F-Insas Rifle Design Clears Audit, To Go Into Production From Jan 2012

bhramos

Country flag

The defence ministry may no longer have to search for an advanced rifle to arm the Indian infantry soldier of the future under the F-Insas project. Rifle Factory Ishapore (RFI) claims to have come up with an advanced variant of the existing 5.56 mm Insas rifle that will go into production from January, 2012. "The rifle is an extremely modern weapon that will meet with the requirements of the future infantryman. Our designs have already cleared the audit and production is expected to start from January," a source said. RFI has already manufactured over a million Insas rifles for distribution among security personnel in India. The Insas was first introduced before the Kargil war and several variants have since been developed. When the Future Infantry Soldier as System (F-Insas) project was launched by the defence ministry, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) got together to develop weapons for the soldier of the future. more and from F-Insas Rifle Design Clears Audit, To Go Into Production From Jan 2012 | idrw.org

Last edited:

debasree

Country flag
then why army looking for foreign replacement for its insas rifle ,any information please.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This gun made my day, thanks brahmos. This just looks like pure sex, looks awesome.

What is the barrel on the top of the gun barrel? Is it just a rail or a laser pointer?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I think another design was shown. Anyway this too looks sexy. Please post the specifications of the GUN......

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Kunal Sir, the pic is legit?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This gun made my day, thanks brahmos. This just looks like pure sex, looks awesome.

What is the barrel on the top of the gun barrel? Is it just a rail or a laser pointer?
That is the pic i took of SAR-21..

This is FINSAS rifle, The version you see in the pic is demonstration model, production model will be more tuned up..

Btw, Thnx Bhramos, you remind me abt DEFEXPO 2010, I will get more pics this time..

Patriot

Country flag

This seems to me PDC: Pre-discharge Chamber. More info in this LINK

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Assuming the Final Product may look like FN-2000..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The clear transparent make me think this the original F-INSAS, for a moment i thought this was the SA-80?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well just as i thought, it was too good to be put together by a retarded indian in a government job. lol.. This is indeed the SAR-21...

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Can anyone get the real pic of the GUN ?

Is it possible to get the pic out in a forum ?

bhramos

Country flag
That is the pic i took of SAR-21..

This is FINSAS rifle, The version you see in the pic is demonstration model, production model will be more tuned up..

Btw, Thnx Bhramos, you remind me abt DEFEXPO 2010, I will get more pics this time..
sorry sir for using your pic, i got no pics available, you have got a great collection.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its all fine, I made this one only yesterday..

The original cut was lost or erased, Hence a new one..

Btw, I like that pic, Almost forgot abt it..

bhramos

Country flag
Its all fine, I made this one only yesterday..

The original cut was lost or erased, Hence a new one..

Btw, I like that pic, Almost forgot abt it..
yeah i got your Imageshack account, and saw your collection is good.

hitesh

golden rule -never expect OFB to produce a gun that is to be called world class ,never mind what ever they claim it to be

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles