Facebook

Country flag
All members who are also on facebook are encouraged to utilize our facebook access bar at the top (fconnect).

DFI has two main facebook pages.One is a group page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109969225705265

and the other is homepage:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000995780507

If members are part of the group page and not members of the homepage, join the homepage.
Also if you have friends who are interested in Defence,armed forces,political issues suggest our DFI homepage and our forum to them.

Ironduke

Online forums nowadays face the challenge of competition with web 2.0 platforms - integrating, utilizing, and promoting the DFI community via Facebook is a great way to maintain and grow that online community, and expand the exposure of DFI to an audience that would otherwise get to know this forum.

SHASH2K2

Why dont we add option of like as we have in FB. once a person likes a thread it should automatically post to his friends wall. Its a good option to have. :D

Country flag
This is not spamming if we are getting referrals from members. We are not sending out mass advertisies.

Oracle

Referrals to join DFI, advertising via FB is okay. What I'm talking about are links of threads being posted of the walls of contacts in friend-list. That sure is spamming if I am not wrong.

Country flag
Referrals to join DFI, advertising via FB is okay. What I'm talking about are links of threads being posted of the walls of contacts in friend-list. That sure is spamming if I am not wrong.
this would be difficult to do, members can possibly post replies or have them appear in their own walls???

Oracle

/\/\/\ Yes, that is what I was talking about.

SHASH2K2

I am already doing so with 4k strong friends list in FB (thanks to my love for MW earlier ). I am also promoting defence videos using FB . One video or thread on each day by even 25 % of active members will just do wonders. We share funny videos and photos in FB then why not defense forum discussions and videos ?

Country flag
yes SHASH I see your posts regularly, we need more members to do the same.

Oracle

I was talking about this picture attached. That wont be spamming.
View attachment 3530
You did not get my point. That picture of DFI's post on your wall is very much okay. But imagine DFI to be tweaked in such a way, that every contact in your FB profile gets it in his wall, that would be spamming.

SHASH2K2

You did not get my point. That picture of DFI's post on your wall is very much okay. But imagine DFI to be tweaked in such a way, that every contact in your FB profile gets it in his wall, that would be spamming.
Its not a picture thats in my wall . Its a link that I liked . you can like or dislike a video on youtube and that will be posted in your profile . If thats spamming then everyone is doing it . Though I agree DFI group in FB should not indulge in it . but if we post 2-3 links for videos or thread in a day it will not be spamming . in order to get noticed as a spammer you need to keep on posting a lot of links or videos . 2-3 in a day doesnt matter. If thats the case 50 % of FB users will be banned because they all use some kind of links and videos on daily basis .

plugwater

Shash, What oracle saying is you can do whatever you want in your profile or wall but posting all the links and videos in all your friends wall is spamming. You are confusing with news feed and wall i think.

Oracle

Shash, What oracle saying is you can do whatever you want in your profile or wall but posting all the links and videos in all your friends wall is spamming. You are confusing with news feed and wall i think.
Thank you very much! Appreciated!

SHASH2K2

Manc and Oracle I never said about personally going to my friends wall and posting links and videos manually . I am too lazy to do it . All I referred to was news feed. Wall that I referred to was my wall and it was showing updates done by me . That doesn't mean I manually posted it on other person's wall. If a person post something in news feed it will go to all my friends news feed . Right ?

plugwater

Manc and Oracle I never said about personally going to my friends wall and posting links and videos manually . I am too lazy to do it . All I referred to was news feed. Wall that I referred to was my wall and it was showing updates done by me . That doesn't mean I manually posted it on other person's wall. If a person post something in news feed it will go to all my friends news feed . Right ?
Why dont we add option of like as we have in FB. once a person likes a thread it should automatically post to his friends wall. Its a good option to have. :D
You posted this in page 1. That is spamming.
Once a person likes something in FB means it ll come in news feed, Nothing wrong in that. What oracle considered spamming is posting in others wall.

SHASH2K2

You posted this in page 1. That is spamming.
Once a person likes something in FB means it ll come in news feed, Nothing wrong in that. What oracle considered spamming is posting in others wall.
All I talked was about news feed . I apologize to you and all for the confusion .:yield:

Oracle

:ranger::drum::hippie::ka:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles