Financial Action Task Force (FATF) puts Pakistan in the terror financing grey list

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
To all the very stable geniuses who want to see Pakistan punished and then rely on their PR outlets for news, this is the absolute state of Pakistaniat. Their FM lies publicly, to their own people and to the world. No shame, no apologies, no retractions. Please remember that the next time you decide to lash out in frustration after gobbling Paki propaganda.

jat

If this statement is true then we should immediately tell sent a letter of protest .
For now there is a 3 month delay ,we should focus on getting these three votes in our favor . A public declaration of how Pakistan ISI help ISIS and militant in east Turkmenistan will increase pressure on Pakistan .
Doing so would be waste of money and manpower on India's part. No one gives a crap about Pakistan. Let them be. They have enough problems regardless of how America punishes them or India. India is not rich or as powerful as the US to do this on whim. And China, Turkey would not allow this to happen. Russia may need the influence Pakistan.
What does India gain or not? It does not change the status quo on LOC or Pakistans positions. It just hurts their hungry stomachs which isn't a lose to Pak state and ISI.
the effect India needs to have is on Pakistani propaganda and ground realities in Kashmir. Which are changing in favor of India recently. Protect India's gains.

thethinker

Country flag
To all the very stable geniuses who want to see Pakistan punished and then rely on their PR outlets for news, this is the absolute state of Pakistaniat. Their FM lies publicly, to their own people and to the world. No shame, no apologies, no retractions. Please remember that the next time you decide to lash out in frustration after gobbling Paki propaganda.
Not just their foreign policy, their state machinery too lies through their teeth to their awaam.

The typical modus operandi is to project any positive development in the near future and generate a false sense of hope for the present time being.

The idea is to fool everyone that Pakistan is right on brink of an economic revival and soon be very prosperous.

But when the time comes to deliver, they would portray helplessness, maybe even blame India or the corrupt govt (whoever that is since Pakis are not known for either integrity or accountability).

Eg :

Back in November, their Paki minister for Power and Energy assured them that there won't be any loadshedding. (Source)

Now, the same awaam is warned that there will be loadshedding yet again. (Source) :lol:

It is this type of propaganda that gives Pakis a sense of legitimacy and that is why they dare compare the jihadi nation of theirs with India on all fronts.

Last edited:

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Nobody is sure what has happened.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Its confirmed now, here is confirmation from Reuters.
Pakistan is in the grey list.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...orist-financing-watchlist-media-idUSKCN1G70X7
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A global money-laundering watchdog has placed Pakistan back on its terrorist financing watchlist, Indian media and a diplomatic source said on Friday, in a likely blow to both Pakistan’s economy and its strained relations with the United States.
They are quoting Indian media on this. Need to wait for FATF's statement, I guess.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Waiting for official FATF statement. But Reuters mentioned a non indian source as well.

I guess the tweet by Paki minister further hardened the US resolve to go with this. Saudis may have been the first to buckle and when it seemed a lost cause Chinese may have switched as well, leaving the turks embarassed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Greylist is a good start. But we have to lobby very hard to put them in the blacklist itself for sanctions to take place. At least we should get a certain number of important trading partners of pakistan to stop trade with them in exchange for lucrative trade concessions with India. Its definitely worth the effort. And India with a 2.8 trillion dollar economy (2018 nominal) definitely has the economic clout to do it.

Country flag
Looks like the commies could not save the reject terrorists . A little late but great move to slowly sanction Pakistan from international banking system and guaranteeing the failure of CPEC.

ganesh177

Country flag
I read pakistani argue that who cares for fatf we have chinese investing through cpec.

My question is if china is member of fatf, and if pakistan gets grey listed , then is china not bound by fatf directions of not investing in such a country ?
Or is chinese expected defy any such fatf policies ?

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I read pakistani argue that who cares for fatf we have chinese investing through cpec.

My question is if china is member of fatf, and if pakistan gets grey listed , then is china not bound by fatf directions of not investing in such a country ?
Or is chinese expected defy any such fatf policies ?
FATF does not have powers to impose sanctions on a country found not meeting the required standards. Grey and black lists identify country that has not taken sufficient measures to combat terror financing or money laundering. A country in its grey list is subject to greater scrutiny affecting/increasing cost of doing international transactions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles