Indian Military fan art, conceptual art & CGI

Kuntal

Country flag
How do you model contours on aircraft? I have been able to model nearly everything but I can't get aircraft right. Can you make a tutorial or something and post it on YouTube? Only the low-poly base-mesh.

Same story here. Modeling aircraft are the most challenging one. Specially when it comes to Indian ac . Because of non availability of reference blueprints. How I modeled LCA was , I took a Mirage2000 model, retopo it's front section manually , then did the rest of the part as per the reference picture of LCA. The approach of modeling totally depends on the aircraft . I wouldn't do the same for Su30 , it needs different approach.

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk

Haldiram

Country flag
Some of the old renders of 2013/14 . They also used it in Security scan programme without my consent View attachment 41343View attachment 41344View attachment 41345

Very sorry to hear that. Indian media has absolutely ZERO ethics. They are just like newbie interns on a mission to somehow piece together a presentation so they steal everything they find on the internet without citation. One of my Youtube friends had her videos stolen by a mainstream media house with no citation, and when we tagged them on twitter, they neither acknowledged nor apologized. We sent a creative commons copyright misuse notice, then they acknowledged and added a citation to the original creator.

Please upload your pics on paid stock photo sites like Getty. If someone takes the images from there to use for any commercial project, they have to swipe a credit card and pay you a royalty fee (they are supposed to pay you a one time lumpsum for full ownership or a per-impression fee). If they use the images beyond the license terms, the image hosting site will sue them on your behalf. Don't rely on the non-existent ethics of Indian media. Use proper licenses for your content so don't have to worry about stolen images again.

A lot of my friends are in the VFX field working freelance gigs for the occasional movie and TV serial VFX that comes up. They say that theft of content is the natural order of things here. Follow the habit of licencing even when you work for companies. Once you switch jobs, your previous employer will try to claim his license ownership over your work. Make sure you use proper license to demarcate what is "yours" (done in your own time) and what belongs to your employer which was done in employer-paid time. Otherwise they will write the contract such that everything you create in the duration that you are employed with them will belong to them.

Idhar sabh chor hain saale. Seedhi baat samajh nahi aati. I've had my Quora answers stolen by marketing interns without citation, and we've also had our PHP plugins stolen and hosted on freeware hosting sites. Everyone is constantly nibbling at other people's original work to get by in life. Is it any surprise that all of our Bollywood movies are copies of Hollywood flicks? and all our best selling medicines are formulas stolen from branded pharma companies and converted into generics for mass production. Intellectual property chori karneka culture hi hai apne idhar. Bahut rarely kuch original banta hai.

Last edited:

Kuntal

Country flag
Very sorry to hear that. Indian media has absolutely ZERO ethics. They are just like newbie interns on a mission to somehow piece together a presentation so they steal everything they find on the internet without citation. One of my Youtube friends had her videos stolen by a mainstream media house with no citation, and when we tagged them on twitter, they neither acknowledged nor apologized. We sent a creative commons copyright misuse notice, then they acknowledged and added a citation to the original creator.

Please upload your pics on paid stock photo sites like Getty. If someone takes the images from there to use for any commercial project, they have to swipe a credit card and pay you a royalty fee (they are supposed to pay you a one time lumpsum for full ownership or a per-impression fee). If they use the images beyond the license terms, the image hosting site will sue them on your behalf. Don't rely on the non-existent ethics of Indian media. Use proper licenses for your content so don't have to worry about stolen images again.

A lot of my friends are in the VFX field working freelance gigs for the occasional movie and TV serial VFX that comes up. They say that theft of content is the natural order of things here. Follow the habit of licencing even when you work for companies. Once you switch jobs, your previous employer will try to claim his license ownership over your work. Make sure you use proper license to demarcate what is "yours" (done in your own time) and what belongs to your employer which was done in employer-paid time. Otherwise they will write the contract such that everything you create in the duration that you are employed with them will belong to them.

Idhar sabh chor hain saale. Seedhi baat samajh nahi aati. I've had my Quora answers stolen by marketing interns without citation, and we've also had our PHP plugins stolen and hosted on freeware hosting sites. Everyone is constantly nibbling at other people's original work to get by in life. Is it any surprise that all of our Bollywood movies are copies of Hollywood flicks? and all our best selling medicines are formulas stolen from branded pharma companies and converted into generics for mass production. Intellectual property chori karneka culture hi hai apne idhar. Bahut rarely kuch original banta hai.
Thanks for the information, didn't know about Getty . Yes it's a serious violation of copyright.

Indian media is so pathetic. I've noticed many mainstream Indian Media use Pakistani Jf 17 videos/ images in their programme and claim it to be Tejas. Imagine how embarrassing it is .

Haldiram

Country flag
Thanks for the information, didn't know about Getty . Yes it's a serious violation of copyright.

Indian media is so pathetic. I've noticed many mainstream Indian Media use Pakistani Jf 17 videos/ images in their programme and claim it to be Tejas. Imagine how embarrassing it is .

People wont change their habits, and we can't control the behavior of everyone. Licenses have meaning and violation of licenses have consequences. It is up to us to use them and enforce them.

Check this :

Misuse of Creative Commons-licensed photo leads to public apology

There was another case where a cancer-striken child had asked the Spiderman franchise to use a spiderman photo on his grave after he dies. The franchise refused and took flack from people but their point was correct. Copyrights are as good as you enforce them. If you allow your content to be freely used and distributed, then even the courts cannot restrict its use. One has to send a notice on the first instance of leakage of license terms.

Disney refuses permission for boy's Spiderman headstone 'due to policy started by Walt'

Kuntal

Country flag
@Kuntal This is Getty : https://contributors.gettyimages.com/article_public.aspx?article_id=5812

View attachment 41349

Hindustan Times has started sourcing their images from Getty now. They don't have jholawala photographers running around. They just pay the royalty and use images from Getty. This allows good freelancer photographers to pursue their art and also get paid without having to take a regular 9-to-5 job at any particular media house.
Thanks brother. Just downloaded the contributor app of Getty and shutterstock.

Haldiram

Country flag
Thanks brother. Just downloaded the contributor app of Getty and shutterstock.

You have good talent, please make money out of it. I know freelance photographers who are making a living out of passive income generated from royalties. Sarkar freelancer ko tax discount bhi deti hai (you get 50% tax discount on total income under section 44AD).

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
@Kuntal dude, how I can learn modo?
Do I have to join some online course or training center in India?
Help me in this.
Thankyou

Kuntal

Country flag
@Kuntal dude, how I can learn modo?
Do I have to join some online course or training center in India?
Help me in this.
Thankyou
Modo was not the first software where I learnt modeling . It was a free open source software called Blender where I've learnt the basics. And most of the things I've learnt from youtube. You don't need to join any paid course. You can achieve the same , but if you are completely new to this it will take time to get a fair understanding of how things work here in Modo or any other modeling software. I would suggest you to have patience and try to understand the use of various tools available inside the software. Start from basic tools like move, scale, rotate, extrude, bevel. Modo is the least complex among all the modeling software available in the market.

Here is some software I tried so far before settling in Modo -
Blender ( free )
3ds Max (Industry standard, heaviest among all , and lot of tutorials available in YouTube)
Lightwave
Sketchup

Modo is a product of The Foundry corp. They have a whole ecosystem of VFX based softwares, from modeling to final compositing. Thus it's not a free software like Blender. Hope you understand what I meant .

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Modo was not the first software where I learnt modeling . It was a free open source software called Blender where I've learnt the basics. And most of the things I've learnt from youtube. You don't need to join any paid course. You can achieve the same , but if you are completely new to this it will take time to get a fair understanding of how things work here in Modo or any other modeling software. I would suggest you to have patience and try to understand the use of various tools available inside the software. Start from basic tools like move, scale, rotate, extrude, bevel. Modo is the least complex among all the modeling software available in the market.

Here is some software I tried so far before settling in Modo -
Blender ( free )
3ds Max (Industry standard, heaviest among all , and lot of tutorials available in YouTube)
Lightwave
Sketchup

Modo is a product of The Foundry corp. They have a whole ecosystem of VFX based softwares, from modeling to final compositing. Thus it's not a free software like Blender. Hope you understand what I meant .
So, I have to learn from blender type free softwares for starting and after gaining confidence as well as experience then go and buy modo.
Is it like this?
Thanks for your reply.

Kuntal

Country flag
So, I have to learn from blender type free softwares for starting and after gaining confidence as well as experience then go and buy modo.
Is it like this?
Thanks for your reply.
NO !!
Do this instead. Go to youtube, go through the videos / tutorials of each software I mentioned above, so that you can get an idea of which one may suit you the best. Search " basic modeling in modo " " Basic modeling techniques in 3ds max " or " basic modeliing in Blender . Each of them are very advanced software .
The modelling approach / user interface / shortcuts is different for each software. And that matters in case of at beginner.
The reason I'm saying this , why waste time by downloading each software and try them out in the first instance ! First you should watch videos, then decide. I found Modo to be a less complex software - that doesnt mean it will be easier for you also ! This is the reason why you should watch the video first !

Aashk

Country flag
So, I have to learn from blender type free software for sta will do and after gaining confidence as well as an experience then go and buy modo.
Is it like this?
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for interrupting. I don't see any reason for you going to modo. blender will all most all things you might need even, maybe, better than modo
Blender has plenty of resources for free ,but so it has its own branches of modeling, you need to learn what they call hard-surface modeling

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@Kuntal u should really consider working for DRDO.
Is there any way u can apply for a job at advertisment department of Government defence.
As I have said earlier ur renders are better than any officials versions.
Maybe some officer can Spot the Gem that u are and give u a chance.

Last edited:

Kuntal

Country flag
@Kuntal u should really consider working for DRDO.
Is there any way u can apply for a job at advertisment department of Government defence.
As I have said earlier ur renders are better than any officials versions.
Maybe some officer can Spot the Gem that u are and give u a chance.
[emoji16][emoji16]
Yes I've considered it earlier and currently working on a portfolio so that I can give a good presentation. There is no post though [emoji4]

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Not only RS TV , I've seen my content even in DRDO promo video [emoji23][emoji23]
There are lot of other site too . Earlier I used to post such render without watermark , this is why it spread so much . View attachment 41346

It's sad to see this mate, RStv is one of those channel's that I hold on high regards.

They make thousands from these video but won't pay u a single pennny for content they stole.

I don't know how u feel about it but it would hurt me if someone stole my work without giving any credit.

If u don't mind me asking, do u do this professionally or just a hobby?

Anyway I can promote your work i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc

How do you model contours on aircraft? I have been able to model nearly everything but I can't get aircraft right. Can you make a tutorial or something and post it on YouTube? Only the low-poly base-mesh.

Holy shit u can even make animation?
Made these pics for a blog back in 2018, Akash NG and High Power Radar

This is superb mate.

Do u have a team for this or is it a lone effort?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles