caste system that has penetrated Muslims . He uses the word "Mirza" to represent the ruling elite and the word "Afghan" to represent the differences in Muslims based on region, language, and race.

All these differences are anti-Qur'anic. When Iqbal poses the question, "Tell me, are you Muslim too?" he implies that those who feel proud and superior compared to other fellow Muslims because of these labels attached to their names (and not because of Taqwa), they are not entitled to be called true Muslims.

But my friend here feels that Pakistanis can only be Muslims if they belong to middle east....

Convert ki kwaeesh.....
let me quote my post again what i said

farhan_9909 ↑
Persians are in middle east but they are not arab

Pakistanis will be in middle but not Arab

can you quote where i said arabs are superior?do you know how much i hate arab?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
let me quote my post again what i said

Persians are in middle east but they are not arab

Pakistanis will be in middle but not Arab

can you quote where i said arabs are superior?do you know how much i hate arab?
Still you want to be part of middle east.....

Uuntha ko kiss karane ki Chahat. Or wish to play Changez Khan.... Pakistan being included in Middle East is equivalant to Pakistan capturing Middle East...

Hazoron Khwaishen aisi, ke .........

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Still you want to be part of middle east.....

Uuntha ko kiss karane ki Chahat. Or wish to play Changez Khan....
to be in middle east doesnt mean arab

we are happy even to be a part of central asia but exclude us from Indian Subcontinen

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
to be in middle east doesnt mean arab

we are happy even to be a part of central asia but exclude us from Indian Subcontinen
yunan -o-mishr-o-roma sab mit gaye jahan se
ab tak magar hai baqi nam-o-nishan hamara
kuch baat hai ki hasti mitati nahi hamari
sadiyo raha hai duhman daur-e-zaman hamara
'iqbal' koi maharam apna nahi jahan mein
malum kya kisi ko dard-e-nihan hamara

Oh such strong hatred and dislike for motherland..... you are proving the general belief of the forum that the converts immensely hate themselves.

No one can take out Pakistan from Indian subcontinent... Not even Allaha... Sath rahange Kayamat tak....

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
yunan -o-mishr-o-roma sab mit gaye jahan se
ab tak magar hai baqi nam-o-nishan hamara
kuch baat hai ki hasti mitati nahi hamari
sadiyo raha hai duhman daur-e-zaman hamara
'iqbal' koi maharam apna nahi jahan mein
malum kya kisi ko dard-e-nihan hamara

Oh such strong hatred and dislike for motherland..... you are proving the general belief of the forum that the converts immensely hate themselves.

No one can take out Pakistan from Indian subcontinent... Not even Allaha... Sath rahange Kayamat tak....
Oh no..not again convert

as per indian logic conversion were done on sword only (180+180+160millions) 520millions muslims are in south asia..how is this possible?

I don't know about pashtun or baloch but punjabi and sindhi are respectively descendent of Mughals and arab

why they are called punjabi?because they settled in punjab for a thousand years
and so is common for sindhi

Bhai jaan dekh lena Pakistan bohot jald south asia ma ni parr greater middle east ma count hoga

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles