Face to face, listen boss's shouting for 1 hour

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
This time he shout to me, is not because I have failed to achieve anything. We have do the business as he designed business model for one year, and it just doesn't work, I studied it carefully and found it will be very diffuclt to benefit if we continued. I drafted a report for several days to point out how to optimize it, it just make him furious. He is the COO and I'm a middle manager.
My impression, maybe wrong, is that Asian people are normally very patient and polite, but past a certain point can be uncontrollably abusive. That your boss persisted for an hour tells me he has poor judgement as well as poor self-control.

I would like to think that some day you will have his job.

opesys

Face to face, listen the boss shouting for 1 hour. Do you have any bad career experience worse than me? Please tell me, so that let me feel a little better. :lol:
I had to face an evil manager once. I felt totally demotivated, It was an horror. I couldn't sleep at night :D After like three to six months of facing it, analyzing it, seeking advice and what not, I realized I was at the wrong place. I stayed there for an year more, I learnt as much as possible, made a king size resume and finally left the company. There was no point going against him, life's too precious to go after someone or live at someone's mercy. It was an eye opener for me. There are a lot of nice people in this world. From that day I made sure my knowledge and skills are up-to the mark. Today I feel I can get a job easily anywhere. It has given me a great amount of confidence.Trust me with confidence comes peace of mind :D

Last edited:

average american

I use to sell Time Shares,,, and also at one time sold Jim Walter homes,, have been thru 1000s of sales meetings like that. I learned a lot from the TimeShare Manger he was an old Pro from New York,,, Yankee, they are born abusive. Best I can tell India culture avoids confrontations, hs to do with large familys, tribes, etc. I have seen Muslims families actual lie to one another when every body knew they were lieing just to avoid a confrontation.,.....I would suggest you develope a thicker skin and just take the abuse and learn from it if you can, or quit if you cant. I use to find it rather amusing, but dont smile that really ticks them off. With Jim Walter Homes if they did not sell a house the manager had to work that weekend, no extra pay, they really did not like that.

Last edited:

mki

Face to face, listen the boss shouting for 1 hour. Do you have any bad career experience worse than me? Please tell me, so that let me feel a little better. :lol:
It happened to me as well. take my advise, be a sweet knife. take all the garbage he throw at you. sum it, and wait for final decisive moment.

like me. i took all the garbage for like 3 years. and when i found a best opportunity ( I found better and bigger employer, who is competitor ). I resigned in so tight scheduled, that i am dam sure he will face so much difficulty at least 3 months after i left. I took all the work load, I made best relations with customers and increased the business. Plus i increased the expectation of my customers from this company. I am sure, after i left he will have so much hard time to fulfill that level of service, and his desk will full of compliance, and at last i can get by customer under my umbrella in new company. It will be win win situation.

one more thing, never say extreme or angry words to your boss. there are always 2 ways to reach the destination. one is direct other is indirect (sarcasm ).

remember one thing...

Never walk behind the donkey and ahead of your boss, both have habit to kick.

RedDragon

Thank you, my Indian friends. "Never walk behind the donkey and ahead of your boss, both have habit to kick. " This old Indian saying I will remember forever.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I think you should go postal.

RedDragon

Some upgrade. Several days later, I decide to talk to him again. Because I think I have the responsibility for my team, my company and myself. I take this position, I should make the job done.
To my suprise, this time it works very well, perhaps he also rethink it in these days, we apologized to each other (I'm also quite emotional that day, and he apologized first), we discussed the methodology again and decide we should make some change in this new year. Several days later, I get some promotion.
I also rethink my behavior that day, perhaps if I can raise the report in a more craft way, and not that emotional when he refused my suggestion, perhaps the problem will be resolved much earlier, and it will be good for both of us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles