Exercise Shiksha

Doug Gordon

I am currently researching Exercise Shiksha for an article for submission to a a UK journal.
Shiksha took place in 1963 and was an IAF Air Defence exercise. It involved the IAF, Royal Australian Air Force, the RAF and the USAF.
The USAF flew from Palam with F-100 Super Sabres of the 356th TFW; the RAAF flew from Akkra with two Canberras; the RAF based Javelins at Kalaikunda. The Indian Air Force flew canberras in the agressor mode and Hunters and Gnats in air defence.
I am looking to correspond with anyone who has first hand knowledge of the exercise and any photos that were taken at the time. I am fortunate to have contacted USAF, RAF and RAAF personnel who were involved but I do need some input from the Indian Air Force if possible.
Please can anyone help?

bhramos

Country flag
I am currently researching Exercise Shiksha for an article for submission to a a UK journal.
Shiksha took place in 1963 and was an IAF Air Defence exercise. It involved the IAF, Royal Australian Air Force, the RAF and the USAF.
The USAF flew from Palam with F-100 Super Sabres of the 356th TFW; the RAAF flew from Akkra with two Canberras; the RAF based Javelins at Kalaikunda. The Indian Air Force flew canberras in the agressor mode and Hunters and Gnats in air defence.
I am looking to correspond with anyone who has first hand knowledge of the exercise and any photos that were taken at the time. I am fortunate to have contacted USAF, RAF and RAAF personnel who were involved but I do need some input from the Indian Air Force if possible.
Please can anyone help?
hi mate

these links may be helpful for some extent.. not sure..

Exercise Shiksha  - Wing Commander Donald Michael - [www.bharat-rakshak.com]

Air Operations in Exercise Shiksha (part 1) | WillyLogan.com

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It'll be best to contact IAF personnel who participated at the time.
If you can provide me your email id, I can give you the last known details of one such personnel.
@Doug Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:

sasi

Deleted out.

Last edited:

Doug Gordon

It'll be best to contact IAF personnel who participated at the time.
If you can provide me your email id, I can give you the last known details of one such personnel.
@Doug Gordon.
Have you got a contact I can send you my e mail address.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles