Falkland Islands part deux

trackwhack

Good for you. I appreciate your dedication - but.. are we in a competition!? I'll have to start getting up rather early in the morning to beat you for pedantry if that is the case!
I matched your sarcasm with sarcasm. You added no content and only trolled another member. I pointed it out. You're still sulking.

Verdane

I matched your sarcasm with sarcasm. You added no content and only trolled another member. I pointed it out. You're still sulking.
I'm seriously not... i'm laughing. Chill out. And I didn't troll anyone - I corrected what appeared to be an error or incorrect assertion.

And in fact it was an error - the referendum process was well under way in Scotland when that post was made. It was just details like the wording that were being thrashed out.

Last edited:

trackwhack

I'm seriously not... i'm laughing. Chill out. And I didn't troll anyone - I corrected what appeared to be an error or incorrect assertion.

And in fact it was an error - the referendum process was well under way in Scotland when that post was made. It was just details like the wording that were being thrashed out.

Of course the referendum process was well underway ... And Cameron had a problem with it. Hence the comment. Stop trolling ... again. And go read the papers on the day before the comment was made. And figure out what Cameron said, before you post more shite.

Verdane

Of course the referendum process was well underway ... And Cameron had a problem with it. Hence the comment. Stop trolling ... again. And go read the papers on the day before the comment was made. And figure out what Cameron said, before you post more shite.
You have twice accused me of being a troll as a form of personal attack, which by definition is troll like behaviour. But please continue, I find your efforts to try and goad me into an argument, whilst simultaneously accusing me of trollish behaviour, rather entertaining.

taranraju was accusing Cameron (a man I am loath to find myself defending) as being against self determination - ie having a choice. The fact the referendum process was under way with Cameron's agreement counters this statement. Perhaps if i'd checked the posting date I wouldn't have bothered responding... however I didn't. But that doesn't invalidate what I wrote or make me a troll.

On October 15, 2012, the Edinburgh Agreement was signed by First Minister Alex Salmond and Prime Minister David Cameron. The Agreement ensures that the Scottish Parliament at Holyrood will be able to deliver a referendum that meets the highest standards of fairness, transparency and propriety.

That was a long time before "postgate" & whilst obviously Cameron is opposed to Scottish independence ( as UK prime minister it's his job to oppose the break up of the UK), that's not the same as opposing self determination. In terms of the referendum the only bit I recall him actively opposing was the devo max option that Salmond initially wanted on the voting paper - and that had implications for the whole of the UK which didn't get a vote. Cameron wanted and in out referendum plain and simple.

Now, i understand you are working yourself into a bit of a hissy fit over a perceived slight to your boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever... and I appreciate it's important to you to feel you are winning an argument (probably any argument) but perhaps you would find a nice warm bath more productive.

trackwhack

@Verdane

Your argument is flawed because Cameron made his thoughts on the referendum quite clear whether he agreed in his official capacity or not. hich is what tarun raju pointed out. When you made the comment, I pointed out in the exact tone that you used that the post was relevant. you went on to argue about some other irrelevant topic like me following this thread vehemently and thats when I called you a troll because you displayed classic troll behaviour.

you agreed yourself that you had not noticed the date and you should have just said as much when it was pointed out to you. good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I think the major revelation in this thread is that Argentina rattles the saber over Falklands only when it's need to distract from Argies' domestic economic problems.

Verdane

I think the major revelation in this thread is that Argentina rattles the saber over Falklands only when it's need to distract from Argies' domestic economic problems.

I agree,it is a standard Argentine tactic during periods of internal financial difficulties to distract the populace by ramping up nationalism over the Falklands.

Most of the Argentine government pronouncements related to the Falklands are filled with hyperbole or lack validity; but I can understand why most of the nonsense spouted by the Kirschner government resonates with many Argentines.

Ironically they chose to rip up agreements for the joint exploration and development of the islands resource, an agreement which would have benefited the Argentine economy; since which oil exploration has proceeded without them.

HMS Astute

BBC News - Falklands sovereignty is "non-negotiable", says PM

How much longer can Britain hold on? Is it not so fkn awesome to see these clowns collapse.:lol:

Sidenote : When are we going to make an official claim on all the loot they plundered?

In a few years china will also say the same thing when the han have numerical superiority.
even the chinese people in hong kong prefer stay part of the british oversea territory than being controlled by the chinese communist government lool. let alone the british people live in falklands.

Last edited:

HMS Astute

Argentina, which claims sovereignty over the Falkland Islands, along with Brazil and Uruguay, has enforced blockade barring British vessels from reaching there.

Chevrolet Price, Review, Technical Specifications - ZigWheels.com

Not having an Aircraft Carrier is going to hurt. The South Americans have chosen a good time to test British resolve.

Actually it would be great to see the Argentines attack and take over the island and if the Brits are not able to do anything about it.
there are enough surface to air defence systems stations on several corners of the island. in addition to that, 4x typhoon jets and 1x refuelling aircraft are always patrolling the area. furthermore, at least a trafalgar class nuclear submarine and a type 23 frigate are deployed there. argentina has no chance to make their wet dream becomes reality by using military power. 1x type 45 destroyer alone is capable of destroying the entire argentine air force, and we can also send in our stealth subs to sink their entire navy fleet and also destroy their airports from 2500km range.

Typhoons flying past Mt Alice Radar site in West Falkland Islands

Type 45 Air Defence Destroyer patrolling the Falkland Islands

HMS Astute

Triumph launched 7 TLAMs when she ran out. Argies are shaking in their boots. :laugh:

Libya no-fly zone: British military's enforcement role 'modest' | World news | The Guardian
how funny you're so determined to talk about our contribution in libya when you only spent 1/3 of the amount uk contributed during this war, and your super reliable mighty carrier had to withdraw from the service even in a very limited and short term war like this. why don't you talk about how you always have to beg the uk to borrow the bigass C17 plane whenever you have to deliver your fighting kits to africa? it's funny you like to criticise other people, but can't see yourself.

French Carrier Out of Action

French Carrier Out of Action - WSJ

The RN had a hard time firing a handful at Libya. I doubt Argentina would be worried at the same show of force.
do you even know the current state of the argentine navy and air force? their ships are frequently sinking in their dock due to inadequate maintenance.

All the Argies have to do is shutdown MPA and it is over for the British.
pathetic opinion. no further comment.

If the Argies launch a suprise attack the sub won't likely find the ships, the attacking ships can fire guns at MPA to shut down the runway while they launch air raids. There are no ASMs except on the 42 which will likely be shored up. Wiped out they can begin amphibous operations before the Brits respond. If you bring in a 45 and SSNs later, it is already too late as they don't have the amphibious capability to retake it.
as already mentioned several times in this thread that typhoon jets always patrol the area and there are at least 1x or 2x type 23 frigates on deployment. you're not only wrong about the amphibious capability, but utterly clueless about what you're saying. royal navy has more assault ships, landing ships, transport docks, helicopter carriers, sea lifts, supply and support ships than your french navy. let alone the comparison of total tonnages lol. rfa fleet alone has many more ships which are significantly bigger than what french navy got.

Royal Fleet Auxiliary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not exactly a hard time, but their stocks were running low. In any case, if Argentina wants to settle this issue militarily it better to it earlier...
we just bought additional 65x of them a few weeks ago (18th, July 2014) and we can easily get more if necessary and in emergency situation. doubt it would be required against argentine anyway.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
If we want to seriously troll the Brits, just supply a few dozen Brahmos missiles to Argentina, along with relevant radars. Those type 45 destroyers and type 23 frigates will go nowhere near the area. Royal auxiliary fleet will go nowhere near the continent.

Argentina and Falklands aren't our concern. But we can use arms supplies to Argentima as a bargaining chip if Brits get too chummy with pakis, either economically or militarily. The labour party's outright anti India policies along with significant islamist infiltration are serious concerns if they come back to power.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles