F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
"There are reports circulating that the U.S. Air Force is considering major cuts to its planned procurement of 1,760 F-35As. This would be a colossal blunder. The F-35 is too good for the Air Force (as well as the Navy and Marine Corps) to not acquire their full allotment. If anything, the Air Force should increase its annual procurements to more rapidly improve its warfighting capabilities and lower unit costs."

https://www.realcleardefense.com/ar...ail&utm_term=0_694f73a8dc-537b726f8c-85340453

:pound::laugh::pound::rofl:

StealthFlanker

Country flag

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Critics and Fans of the F-35 are both missing something with the USAF announcement of the F-15X and the Israeli buy of new F-15s....

Critics and Fans of the F-35 are both missing something with the latest announcements.

The USAF approached Boeing two years ago to develop the F-15X. We got word earlier this year and it proved to be true that the Israelis would buy new F-15s instead of additional F-35s.

I'd shout to the rooftops about the F-35 being replaced by the F-15 in aerial combat but something is telling me that we're missing a part of this story.

I don't know what it is but my spidey senses are tingling.

Unless they've actually committed fraud (not putting it past the MIC but many could be held liable if they did) then the numbers put out by the Pentagon, Lockheed Martin and the JSF Program Office don't support the buy of additional F-15's by the USAF.

Even upgrades are of questionable value if we're to believe the press releases.

The F-15's in question are single seaters. No WSO in the back to help the fight. The payload between the two planes damn near mirror each other (well the F-15 is cleared to carry a wider variety of ordnance) and the range is supposedly similar.

Cost is supposedly in the F-35's favor and if the goal is maintenance then the USAF necking down to the one fighter/attack plane will bring savings that should be formidable. Call it another mythical feather in the F-35's camp.

So why the approach to Boeing about the F-15X?

My guess?

None. This makes no sense across the board. I can understand the Israeli buy of the CH-47 and V-22. I can get the KC-767 (although I floated the idea of them doing it cheaper inhouse).

I don't get why the USAF and Israel are suddenly huge fans of the F-15. Anyone have a theory?

https://www.snafu-solomon.com/2018/07/critics-and-fans-of-f-35-are-both.html

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
USAF approached Boeing about building the F-15X...another sign of the F-35 off ramp!

via The War Zone.
Last week, the aerospace-defense community was overwhelmingly intrigued by a report from Defenseone.com that said Boeing was pitching a new variant of its 45-year-old F-15 Eagle line of fighters to the United States Air Force. Still, next to nothing is known about this initiative, including where it came from and what it entails exactly. Although it has been framed as a Boeing solicitation to the USAF, the opposite is actually true—the USAF began the discussion over a year and a half ago. Since then, ongoing talks have been kept incredibly hush-hush, along with the details of the aircraft involved—until now. Story here.

READ THE WHOLE THING!!!!

As usual the article goes to great lengths to prop up the F-35 but like I said. Read the damn thing! It's beyond obvious that this USAF initiative is an off ramp.

Additionally its an effort to put the USAF back into the fighter business in a big way...or more specifically into the "killing the enemy airforce" business!

It also signals that the Missile Truck concept is alive and well. Check this out from the same article...
With the help of the company's new AMBER missile carrying racks, the F-15X will be able to carry a whopping 22 air-to-air missiles during a single sortie. Alternatively, it could fly with eight air-to-air missiles and 28 Small Diameter Bombs (SDBs), or up to seven 2,000lb bombs and eight air-to-air missiles. We are talking crazy weapons hauling capabilities here. Keep in mind that the F-15C/D Eagle can carry eight air-to-air missiles currently, and the penultimate Eagle variant that is currently being built, the F-15SA, can carry a dozen.My prediction?

This ain't about the F-15X teaming with the F-35. This is about the F-15X teaming with the F-22!

The F-22 will quarterback future fights with the F-15X being the bull running back that bowls over the enemy with long distance missile strikes, while the F-22 maps out new targets.

Another prediction?

When the F-15X goes up loaded with 22 air to air missiles it'll still be able to knock down ground targets of interest. If they can make an SM-6 capable of hitting ships then doing the same with the AIM-120D shouldn't be beyond the realm of possibilities.

It took long to get here but I'm pleased.

Our allies might be screwed with the F-35A. The USMC and Royal Navy (and others that come on board) might be satisfied with the F-35 operating off LHDs. The US Navy might still be playing nice with the F-35C even though everyone knows they're all in with the Super Hornet.

The fiction wit the F-35 will continue but the truth is finally coming out.

It took too long but the USAF is finally serious about winning the air war again....and that new plan doesn't include the F-35 in any meaningful way...

StealthFlanker

Country flag
It's just that you were blind for weeks about the AESA/PESA RBE antenna.... Now I think it's crystal clear for you.
No, on the contrary, you still don't understand that there are massive differences between AESA and PESA, that no amount of marketing buzzwords can change, they aren't just different in the antenna alone but also LNA, HPA, TWT..etc

StealthFlanker

Country flag
Critics and Fans of the F-35 are both missing something with the USAF announcement of the F-15X and the Israeli buy of new F-15s....
Critics and Fans of the F-35 are both missing something with the latest announcements.
The USAF approached Boeing two years ago to develop the F-15X. We got word earlier this year and it proved to be true that the Israelis would buy new F-15s instead of additional F-35s.

I'd shout to the rooftops about the F-35 being replaced by the F-15 in aerial combat but something is telling me that we're missing a part of this story.

I don't know what it is but my spidey senses are tingling.

Unless they've actually committed fraud (not putting it past the MIC but many could be held liable if they did) then the numbers put out by the Pentagon, Lockheed Martin and the JSF Program Office don't support the buy of additional F-15's by the USAF.

Even upgrades are of questionable value if we're to believe the press releases.

The F-15's in question are single seaters. No WSO in the back to help the fight. The payload between the two planes damn near mirror each other (well the F-15 is cleared to carry a wider variety of ordnance) and the range is supposedly similar.

Cost is supposedly in the F-35's favor and if the goal is maintenance then the USAF necking down to the one fighter/attack plane will bring savings that should be formidable. Call it another mythical feather in the F-35's camp.

So why the approach to Boeing about the F-15X?

My guess?

None. This makes no sense across the board. I can understand the Israeli buy of the CH-47 and V-22. I can get the KC-767 (although I floated the idea of them doing it cheaper inhouse).

I don't get why the USAF and Israel are suddenly huge fans of the F-15. Anyone have a theory?
Nice try, but as usual, you are wrong, USAF aren't suddenly fan of the F-15X, on the contrary, it just their effort to modernize existing F-15 to served as missile truck. The number of purchased F-15 and F-35 reflect that. Similarly, Israrel actually, buy very small number of F-15E ( not F-15C) to served as long range strike aircraft. Just because they buy some F-15 doesn't mean they don't want F-35, your argument is as idiotic as saying because USAF modernize the B-52, that means they no longer want the B-21. That simply idiotic

It also signals that the Missile Truck concept is alive and well. Check this out from the same article...
With the help of the company's new AMBER missile carrying racks, the F-15X will be able to carry a whopping 22 air-to-air missiles during a single sortie.
Bar the F-16, all USA aircraft can carry a massive number of AAM if need to, with external configuration F-35 can carry 16 AAM

USAF approached Boeing about building the F-15X...another sign of the F-35 off ramp!
It took too long but the USAF is finally serious about winning the air war again....and that new plan doesn't include the F-35 in any meaningful way...
Oh yeah that why they going to purchase nearly 2000 F-35, how many fictional F-15X will they buy again? Funny that this is the first time such thing happens when Boeing pitch their F-15SE nearly a decade ago the same rumor that F-35 will be replaced by F-15SE were spread by fanboy everwhere, so tell me how many F-15SE do you see flying today? oh or how about the F-18ASH the so called killer of F-35 program ? how many were purchased ?

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
No, on the contrary, you still don't understand that there are massive differences between AESA and PESA, that no amount of marketing buzzwords can change, they aren't just different in the antenna alone but also LNA, HPA, TWT..etc
if even Thales can not make you change your mind, it's hell for you.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
F-35 is simply Result of our Dedication towards improving our lives with help of Technology. forget F-22, even mid tear F-35 is better than anything China, Russia or any other country can produce, it is the testament of Greatness or North American White Race.
You are a big fool my dear. :doh:

The better thing you have to do is to take a weapon a shoot yourself in your small head. :shoot:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
how many fictional F-15X will they buy again? Funny that this is the first time such thing happens when Boeing pitch their F-15SE nearly a decade ago the same rumor that F-35 will be replaced by F-15SE were spread by fanboy everwhere, so tell me how many F-15SE do you see flying today? oh or how about the F-18ASH the so called killer of F-35 program ? how many were purchased ?
Israel is expected to make a decision over the purchase of a squadron of an upgraded version of the F-15 Fighter aircraft, The Times of Israel reported on 28 July.

The Israeli Air Force would receive newest F-15 fighter jets as part of the largest-ever acquisition in an $11 billion deal.

The deal appears set to include a squadron of F-15 fighter jets with upgraded stealth features

https://defence-blog.com/aviation/israel-expected-buy-upgraded-version-f-15-fighter-aircraft.html

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Same news, in french (a nice occasion to learn some french...)

Israël préfère de nouveaux F-15 aux F-35 !

Israël prépare l’achat de nouveaux chasseurs F-15 pour ses forces aériennes dans le cadre du plus grand contrat de défense de l'histoire du pays. Je vous l’annonçais depuis un certain temps, l’Etat hébreu est entré en négociation avec le Boeing et le nouveau gouvernement américain pour l’achat d’au moins un escadron de Boeing F-15 « Silent Eagle » afin de venir combler, d’une part le vieillissement des F-15 les plus anciens, mais également de combler le faible nombre de F-35 qui seront finalement achetés.

Achat pour 11 milliards de dollars :

L'accord avec le constructeur aéronautique Boeing, d'une valeur combinée de 11 milliards de dollars, comprendra vraisemblablement trois composantes principales: une flotte d'avions de combat, une flotte d'hélicoptères de transport et des ravitailleurs aériens. Ces deux derniers composants sont particulièrement critiques car les hélicoptères de transport et les avions de ravitaillement existants de l'armée de l'air israélienne sont extrêmement obsolètes et doivent être remplacés immédiatement.

L'accord devrait être étalé sur une période d'environ 10 ans, à partir du moment où l'accord est signé et jusqu'à ce que le dernier avion soit livré à Israël. Le ministère de la Défense et l'armée israélienne travaillent depuis longtemps pour conclure cet accord. Le point principal du débat a porté sur la question de savoir si l'achat de chaque composant d'un fabricant différent ou les trois de la même entreprise qui, finalement, est venu avec de meilleures conditions de paiement, d'approvisionnement et de maintenance.

Jusqu'à récemment, la H'eil Ha'Avir Ha'Israelipensait que le F-35 serait le dernier avion de chasse habité qu'Israël achèterait, à la fois pour préserver l'avantage qualitatif de l'armée de l'air sur les autres pays de la région et pour minimiser les types d'avions et maximiser la baisse des dépenses opérationnelles. Cependant, il y a eu un changement de politique et maintenant le plan est d'acheter un autre escadron de F-15 avancés, dans le cadre de l'accord global avec Boeing.

IAF-15 Israël Advanced :

On apprend notamment que le futur F-15 sera développé à partir du prototype du F-15 « Silent Eagle » et emportera en plus des systèmes de fabrication israélienne. L’avion sera complètement nouveau et sera connu comme l'IAF-15, soit un acronyme pour Israël Advanced.

Le futur IAF-15 du F-15 «Silent Eagle » qui dispose d’une amélioration de la furtivité des revêtements et la signature de l'avion, qui est due, au montage de trappes qui permettent le transport des armes en interne (CFTS). La particularité résident dans le fait qu’il possible en fonction de la mission de choisir entre le transport en interne ou de revenir au transport traditionnelle, emport de carburant et armes en externes.

Le «Silent Eagle» est capable de transporter en interne l’ensemble des missiles air-air, tels que des missiles AIM-9X et AIM-120 et air-sol, des armes telles que le Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) et Small Diameter Bomb (SDB). Le niveau de charge des armes utilisées sur les versions actuelles des F-15 reste le même avec l’installation du CFTS.

Une autre amélioration est l'aérodynamique Digital Flight Control System, qui améliore la fiabilité de l'avion et réduit le poids de la cellule. L’adoption d’une peinture absorbante sur l’ensemble de la cellule contribue également à la diminution de la signature radar.

Un nouveau système de guerre électronique Digital Electronic Warfare System (DEWS) qui travaille de concert avec le radar Raytheon Electronic Scanning Array (AESA) permet une optimisation des différents capteurs et senseurs.

Les autres améliorations et équipements en provenance d’Israël ne sont pour l’heure pas connu.

Photos : 1 F-15 israélien@ IAF 2 Le F-15 Silent Eagle @ Boeing

http://psk.blog.24heures.ch/archive/2018/07/28/israel-prefere-de-nouveaux-f-15-aux-f-35-866031.html

StealthFlanker

Country flag
if even Thales can not make you change your mind, it's hell for you.
Actually, not even Thales claimed that AESA and PESA are the same, they only claimed the new radar can be "plug and play" which is very different from what you claimed. For example: You can removed a AIM-9 from missiles rail then replaced it with AIM-120, effectively "plug and play" but that doesn't mean the two missiles are the same.

so the best source you can find is apparently from 2 blog???? and for your information, the F-15 that Israel purchase don't have any stealth measure, none at all

Last edited:

Immanuel

Country flag
another bad weather on the F35 program.

http://www.opex360.com/2018/07/27/litalie-baisser-depenses-militaires-2019/

"La commande de 90 avions F-35 (en version A et B) devra ainsi être réévaluée " = "The order of 90 F-35 aircraft (in version A and B) will have to be reevaluated"
The US has a roughly 25-30 billion deficit with Italy on trade, their defense budget is under 2% and they need to increase this. One way of addressing both problems is for Italy to buy the F-35 which will not only keep the Trump admin happy but also brings their trade more into balance. The current Government is more likely to align with Trump admin. So while we might see a small cut (the chance is very low), the most likely outcome for deliveries to be spread out over a longer period of time for the same number.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles