FAO Singh is king

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I can confirm that dilli food is better than lahore food.

No i didn't go to land of purely insane but in international trade fair! they had a paki food stall and pakis themselves were cooking so i ordered lahori chicken to try out and i must confess it is not better than dilli korma or butter chicken. It was good but not better...lacked killer touch.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
look at the bright side now singh doesn't have any reason to goto lahore :laugh:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
And this is why we win all wars!!!!
:india: :india: :india:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I saw this programme a few minutes back where a Pakistani is running a Pakistani eatery called Oh Calcutta!

Pakistani Food Safari

Food Safari explores the delicious world of Pakistani food with some dishes that are loved around the world – like the elaborate biryani – the layered spiced rice and meat dish beloved by Pakistanis. Chef Sonya Kayani makes a marvelous version of biryani using goat curry which she layers with saffron and plain basmati rice to create a feast.

Maeve's friend Basil Daniell (who ran subcontinent restaurant Oh Calcutta for 19 years) runs through the key ingredients, herbs and spices and shares a very easy lamb dumpling recipe from the wild North-West Frontier region of Pakistan that Basil has adapted by using wonton wrappers.

We explore a very busy Pakistani eatery and discover the big favourites are tandoori chicken and a slow cooked lamb and dhal dish called haleem. Maeve spends a few hours with long time restaurateur Javed Chaudry (Jinnah's Tandoori and Seafood Restaurant) to see how its made. During filming we meet famous Pakistani fast bowler Waqar Younis who shows how Pakistani people love to eat with bread.
http://www.sbs.com.au/food/foodsafaricuisine/index/cp/18/section/businesses/n/Pakistani
Imagine that!

The name is Oh Calcutta (which is a chain of restaurants in India) and this Pakistani snitches the name, open an eatery, and calls food served as Pakistani food!

And Calcutta is nowhere in Pakistan or even near about Pakistan! :eek:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I saw this programme a few minutes back where a Pakistani is running a Pakistani eatery called Oh Calcutta!

Imagine that!

The name is Oh Calcutta (which is a chain of restaurants in India) and this Pakistani snitches the name, open an eatery, and calls food served as Pakistani food!

On discovery they were showing pakistani cuisine so naturally i was curious to see what they cook and found all non-veg dishes to be Indian that are served openly in all dhabas across north India.

Basically there is no pakistani culture let alone pakistani food.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
There was one faisal one that was indo-pak one, absolutely atrocious food. and then there was that lahori one, which I didn't try but those who did, said it wasn't anything special.

However, I'd still like to try Lahori food, and there is a chance that a trip is on the horizon.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Indian vegetarian food has so much variety :thumb:

All parts of the country ie North , South, East, West, and Central india have a wide variety of very tasty vegetarian dishes

KS

Bye bye DFI
But their Aloo Parathas are awesome...

When I was in KW, I used to eat from a pak restaurant and I must say that I have not had such tasty Aloo paratha or rajma in India...

Dont know much about their other foods.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Makki ke roti hor sarson de saag

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
But their Aloo Parathas are awesome...

When I was in KW, I used to eat from a pak restaurant and I must say that I have not had such tasty Aloo paratha or rajma in India...

Dont know much about their other foods.
I bet you have not eaten aloo paratha from dhaba in punjab on highway. :hungry:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nothing like a Tandoori Chicken at the restaurant outside Pathankot Railway station advertised as Meet me Anywhere, but Eat me Here.

And the Mugz `Brain Curry´ at a small restaurant close to the Golden Temple!

Balle Balle!

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Maeve's friend Basil Daniell (who ran subcontinent restaurant Oh Calcutta for 19 years)
Ok I got it ... its the same craving of calling anything Indian as sub continental :D
Or like their popular news titles - "South Asia hosts CWG" .. :tsk:

Regards,
Virendra

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Exactly. When anything good happens, it is always "subcontinental" or "South Asian" for the naPakis. When something bad happens, it is always evil Hindu India. The CWG preparations were a failure of corrupt bad India, but the F1 race was an awesome thing for "South Asia". Pricks!! :rage:

SHASH2K2

anywhere in India if you feel like having some nice paranthas try to find out some punjabi Dhabas. No one make better parathas better than punjabis . for bangaloreans Bobby da dhaba is best place to have nice punjabi food .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles