Experts tell PM, Drop "No First Use Nuke Posture"

bose

Country flag
Walk saliently but with a long stick !!

No need to jump up and down on nuke capability... work silently in MIRV / MARV intercontinental missiles with lunch capabilities from SSBN's...

Too much nuke boasting will give a negative image ...

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Question to the so called 'experts' who asked the PM to drop the 'No first use' policy:

Where and when will India need to press the red button for 'first use' which will then result in a nuclear conflagration either against China or Pakistan?

I'll eat my Mexican hat if they can answer this question.

India will always depend primarily on its conventional forces to prosecute a war and will use nukes only as a last resort unlike Pakistan which has a policy of using its 'tactical' nukes against India's 'Cold Start' which, needless to say, would be deep inside Pakistan's territory itself!!

India would never be in such a situation where tactical reverses would be so severe that we would need to stabilize the situation with nukes or use them as a riposte. Neither China nor Pakistan has that kind of capability to inflict such a reverse against India forcing us to use nuclear weapons first.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
I have said this before, India should change the word 'nation' to 'alliance' in nuclear retaliation policy

i.e. India will have massive and disproportionate retaliation against the belligerent alliance (which includes supplier of nukes and missiles to carry it to the concerned nation).

This will deny China any loophole and deniability to use Pakistan as proxy, otherwise China can fight India to last Pakistani and watch fun from distance. This way control of Pakistan's nukes also becomes China's responsibility. Otherwise we know Pakistanis are always up for sale and anyone can buy few Pakistani brigadiers in charge of Nuclear tipped Nasr rockets if you know what I mean.

Country flag
What strategic advantage does no first use offer? If a country has
A nuclear program designed just for destroying your country is it a good policy? An overwhelming first strike by two nuclear powers working together may present a situation where you may not get a chance to retaliate and who will you retaliate against? This is present situation for india

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garg_bharat

Country flag
I doubt China's nuclear program is designed to just destroy India. May be Pakistan's is and of course we cannot ignore considerable Chinese help to Pakistan.

But an Indian policy must be responsible and realistic. I emphasize realistic here. A hair trigger response posture will take a very big missile numbers and a correspondingly large nuclear force and associated facilities. The expenditure will go up correspondingly which may require increase in defence budget.

The problem is a bigger nuclear force cannot result in smaller conventional force due to a number of challenges like terrorism.

There are technological challenges also as India may not have all equipment needed for a hair trigger nuclear policy.

In my view first use or no first use is theoretical. Nobody has used nukes in war since 1945. The only real issues are response time maintained for nuclear force and the size of nuclear force.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
This era belongs to PROXY wars.I don't think India will use its nukes (even 2nd strike) ever.

Keep warm TTP,Bla&KPK in Pak.... Xinjiang,Tibet and Democracy in China :rofl:
Basically, POXY war is kind of burning money race. Are you sure you want to check whose pocket is deeper?:nono:

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
Basically, POXY war is kind of burning money race. Are you sure you want to check whose pocket is deeper?:nono:
India done before, check lttle and mukti bahini. Time to arm freedom fighter in Xinxiang and Tibet and balochistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles