Finland wants to join Russia

Discussion in 'Europe and Russia' started by bhramos, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Akim

Akim Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

Russia now behaves much crazier than it did the USSR. Putin has no mechanism of containment and control. Previously, it was the Politburo.
    Finns do not be afraid of Putin.

jouni likes this.
  2. jouni

jouni Senior Member Senior Member

We are not afraid. It is quite funny actually, when Russian politics say that preparing against Russia is like preparing against Marsians. Or when Russian military calms down worried Russian citizens by saying that Finns do not have enough troops in the border to attack Russia.... What a crazy country ;) LOL....

3. Akim

Today I listened to Zhirinovsky, who said that ISIS is an American project to destroy Russia and Europe.:daru:

jouni likes this.
  4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I ask "cui bono?" and I conclude the same thing.

marrakesh likes this.
  5. Akim

YOU are also in the ranks of the paranoid?

6. pmaitra

I am in the ranks of the rational, not in the ranks of the multitude led by claptrap.

marrakesh likes this.
  7. Akim

Ie Zhirinovsky rational person?:crazy:

8. pmaitra

This is not about Zhirinovsky. It is about what he said. I believe that ISIS came into existence as a consequence of the US and the west arming and funding anti-Assad Sunni fundamentalists.

I will believe it when Zhirinovsky says it. I will believe it if my neighbour's pet dog says it.

marrakesh likes this.
  9. Akim

In this I agree with you. However, why this has not happened in Indochina? Here in Africa a similar situation.

10. pmaitra

Spasiba Bolshoi.

"Here in Africa?" You live in Africa? :shock:

Well, if you look at Boko Haram, or North and South Sudan, or Kenya, or even Egypt (technically, it is in Africa), you will there is a rise of Islamist Fundamentalism happening in Africa.

Edited to add: Indo-China is largely Buddhist. However, there is Islamist Fundamentalism in Indonesia, Thailand, and Myanmar.

The US is probably not involved, but a dear friend of US, Saudi Arabia, is totally committed to the spread of Sunni Fundamentalist Wahhabi ideology.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    marrakesh likes this.
  11. Akim

This redistribution of resources. Africa and the middle East is rich in these resources .(oil, natural gas, gold, diamonds, bauxite). Where Central authority is weak, then other forces trying to keep hold of that pie. Islamism is not to blame.

12. pmaitra

Where central authority is weak, other forces try to get hold of the pie. True.

Also, where central authority is strong, like Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, other forces try to get hold of the pie. Their theocratic dictatorship is supported by the US, and the US has a hold on Saudi oil. It was the same case in Iraq, till Saddam decided to switch to Euro.

Islamists are one of the stakeholders in Africa. They are not the only stakeholders. There are others too. I don't agree with your last sentence.

Finally, watch the movie "Blood Diamond."

marrakesh likes this.
  13. marrakesh

marrakesh Regular Member

You're lying shamelessly.

14. jouni

What exactly am I lying? It is poor land and Finland has poured millions of Euros there in aid. Did you know that Piter water cleaning plant is largely paid by EU and Finnish money. I admit that Karelia is getting little better these last years with new roads etc. You said once that you were ex military? Do you have passport? Have you been in Finland, then you can compare Vyborg region to Lappeenranta region with your own eyes.

15. marrakesh

marrakesh Regular Member

You're lying that "All the finns moved away to homeland"
    You're lying that "Russians got an empty land with nobody left"
    You're lying that "Stalin brought new inhabitants from southern Russia"
    You're lying that "Karelian Oblast is a poor neglected oblast".
    Yes, I know, about 30 000 000 euro.
    Did you know that Russia invest NPP construction in Finland, and send 1 000 000 000 euro first transh?
    Budget expenditures of Karelia in 2014 was near 500 000 000 euro. How much money is your aid?
    I often go to Finland, for the rest and shopping. And I often go to Karelia, for the rest and work. Yes, I can compare both. And I agree, that Finland lives better for the present. But we'll catch up, do not doubt.

jouni, SANITY and pmaitra like this.
  16. jouni

As sizable numbers of civilians who had been relocated into Finland from Karelia in 1939-40 had moved back into Karelia during the war, they had to be evacuated again; of the 260,000 civilians who had moved back into the Karelia, only 19 chose to remain and become Soviet citizens.[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War#Armistice_and_aftermath

Ok, not ALL Finns left for the homeland, 19 stayed.

http://www.karjalanapu.org

Here is one of the many organisations who arrange help to Karelia. Is it good that you have started to invest in Karelia. 70 years of downfall is surely enough for that beautiful region. If things continue peacefully Helsinki- Piter region could be one of the most dynamic economic regions in Europe with 10 million people...

apple likes this.
  17. jouni

marrakesh likes this.
  18. jouni

Exporting humanitarian aid to Russia has decreased dramatically in recent years. On the other hand, Estonia has become an important aid in. EU country it is easily achievable to Russia, and especially in the north-east Estonia suffers from unemployment and poverty.Soviet Union collapsed, Finland's neighboring areas at Russian Karelia was seen even hunger. Countless different organizations took him to Russia of goods and food aid in the 1990s and even the 2000s the beginning, but the situation has changed."We have not had large-scale humanitarian operation in years. Departments are still a small export goods passing people involved mainly in the Karelian children's homes," says Secretary General of Finland-Russia Society Merja Hannus.Conditions in Russia have improved, and also the country's own non-governmental organizations are doing a greater proportion of social and health assistance work.Taking the assistance to Russia restrains the bureaucracy as large tranche need to obtain an export permit from Moscow.Joensuu-based nonpartisan assistance of Karelia association has found that obtaining export permits Moscow to take longer than usual."There is a small cubs of the Cold War," describes Managing Director Veijo Saarelainen.

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1431492605951

19. jouni

@marrakesh, is this the real reason for your sudden interest in Karelia?

Karelia is the last of the Russian opposition mayor - now Putin's supporters are trying to smoke him out

Opposition noisy street demonstrations, open to the media war and businessmen from the opposition ranks. Russian Karelia, seething in a way that has been exceptional in Russia after the Crimean conquest.

The mayor Galina Širšina, 36, sits in his office in Petrozavodsk run-down city hall and smiles as if he would not be at the center of a political storm. Russia's last opposition mayor of the window overlooking the windy Lake Onega.

"I do not count the days. However, town councilors have already openly talking about the premature resignation."

"I'm not afraid. As long as I am given time, as long as I work for the benefit of our city."

SERGEI GRATŠOV
    The opposition party Yabloko activist Gadirov Gadir shared the Director of the Republic of Karelia Alexander Hudilaisen difference demanding slips of paper in June in Petrozavodsk. The police came to the scene to oust him.
    The opposition party Yabloko activist Gadirov Gadir shared the Director of the Republic of Karelia Alexander Hudilaisen difference demanding slips of paper in June in Petrozavodsk. The police came to the scene to oust him.
    Pressures around Širšinan are constantly increasing. His supporters sitting in pre-trial detention and under house arrest on charges of economic crimes. Opposition says suspicions are political.

Some of the accused or their representatives who agree to speak only nimettä, others have been intimidated to silence entirely.

The mayor's main sponsor and the opposition party Yabloko local leader Vasily Popov was forced to flee to Finland

SERGEI GRATŠOV
    [​IMG]

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1435979253631?ref=hs-top4-4

20. marrakesh

marrakesh Regular Member

19 Finns you say?
    Official population census in Karelia:
    1939 - 8322 Finns
    1959 - 27829 Finns