Farewell Little Dot.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
he shot 4 planes in 30 sec:confused::confused::confused:
Here is one account:

Alam’s Speed-shooting Classic
Firing a Sidewinder from a dive at very low altitude, Alam was not surprised to see it go into the ground. The best way of launching the early model Sidewinders at such altitudes was to get below the target and fire with a cooler sky for a background, thus easing the missile seeker's heat discrimination problem. However, with the Hunters skimming the treetops, going any lower was out of question. The predicament was soon resolved when the Hunters pulled up to clear a stretch of high-tension cables. In good range, dead line astern and hearing a loud 'growl' that signalled a positive heat source, Alam couldn't have asked for better firing conditions. He let go his second Sidewinder, but didn't see it hit directly. With an apparent proximity detonation, the missile warhead had dangerously ruptured the Hunter's fuel lines. Jog's formation members heard desperate messages of illuminated warning lights and engine rough-running from the stricken pilot. Overshooting the crippled Hunter, Alam noticed with amazement that its canopy was missing and there was no pilot inside. With other Hunters as well as his own wingman to keep an eye on, Alam had obviously missed the ejection sequence. Looking around, he noticed the pilot coming down by parachute. Bhatti, who was watching from a distance, recalls, "While Alam was chasing, I continued to look-out for other Hunters as I hadn't yet given up the prospects of achieving a kill. We were just short of the river when a flash in the sky caught my eye and I observed an aircraft go down in flames. I learnt later that the pilot had ejected shortly before the aircraft hit the ground."

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned
He is was the first ace pilot in S.Asia and the only pilot in the world who became an ace after the WW-II in a single sortie.
He should have made to the top spot but he was a maverick and wasn't keen on following dictates.... top brass diplomacy.

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned
Little dot, during his final days...accepts a visit by Chief of Air Staff.

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned
Second from the left.

ACM paying his last visit to the little dot.

Just before the flight.

A Final goodbye to a National hero and an iconic pilot

Rest in peace...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This bit sounds too far fetched

Alam downed five Indian aircraft in less than a minute — the first four within 30 seconds — establishing a world record. He also excelled in gunnery competition, a skill that without a doubt contributed greatly to his becoming the first and the only jet ace in one mission.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
He was also an acquintance to General Chuck Yegar. I spoke to General Yegar once, he was impressed by PAF pilots in 1965...chuck was in Pakistan at that time and counted the tails of shot down Indian jets and kept records of it.
One of the IAF plane also bombed his fighter jet after knowing he was there in Pakistan :tongue:

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned
I thought it was about

Liked this comic character who was the friend of Little Lotta.

Little dot was MM-Alam's callsign/nickname which was never assigned to any other pilot in PAF after him. Most top gradues from CCS PAF Base Mushaf adopt their unique nicknames ie SideWinder,Talon,Claw,Dagger etc

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Black Blood said:
It means Pakistan Navy's warships would have rotation rights from Iraq.
Iraq only has two boats that can even make it to Pakistan. I hardly call that a fair trade.

History books will write Pakistani intelligence's name in stone......how an organization of 10000 men defeated two superpowers within 25 years.. Why would we fight the US in the air where we don't have a chance,and not where we can get our objectives achieved ?
You must be talking about Taliban... that isn't Pakistan. They are still kicking your ass. How hard is it to shoot down drones and helicopters? The US can't do shit since it is violation of your airspace. Yes, you have the right to shoot them down if you don't give consent. You are happy letting the US walk all over your sovereignty. Even France denied the US overflight during Reagan's bombing of Libya. They don't mess with our airspace, you just have to tell them no.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
History books will write Pakistani intelligence's name in stone......how an organization of 10000 men defeated two superpowers within 25 years.. Why would we fight the US in the air where we don't have a chance,and not where we can get our objectives achieved ?
Without the US aid to include weapons there was no hope in hell that the Soviets could be defeated.

No one has defeated the US in Afghanistan. If anyone has defeated the US, it is the US public opinion, which has found that US lives should not be wasted in contesting the rabble and the so called 10,000 men can hardly be taken to be the ones who did it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles