Firing on plane kills woman at Peshawar airport

Ashutosh Lokhande

PESHAWAR: A firing incident on a plane arriving from Riyadh has left at least two people, including a woman and a flight steward, injured at Peshawar's Bacha Khan airport, DawnNews reported late on Tuesday night.

Initial TV reports suggest that the incident took place as the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Boeing, with around 170 passengers onboard, was landing at the airport.

The injured woman has succumbed to her bullet wounds.

Police and security forces have cordoned off the airport premises and launched a search operation to arrest the culprits behind the incident.

Inured flight steward Ijaz Chaudhry has been shifted to Combined Military Hospital (CMH).

Police officials and PIA spokesman Mashood Tajwar have confirmed the incident and the casualties.

The security was put on a high alert amidst Pakistani military's ongoing operation Zarb-i-Azb against militants in North Waziristan Agency, one of the country's seven semi-autonomous tribal agencies next to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of which Peshawar is the capital.

Firing on plane kills woman at Peshawar airport - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
lol..... Karachi airport ka ye to part 2 hua pr bich me hi power-but hogayi(cause no electricity in pakistan.....).

Ashutosh Lokhande

wont be surprised if ttp takes responsibilty, they alredy warned the pak fauj there wud be many such attacks after karachi,

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
We are expecting some major thing and not these small things.

Let's wait till the whole news come up.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
i read some one arguing that they have sterilized the area around Karachi airport in 6 hour bla bla bla :p

any RIP to the dead :confused:

BridgeSeller

I am skeptical that this is a TTP job. Not big enough. I was thinking it's more of a personal feud between two mango people regarding the ownership of goats back in Pindi or something, then just detain the passengers, but the Tribune article makes it seem like they were shot from outside the plane. If this is true, then it's a little curious, getting a hit from outside an aircraft is no child's play although it could have been a fluke.

Too many questions, I am going to wait for more info. and hope this is not the 'we will burn your palaces in Peshawar...'

Edit: Nevermind, they now say the airplane was shot in the air. Probably some stray bullets from a marriage celebration.

Ashutosh Lokhande

wet dream - ttp hijacks a fully loaded pakistan flight departing from US ( many american passengers onboard) . terrorist demands for handing over hafeez syed and dawood ibrahim to them. pakistani negotiaters gets really stressed and under pressure from US they give in to the terrorist demand. but pak army trying to be smart starts to surround the aircraft to carry on a rescue opertaion. the terrorist see this foolish move by pak fauj and blow themself up with the airplane killing all the passengers including that of US and also dawood and hafeez syed.

breaking news- obama makes sure pakistan is covered with more holes than in afghan. and drones replaces f16s and bombers. :drool:

BridgeSeller

I was thinking, If the TTP wants to adopt a 1000 cuts policy and says lets start hitting their economy, this may be a master stroke. For the cost of 6 bullets or INR50 or as they say in Pakistan, "annual take home package" they have sowed even more doubt in the minds of the foreign airlines. Currently only 5 carriers go to Peshawar: Qatari, Etihad, Saudia, Emirates and PIA. Let's see who will drop off first.

My bet is with Emirates especially when you factor in the Quadri episode.

Last edited:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
to demonstrate the TTP effect on defence budget of pakistan, here is analysis.
lets assume 1 litre diesel at 2 dollar. An aircraft max gives 0.3km/l. So to attack taliban case at 150km , the cost of diesel is 2000 dollar. And the cost of ammunation will increase the numbers. And both oil and ammo/bombs are imported.
and even using land forces like tank, soldiers etc. The cost of diesel, ammo is huge. And then the cost of remedie of injuries of soldiers.

BridgeSeller

to demonstrate the TTP effect on defence budget of pakistan, here is analysis.
lets assume 1 litre diesel at 2 dollar. An aircraft max gives 0.3km/l. So to attack taliban case at 150km , the cost of diesel is 2000 dollar. And the cost of ammunation will increase the numbers. And both oil and ammo/bombs are imported.
and even using land forces like tank, soldiers etc. The cost of diesel, ammo is huge. And then the cost of remedie of injuries of soldiers.
Arre, you are assuming that these "scores militants killed" and "xyz sorties in their blunders and f16s" are not just random manifestations of Karachi Khayali pulao cause if the army allows no journalists to go to these areas, they can literally pull numbers out of their a** and pass as fact. .

For all we know this may be a case of phantom expenditure to cook their books ala bajaur bookeeping which will double as a ploy to boost the aam momin's sagging morale and show a 5+% GDP this year.

BridgeSeller

<snip>

last few days there is less number of BOMB BLASTS&less SECURITY Men killings i wonder why is this happening after all it land of pure
May be media stopped reporting BOMB BLASTS& SECURITY Men killings (routine).To gain international coverage militants attacking high security places like airports (I think after president, airport security is very tight) <snip>
Are you implying that the media is not talking about the bombs and the killing of security forces? Why would they do that?

These ghazis are so dumb, they desperately want to be martyred so they can try and make love to those 72 raisins. I'd like to bet these Einsteins would even try that in order to salvage what would be an insanely shi**y deal. "You get to die a pointless death for a worthless cause and you get 72 raisins as reward!"

SIGN ME UP!

So what's stopping the TTP from sending another batch of 10 or so yahoos with nary a brain cell between them to attack a piddly airport like peshawar if they want to create big ticket news? Something is off about the whole situation.

BridgeSeller

Why only Ra** cases are highlighted in media after Delhi incident is there less cases before
Why now media not covering ra** cases after govt changes (except UP) is they stopped

Ans: Routine or Govt will give direction to media don't create Panic among people (same in pak)

News is ONLY TRAINED SHOOTER (Sniper) can shoot accurately landing flight so ex milatary man ........ they tried their level best
I can understand not reporting deaths of security forces. This was done by the pakis even during the Kargil War, but bomb blasts especially within the big cities can't not be reported. Maybe the beards as laying low with the IEDs with the high alert that everyone is in, Maybe things will pick up after this zarb-e-buzb operation is officially completed.

Looks like I will actually have to do some work in the office for the next few days.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistan is getting to be a dangerous and lawless area.

I wonder when will it become stable and normal.

Neo

Pakistan is getting to be a dangerous and lawless area.

I wonder when will it become stable and normal.
I think we have reached the rock bottom already, couldn't get worse than this.

Nawaz must take the threat seriously or let the army take over.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

It is well nigh impossible to snuff out a well developed terrorism, unless one does a Sri Lanka and be ready to face the world's widespread criticism of the manner in which the terrorism/ insurgency is put down.

Further, there are sympathisers of the cause of these terrorists with the Govt and the political parties.

Imran Khan is one of those who 'supports' these terrorists and wants soft means to being the 'boys' home.

Sharif has a huge and a most difficult task at hand.

Pakistan is a schizophrenic country. Take the case of Musharraf. He went hammer and tongs in Balochistan and what did he get? Ignominy and cases against him. And imagine, in Pakistan, an Army Chief can be put in the docks, when criticism of the Army and ISI is not permitted!!

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag

Well its not like Iraq, you can take that positive atleast, not yet.

Neo

It is well nigh impossible to snuff out a well developed terrorism, unless one does a Sri Lanka and be ready to face the world's widespread criticism of the manner in which the terrorism/ insurgency is put down.

Further, there are sympathisers of the cause of these terrorists with the Govt and the political parties.

Imran Khan is one of those who 'supports' these terrorists and wants soft means to being the 'boys' home.

Sharif has a huge and a most difficult task at hand.
Sharif is incompetant and has to go, only the army can save the country from going down to abyss.
Imran is a confused and bittered soul. Surprisingly he supports the military action in Waziristan.

If we pull a.Sri Lanka in Pakistan, the US will certainly support it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles