F-18 Advanced Super Hornet

Jameson Emoni

It is a heavy aircraft with no useful load taking off from a ramp.
It makes quite a bit of sense for Indian navy's aviation wing to have EW capabilities. I am mainly interested in EA-18-G. Boeing claims that they can take off from a STOBAR carrier. Also, they can fly from Indian navy's airbases in A&N to counter radars in the vicinity.

LCA-N is not ready or else that would have been the perfect choice for Vikrant. In the meantime, India has to find a suitable aircraft to put on Vikrant. Eurofighter is out of picture. Britain/Germany can sell those to Khalistan navy. Rafale cannot fly from Vikrant. So that crosses out Rafale. This leaves Mig-29-K and EA/F-18 in the race.

I think at the very least Indian navy should consider EA-18-G for one of its airbases on A&N islands.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
It makes quite a bit of sense for Indian navy's aviation wing to have EW capabilities. I am mainly interested in EA-18-G. Boeing claims that they can take off from a STOBAR carrier. Also, they can fly from Indian navy's airbases in A&N to counter radars in the vicinity.
Main use of Growler is not EW. It is made for electronic warfare.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Another thing with Growler, with the development and integrat of its Next Generation Jammer (NGJ) it is said that it will have an additional capability to inject virus into the computers of the enemy, especially computers controlling integrated air defense networks.

U.S. Navy airborne warfare experts are moving forward with a plan to upgrade the EA-18G Growler electronic warfare (EW) aircraft with new state-of-the-art electronic jammers to suppress and inject computer viruses into enemy digital radar and communications systems.
https://www.intelligent-aerospace.c...act-to-build-airborne-electronic-warfare-pods

Jameson Emoni

for some dreamers that think frame life of SH18 is natively 18000 hours...

"Under the terms of the contract modification, Boeing will extend the operational service life from 6,000 flight hours to 10,000 flight hours of up to 23 F/A-18E/F aircraft."

https://defence-blog.com/news/penta...nd-super-hornet-operational-service-life.html
First priority should of course always be given to Indian weapons. The second priority should always be given to US weapons. France, Russia, etc. should be given third priority.

abhay rajput

Country flag
First priority should of course always be given to Indian weapons. The second priority should always be given to US weapons. France, Russia, etc. should be given third priority.
No USA shouldn't be given priority over France, Russia etc. Especially in defence sectors. We should give priority to usa on civilian sectors but not defence. They use that to threaten sanctions .do you know that ins jalashawa can't be used in war.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No USA shouldn't be given priority over France, Russia etc. Especially in defence sectors. We should give priority to usa on civilian sectors but not defence. They use that to threaten sanctions .do you know that ins jalashawa can't be used in war.

I cannot understand Indian thinking. US by far outstrips France and Russia, even China which is closer to India geographically, in trade with India. India has the biggest trade surplus with the US. In other words the US is contributing a lot, more than any other country, to India's economic rise. The US is also a democracy like India. And need I say that most Indians prefer to migrate to the US than any other country and thst Indian migrants in the US now occupy some of the highest positions in power in both Government and most powerful US companies? This should put India in the best position to influence the US politically.

India should learn from the Israeli lobby in the US which is phenomenal to say the least. I mean the tail can really wag the dog.

What most Indians should realize is that we're no longer in 70's. The US is ready, willing and itching for a closer relations with India politically and militarily. India should take advantage of it.

abhay rajput

Country flag
I cannot understand Indian thinking. US by far outstrips France and Russia, even China which is closer to India geographically, in trade with India. India has the biggest trade surplus with the US. In other words the US is contributing a lot, more than any other country, to India's economic rise. The US is also a democracy like India. And need I say that most Indians prefer to migrate to the US than any other country and thst Indian migrants in the US now occupy some of the highest positions in power in both Government and most powerful US companies? This should put India in the best position to influence the US politically.

India should learn from the Israeli lobby in the US which is phenomenal to say the least. I mean the tail can really wag the dog.

What most Indians should realize is that we're no longer in 70's. The US is ready, willing and itching for a closer relations with India politically and militarily. India should take advantage of it.
USA is nobody's friend . USA look for vessel like UK. You need us for China , we need you for China that's it. Only this interest is aligned. The problem is your country is not trustable. Thats why I said USA should given preference in civilian trade but not defence trade. USA should be the last option in defence trade. We really have no interest in any other country other our neighborhood. Relationship like Iran , Russia , Venezuela , which country is next.? (We have no problem with these countries) You see the problem . We had a huge trade deficit with China , yet we don't let these issues escalate when something happened on border. Even today Chinese runs 40 Billion dollars. You sell equipment and you will get huge leverage against us and then probably we couldn't resist your pressure of s400. Don't bring democracy in this please , we all know how much democratic foreign policy of USA is..! Caatsa was the last nail in the coffin. Why would we want close relationship with a country which threaten to sanctions us..? Lmao and lastly we have no problem with USA too !

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
USA is nobody's friend . USA look for vessel like UK. You need us for China , we need you for China that's it. Only this interest is aligned. The problem is your country is not trustable. Thats why I said USA should given preference in civilian trade but not defence trade. USA should be the last option in defence trade. We really have no interest in any other country other our neighborhood. Relationship like Iran , Russia , Venezuela , which country is next.? (We have no problem with these countries) You see the problem . We had a huge trade deficit with China , yet we don't let these issues escalate when something happened on border. Even today Chinese runs 40 Billion dollars. You sell equipment and you will get huge leverage against us and then probably we couldn't resist your pressure of s400. Don't bring democracy in this please , we all know how much democratic foreign policy of USA is..! Caatsa was the last nail in the coffin. Why would we want close relationship with a country which threaten to sanctions us..? Lmao and lastly we have no problem with USA too !
Please wake up. There are no real "friends" in international relations only aligned interests. And of all the major powers the US is the one that India is most aligned with in practically every way. It is also the country that is the most benificial to India in its quest for economic growth.

You think Russia is trustworthy? It is selling the same S-400 missile to your enemy that it sells to you. It is supplying China the most advanced version of your Su30 fighter. It is also selling more and more sophisticated weapons to Pakistan. And in economic sphere, Russia is a shithole! I cannot understand Indian fascination with has been Russia.

So nobody is really worthy of trust in international relations. You known why? Because every country is looking after its interest first and everybody else a distance second. So what counts? Strategic interests.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Please wake up. There are no real "friends" in international relations only aligned interests. And of all the major powers the US is the one that India is most aligned with in practically every way. It is also the country that is the most benificial to India in its quest for economic growth.

You think Russia is trustworthy? It is selling the same S-400 missile to your enemy that it sells to you. It is supplying China the most advanced version of your Su30 fighter. It is also selling more and more sophisticated weapons to Pakistan. And in economic sphere, Russia is a shithole! I cannot understand Indian fascination with has been Russia.

So nobody is really worthy of trust in international relations. You known why? Because every country is looking after its interest first and everybody else a distance second. So what counts? Strategic interests.
Haha .. you didn't counter any of my point and created your own story. I never said we should be dependent on Russia or USA. Can I ask you one question if China is enemy then why not India do anything about billion of dollars of trade deficit with China..? At least Russia doesn't threaten with sanctions. Which thing Russia sold to Pakistan ,I mean which sophisticated weapons you are talking about..?
The best weapons Pakistan has is of American origin and the best weapon we have is of Russian origin. I think that's pretty much sums up. Chinese story is different.. and moreover I have never said Russia is Saint . The only problem is that you think USA is Saint . you really are delusional if you believe India and USA interest are align other than China. I think you are overestimating usa importance to indians. For majority of indians Russians or USA it doesn't matter to them . finally don't think that a choice between USA and Russia can be made by India. Russia would always be a valuable partner of India. I mean look at Russia India defence trade-
S400, frigates, ak203, 21 mig29 , 18 su30mki nuclear submarine, igla Sam, ka226, mi17v5, t90, ka31
Now look at us India defence trade-
C17,c130, Chinook , p8 , Apache, ASW helicopter.
You can draw your own conclusions from this.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Haha .. you didn't counter any of my point and created your own story. I never said we should be dependent on Russia or USA. Can I ask you one question if China is enemy then why not India do anything about billion of dollars of trade deficit with China..? At least Russia doesn't threaten with sanctions. Which thing Russia sold to Pakistan ,I mean which sophisticated weapons you are talking about..?
The best weapons Pakistan has is of American origin and the best weapon we have is of Russian origin. I think that's pretty much sums up. Chinese story is different.. and moreover I have never said Russia is Saint . The only problem is that you think USA is Saint . you really are delusional if you believe India and USA interest are align other than China. I think you are overestimating usa importance to indians. For majority of indians Russians or USA it doesn't matter to them . finally don't think that a choice between USA and Russia can be made by India. Russia would always be a valuable partner of India. I mean look at Russia India defence trade-
S400, frigates, ak203, 21 mig29 , 18 su30mki nuclear submarine, igla Sam, ka226, mi17v5, t90, ka31
We're going in circles here. Anyway, when it comes to Conventional or short take off aircraft for carriers the Super Hornet is the biggest bang for the buck among 4.5th gen fighters. Coupled with Growler it's going to add a formidable punching force to any navy.

Indrajit

Country flag
It doesn’t really matter what has happened in the past, we now face pressure from the US to reduce the trade deficit . One easy way would be to buy military equipment which we are planning to anyways. Along with additional P8’s, the SH is something that will be under consideration. It won’t be Russia that will be affected, not like India was planning to buy additional Russian planes. The choice would be between the French and the US, the French already having got a piece of the pie, the US looks like the beneficiary this time around.

abhay rajput

Country flag
It doesn’t really matter what has happened in the past, we now face pressure from the US to reduce the trade deficit . One easy way would be to buy military equipment which we are planning to anyways. Along with additional P8’s, the SH is something that will be under consideration. It won’t be Russia that will be affected, not like India was planning to buy additional Russian planes. The choice would be between the French and the US, the French already having got a piece of the pie, the US looks like the beneficiary this time around.
It's not as simple as that.. cough cough.. ins jalashawa . USA weapons comes with its terms & conditions. There are other ways to reduce trade deficit. More cooperation in bilateral trade but not defence sector. If USA sanctions , those fancy equipments will be useless. Seaking during Kargil war were useless without spares , my father told me that after sanctions those seaking only flew for 72 hours . They need to cannibalize other helicopter to make the fleet a little bit airworthy. Thats one of the reason our defence forces and bureaucracy didn't buy much important stuff from USA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles