Finland - Society and Economy

pmaitra

It would be interesting to know how many of you Russia fan boys have actually spent time in Russia to get to know it. Yes I will mock Russia as long as their politics remain as they are. If you want to insult me, try to Find Finland vs Sweden rivalry, that works, not Russia -angle. I have to google those syndromes to find out what they mean.

I have no hidden agenda. I wish India and Russia would prosper. I lived five years in Baltics and saw how those countries were rebuilt with EU help. It pisses me off to see that Russia once again missed the opportunity and is heading back to stagnation and rise of inequity.
You spent five years in the Baltics. Good for you. I hope they have a solution for the rampant suicide that happens there, with or without the help of EU. I do not wish to visit the Baltics. I couldn't care less about countries with fascist laws and glorification of Nazi sympathizers.

I do not need to insult you. You are doing a fine job thereof, with your comments.

Voldemort

Country flag
Am I sensing sour grapes here? India with all her thousands years civilization cannot even dream of ever having the standard of living of Finland. We know it, so even with down economy we are not cutting aid to India, or co-op projects.

Of course some in Finland are protesting giving aid to 1500$ GDP country who spends billions in military programs.
Really, jouni its time you realised a 2 trillion $ economy dont need aid to survive. That aid is not really meant for poor people but given for other reasons.

jouni

You always like to shoot the messanger. I do not make these studies, I am just proud of my country's success. We have worked hard to be at the top of the world and now enjoy the fruits.

I bet that if you could show me one study where India is at the top of the world, I would be happy for you, not try to put you down.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You always like to shoot the messanger. I do not make these studies, I am just proud of my country's success. We have worked hard to be at the top of the world and now enjoy the fruits.

I bet that if you could show me one study where India is at the top of the world, I would be happy for you, not try to put you down.
I am sure Finland being a NATO's personal little bitch, for saving its rear from mercilessly pounded by Russia, is a very proud achievement for the Finns :lol:.

Now dont get angry at the messenger for pointing out the obvious:thumb:

jouni

I am sure Finland being a NATO's personal little bitch, for saving its rear from mercilessly pounded by Russia, is a very proud achievement for the Finns :lol:.

Now dont get angry at the messenger for pointing out the obvious:thumb:
I am not NATO supporter, but of course NATO has guaranteed peace in Europe and 94% of EU citizens belong to it. Comparing NATO countries to countries like India is like comparing a new Mercedes to a broken down riksha.Maybe you oppose NATO because it reminds you of British Empires golden days, it is that superior.

If Ukraine had been in NATO, Crimea and east Ukraine would have never happened. Finland do not need NATO, Russia has learned from the previous time.

Last edited:

Voldemort

Country flag

There are hundreds of things India is good at, but we have 'real' things to look forward to and discuss. Unlike you, we dont go crazy over some 'study' and think our nation is on 'top of the world'. You can think about being on top of the world when half the world's population comes to know where on a world map does a country called Finland exists.

jouni

There are hundreds of things India is good at, but we have 'real' things to look forward to and discuss. Unlike you, we dont go crazy over some 'study' and think our nation is on 'top of the world'. You can think about being on top of the world when half the world's population comes to know where on a world map does a country called Finland exists.
In Finland every child knows where India is. What is the point of having over billion population, if only thing that India can provide for half of them is loincloth?

This conversation is useless. Lets agree that both are happy with what they got.

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
You always like to shoot the messanger. I do not make these studies, I am just proud of my country's success. We have worked hard to be at the top of the world and now enjoy the fruits..
Messanger ? What is that? Is it like a Massager?

So much for Finnish education. :rolleyes:

Voldemort

Country flag
I am not NATO supporter, but of course NATO has guaranteed peace in Europe and 94% of EU citizens belong to it. Comparing NATO countries to countries like India is like comparing a new Mercedes to a broken down riksha.Maybe you oppose NATO because it reminds you of British Empires golden days, it is that superior.

If Ukraine had been in NATO, Crimea and east Ukraine would have never happened. Finland do not need NATO, Russia has learned from the previous time.
India can not only be compared to all NATO countries, but can beat a fair number of them in terms of military and economy. But Finland can only be compared to insignificant countries like Pakistan. Your comparison of Finland with Russia is juvenile, as pointed out earlier to you with figures. But if you wish to maintain that 14000 out 15000 Russian tanks wont work, well, be in your Land of dreams.

jouni

India can not only be compared to all NATO countries, but can beat a fair number of them in terms of military and economy. But Finland can only be compared to insignificant countries like Pakistan. Your comparison of Finland with Russia is juvenile, as pointed out earlier to you with figures. But if you wish to maintain that 14000 out 15000 Russian tanks wont work, well, be in your Land of dreams.

This is from Ukraine, I bet there are plenty of these in Russia also.

jouni

There is. 15000 in Russia and 350 in Finland. What do you want to suggest?
We got world class anti tank weapons, there are only few roads that you can use to attack. Rest is forrest and lakes, not suitable for tanks. If they attack, it will be "Raate road" all over again.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51d3s9FevyY[/video]

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
We got world class anti tank weapons, there are only few roads that you can use to attack. Rest is forrest and lakes, not suitable for tanks. If they attack, it will be "Raate road" all over again.

Invading a country is a high-risk job, the current superpower the mighty US got bloody nose in Afghanistan and Iraq. Everybody knows what happened in Vietnam. It is the NATO which is acting as aggressor, and if Finland acts like a client state, it will definitely receive it's fair share from Russia.

Voldemort

Country flag

They wont limit themselves to tanks of course. You will be beaten by the numbers. I will leave you to your delusional state of mind.

Last edited:

jouni

They wont limit themselves to tanks of course. You will be beaten by the numbers. I will leave you to your delusional state of mind.
You should get over your NATO fears, it has guaranteed peace in Europe for almost 70 years. Before Putin went crazy, also Russia was considering joining NATO.

Voldemort

Country flag
You should get over your NATO fears, it has guaranteed peace in Europe for almost 70 years. Before Putin went crazy, also Russia was considering joining NATO.
Why should we fear NATO? We have got friendly relations with all NATO states. It is Finland that needs to worry about Russia. Dont piss them off by joining NATO.

pmaitra

So, as I see so far, this thread, entitled "Finland is the least Fragile country of the World," started off with a map.

Then, our beloved @jouni decides to toss muck at Russia in this post, and gets countered.

And now, looks like he is holding onto a difficult front, just like 1940.

So, the lesson to learn here is that we should stick to the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voldemort

Country flag
Do you want to say that NATO is an imperialist force like the British Empire? :confused:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles