Firing at a Gurudwara in US, several people shot: Reports

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
more over they are cleaning a crime scene with blood
OK.

so the shooting took place in that space!

Thats not a five star hotel.
True that Gurudwaras are not five star hotels, but because of their wonderful religious rite called kar seva. their place of worship and langar is always spic and span.

Even when they do kar seva, they don't attire themselves as if they are professional janitors as janitors dress in India!

Last edited:

ani82v

Country flag
Wisconsin Sikhs speak of forgiveness, rebirth at first Sunday service since gunman killed 6 - The Washington Post

Hundreds of people who gathered at a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee spoke of unity, strength and rebirth during the first Sunday service there since a gunman killed six people before fatally shooting himself.

The service capped a weekend of events meant to honor the victims and restore the temple as a place of worship. While there were still tears and red eyes, many participants said healing was under way.

Visitors removed their shoes outside and filed past portraits of the victims, shuffling down a flower-lined aisle into the main prayer room. They dropped dollar bills in front of a shrine where their holy book sits and bowed for two to three seconds. Then they sat on the floor —women on the left, men on the right — their heads covered with scarves, and listened as a priest recited religious hymns.

Those at Sunday's service included Sikhs from as far away as California and about 50 from Cleveland, who chartered a bus to make the eight-hour drive to support their community.

"It's an emotional day but it's getting better," said Justice Khalsa, 41, of Milwaukee, who visits the temple three or four days a week. "I'm smiling and laughing now, but once this group goes away and we're back to our regular schedule, it will be haunting, I'm sure."

The proceedings began in the parking lot with a "nishan sahib," or a ceremony in which participants clean a Sikh flagpole to symbolize the temple's rebirth.

Women sang hymns as a group lowered the pole. About 50 people, mostly men and boys, unwrapped a faded orange cloth that covered the pole, washed the pole with water and milk and then rewrapped it with a darker orange cloth. The group then filed inside the temple for more prayers and hymns.

Wade Michael Page, 40, used a 9 mm pistol to kill six people and wound four others, including a police officer, in an ambush that took place shortly before a service was to begin Aug. 5. He shot himself after being wounded by another police officer.

Page, an Army veteran with a record of minor alcohol-related crimes and a spotty employment history, had performed with several bands associated with white supremacists and neo-Nazi groups. Still, investigators say they may never know for certain what prompted his attack.

When relatives gathered to plan Friday's memorial, several wanted to include a seventh empty coffin to remember Page.

"It would have sent a message that we have forgiven this man for his actions," said Amardeep Singh, the son of one victim. "We forgave him because otherwise it would have been a thorn in our side for the rest of our lives."

The idea was eventually scuttled, and most at the Oak Creek temple Sunday seemed content to forget about Page.

"He should not be discussed," Khalsa said. "People like that aren't important. They don't deserve attention. We're concentrating on the people who lost their lives."

Temple officials unveiled a simple but striking memorial to the victims. While leaders had repaired most of the damage to the temple, they left one dime-sized bullet hole unrepaired. Beneath it, they installed a small gold plate engraved with "We Are One. 8-5-12"

The hole, in a door jamb near the main prayer room, is meant to remind visitors of the victims: the temple president, three priests and two worshippers who died, as well as a police officer and three others who were injured.

It was in their memory that Amarjit Singh Kang, 48, organized the charter bus from Cleveland. He said attendees didn't think twice about whether to make the 430-mile trip.

"It's important we all be together," he said.

Blackwater

The amount of coverage american media gave to this incident. One thing is sure that approx 80% of ammericans knows now who the sikhs are and how they different from Muslims

pmaitra

FBI arrests Sikh temple shooter's ex-girlfriend

Misty Cook

Authorities in Wisconsin have arrested the ex-girlfriend of the man believed responsible for Sunday's shooting rampage at a Sikh temple outside of Milwaukee. Misty Cook was brought into custody on Tuesday night for illegal possession of a weapon.

Police were questioning Cook, 31, at her South Milwaukee home about her relationship with alleged shooter Wade Michael Page when they discovered a firearm on the property. Because Cook was convicted of fleeing and eluding a traffic officer in 2001 — a felony — it is illegal for her to own a gun.

Late Tuesday, the Milwaukee Police Department released a statement confirming that they had apprehended the suspect amid questioning regarding the weekend massacre.
Source: FBI arrests Sikh temple shooter's ex-girlfriend — RT

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Oak Creek/Washington: Nearly two weeks after six Sikhs were killed by a white supremacist at a Wisconsin Gurdwara, a member of the same shrine has been shot dead in an attempted robbery, sending shock waves among the community members.

56-year-old Dalbir Singh was gunned down by unidentified men at a grocery store in Milwaukee city of Wisconsin state.

A manhunt has been launched to nab the assailants, police said.
Sikh shot dead in Wisconsin in attempted robbery

Tolaha

'Person of interest' in Sikh temple shooting struggles to live down unwanted fame | Fox News

In the hours after a madman shot up a Sikh temple in a Milwaukee suburb, his face was suddenly splashed all over the news as a "person of interest."

Police at the scene of the Aug. 5 shooting in Oak Creek, Wis., killed gunman Wade Michael Page, but someone had noticed a stranger at the scene. The tall, muscular man, with a tattoo on his biceps and wearing a pair of dark shades seemed out of place -- even suspicious -- to some, as he briefly watched and even videotaped the aftermath of the shooting, which left six dead. At a press conference the next morning, police distributed a photo another bystander took of the mystery man. They described him as a person of interest they were trying to locate and interview.

But the man, who recently spoke exclusively to FoxNews.com, had done nothing wrong. His 15 minutes of infamy was a byproduct of the fear coursing through the community after the horrific massacre -- and he continues to pay a price.

"I've been called a white supremacist, a domestic terrorist -- I want people to know I'm just a regular bystander and I was there and I just got singled out because I have 9/11 tattoo on my arm and I looked like the shooter in that I'm a tall white guy," the man, a former New York City firefighter named Eric, told FoxNews.com.

Although authorities quickly located Eric and determined he had nothing to do with the crime -- and advised the media of this -- he's been forced to hide out in fear for his life ever since. Eric told FoxNews.com he still worries people think he was involved in the shooting or was somehow allied with Page.

"I never heard of him or seen him before," he said of the shooting suspect.

Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards told FoxNews.com moments after the press conference that a bystander had taken a photo of the "person of interest" at the scene of the crime and found him suspicious because he left the scene without speaking to law enforcement.

Eric and law enforcement sources who verified his account say that he was among throngs of media and other bystanders who arrived at the temple hours after the shooting and who took video footage or photographs.

"I was in the staging area where the media crew was located 11:45, or 12-ish at the time, I was just there out of curiosity and I took some video, I was only there for an hour and some people thought I looked suspicious" he told FoxNews.com.

In the frenzied hours after the attack, there were reports that there may have been more than one shooter. Further compounding the matter, witnesses said they thought the suspect had a 9/11 tattoo. Page did not -- but Eric does.

"I have a 9/11 tattoo because I'm originally from New York City and I was a volunteer firefighter -- my family still lives in New York," Eric said. "Sometime on Sunday night [the day of the shooting] reports came out saying the shooter had a 9/11 tattoo; I guess they were talking about me. The FBI told me the shooter doesn't have a 9/11 tattoo."

Eric, who has lived in Oak Creek for four years and works in warehouse logistics, was at work without his phone and didn't realize his photo had been released to the world as a person of interest until he talked to his girlfriend later in the day.

"I was like, 'Oh my God,'" he recalled. "I was shocked. I called [the FBI] up right away and said it's me, I'm the guy you're looking for.

"My face was all over the media," he added. "It was like they thought I was the other shooter."

Eric says they immediately sent agents to his office to interview him, then later that afternoon announced that he'd been cleared of any involvement. But he spent the next two weeks hiding at home and not leaving until dark out of concern that people would recognize his face and think he was involved in the shooting.

He said he's been in touch with an FBI agent who is also a member of the Sikh temple.

"I just wanted to clear the air, let them know my side, let them know that I have no hard feelings against members of the Sikh community, that I'm sorry for what happened at the temple and let them know my heart and prayers go out to them."

Eric says he doesn't understand why the FBI went through such extremes to locate him, saying that in the town of Oak Creek, "I'm pretty easy to find."

Nearly three weeks after the shooting, Eric still wonders what strangers are thinking when their gazes linger a moment too long. But he hopes with time, the notoriety he never asked for will die down.

"I'm sure it'll die down eventually -- I hope," he said.

Blackwater

Injured officer makes first public appearance since Sikh Temple shooting

OAK CREEK, Wisc. —
The Oak Creek police officer who was shot 15 times during the Sikh Temple shooting celebrated his birthday and made his first public appearance Sunday after being injured on Aug. 5.

Lt. Brian Murphy attended a benefit in his honor at Classic Lanes on Howell Avenue, across the street from the Sikh Temple where a gunman killed six people last month. Proceeds from the benefit will go to the temple and to help with Murphy's recovery.

"He's just such a self-less person, I felt like I had to be here today," said Shari Ackaret. "We need more people like that, and he deserves it."

Murphy received a hero's welcome as he and family hugged and said thank you to the hundreds of people from the Oak Creek community.

This was the first time the public has seen Murphy walking and talking since a gunman opened fire on him in the temple parking lot.

Though Murphy can only speak in a whisper because of the injuries he suffered, he managed to thank everyone for their kindness and prayers.

"I just want to let everyone know how appreciative I am and my family is, of your kindness and prayers," he said. "It means so much to us."

Murphy also said he was happy to celebrate his birthday in public.

"You have no idea how nice it is to see my birthday," he said. "I don't mind getting older now."

Read more: Injured officer makes first public appearance since Sikh Temple shooting | Milwaukee County - WISN Home

Read more: Injured officer makes first public appearance since Sikh Temple shooting | Milwaukee County - WISN Home

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
The Oak Creek police officer who was shot 15 times during the Sikh Temple shooting celebrated his birthday and made his first public appearance Sunday after being injured on Aug. 5.
:shocked: ... Bravo. Tough guy indeed :clap:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Injured officer makes first public appearance since Sikh Temple shooting

OAK CREEK, Wisc. —

Lt. Brian Murphy attended a benefit in his honor at Classic Lanes on Howell Avenue, across the street from the Sikh Temple where a gunman killed six people last month. Proceeds from the benefit will go to the temple and to help with Murphy's recovery.

"He's just such a self-less person, I felt like I had to be here today," said Shari Ackaret. "We need more people like that, and he deserves it."

Murphy received a hero's welcome as he and family hugged and said thank you to the hundreds of people from the Oak Creek community.

This was the first time the public has seen Murphy walking and talking since a gunman opened fire on him in the temple parking lot.

Though Murphy can only speak in a whisper because of the injuries he suffered, he managed to thank everyone for their kindness and prayers.

"I just want to let everyone know how appreciative I am and my family is, of your kindness and prayers," he said. "It means so much to us."

Murphy also said he was happy to celebrate his birthday in public.

"You have no idea how nice it is to see my birthday," he said. "I don't mind getting older now."

Great... now he can live his life as a living hero. :thumb:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The amount of coverage american media gave to this incident. One thing is sure that approx 80% of ammericans knows now who the sikhs are and how they different from Muslims
And the unfortunate thing is that it was only after this incident that it got so much coverage...... Sikhs should have propogated the "difference" by themselves.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles