Exclusive: Made in India rifles to replace INSAS

pmaitra

Post edited, and a new statement added in green. Please have a look.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Being a soldier. I always wrote what I felt, as honest feedback or my personal expression ... However I was soon to know that it was an anathema for this forum...
@Kunal Viswas and @pmaitra (probably one from OFB and the other from DGQA or both form OFB) combined banned me for at least ten times.. tortured and troubled me in the forum.. so I got determined like I was thought in the Army ... work through jamming... resolutely work through opposition.. and every time I came back ..

I always felt a loner in this forum. but having read many last posts I feel I am not..

I only hope the present COAS, being a simpleton, is not going to get into trouble by accepting Excalibur... For a Chief, the sentiments and experience and feed back for soldiers on the ground is of supreme importance.. it can make or mar the history of a COAS... his image is important for the 14 million soldiers..

@pmaitra ... just do not quietly delete this post ...
During your grand soldiering times, you invented such top of the line science fiction stats like,"ground friction for tanks"!!!!

About your unending rants on "most technically proficient posts " of yours being deleted,

If you fill your posts with vengeful personal attacks and terms like DODO, why should they be allowed to exist, What is the knowledge a reader can gain from it?

Fill your post with facts and arguments citing sources, If your posts get deleted for that , then you have justification for accusation.

Mod Edit: Stick to the Topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

salute

mid 90's documentary about american military search for new modern rifle,
rifle and its ammunition,

jouni

True that,but despite of their superior quality,the RK 62's accuracy and long distance performance will definitely be much poorer compared to INSAS due to the use of M43 rounds in the former.This round has a trajectory more comparable to a mortar shell than a rifle bullet,the bullets are too slow with so poor ballistic coefficient that they just drop too much even before passing 200 yards,which makes it totally unsuitable for conventional warfare................at least for an army whose training method is predominantly marksmanship oriented,with soldiers being trained to take well aimed shots in semi auto mode.
300m efficient range and heavier bullet was found suitable in our forested terrain. There are very few open places where you engage enemy from longer distances. Interestingly enough they are gonna keep the RK62s in service till 2035 giving it a lifespan of 70 years.

Shadow

Country flag
somebody pls request Arnob,to conduct a noisehour debate on this matter:truestory:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
somebody pls request Arnob,to conduct a noisehour debate on this matter:truestory:
Welcome to the forum sir....

Since you suggested for Arnob of "national channel " on this "National Forum" ..there are many here jostling to be Arnob always eager to deliver their casting vote and outshouting everyone else.

Kemata

Army zeroes in on Made in India rifles to replace INSAS
The performance of the DRDO-designed 'Excalibur' assault rifle in trials last month at the Armament Research and Development Establishment in Pune has further enthused the Army.

Multiple calibres have to be dealt with, as every combat unit would/should have five basic infantry weapon platforms distributed within the combat unit (AT excluded). The pistol (9mm), Assault Rifle (5.56), LMG (5.56), MMG (7.62), Sniper Rifle (7.62) and the AMR (12.7mm/0.5"). Excalibur is a good move, however our Indian Defence PSU's have a less than desirable performance rate. They are headed by 'insecure conservatives' and have an excessively 'unionised' workforce. The production of our 'Tank' and 'Tejas' are two examples of this fundamental malaise. Tata has shown the way forward, as was reported in the press 2 years ago. They have developed an artillery weapon system (152 mm) towed, which is better than the FH177. Its been tested on firing ranges abroad and proved good. What about it? Just a thought!

Blood+

Country flag
Tata has shown the way forward, as was reported in the press 2 years ago. They have developed an artillery weapon system (152 mm) towed, which is better than the FH177. Its been tested on firing ranges abroad and proved good. What about it? Just a thought!
They haven't developed shit!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles