Everything is in China

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Everything is in China: The World's Architecture Replicated in Chinese Copy Towns | Atlas Obscura

The canals of Venice, the monuments of Paris, the skyscrapers of New York, even the pubs of London can all be found in China. The replicas are part of a trend of copycat architecture that has brought the architecture of the rest of the world, particularly of Europe and the United States, into the new developments of China's growing cities. In a book released earlier this year called Original Copies: Architectural Mimicry in Contemporary China by Bianca Bosker, these cloned communities are examined both in their historical and cultural context.

There's Thames Town where a statue of Churchill looms before guards dressed in uniforms inspired by the Queen's foot guard; New Amsterdam in Shenyang where a copy of the Hague's Peace Palace is alongside a traditional ship; and New York, New York, where a dwarfed Chrysler Building cuts above a pseudo-Times Square. Bianca Bosker told us more about this replica architecture and her first-hand experience exploring the mirror cities.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
first them chinese copied japanese facial features because they thought japanese were there master or something and now they are asking american medical centers to send them sperm of a white america male so that they can copy american facial features.

chinese people are filled with inferiority complex :gangnam:

kseeker

Retired
first them chinese copied japanese facial features because they thought japanese were there master or something and now they are asking american medical centers to send them sperm of a white america male so that they can copy american facial features.
:pound::pound::pound:

kseeker

Retired
@W.G.Ewald,

Now, chinese members of this forum will most probably will not reply or will start with justifications and try to prove the rationale behind "copying" ! and they will award you a title of Chinese Basher ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I find this whole exercise that China is doing is simply fantastic for the Budget Tourists.

They do care for the not so well heeled and cash happy.

Kind people who care for people!

One does not have to spend fortunes to go around the world.

All can just come to see the world in China.

And you need not go Around the World in 80 days either!

Week will do.

And cheap too!

W.G.Ewald

Professional
@W.G.Ewald,

Now, chinese members of this forum will most probably will not reply or will start with justifications and try to prove the rationale behind "copying" ! and they will award you a title of Chinese Basher ;)
They deserve bashing. They come to DFI only with the intention to provoke. Let them taste their just desserts.

I do exclude Shiphone and J20! from that judgement; they provide good information and are not propagandists as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

ramakrishna

chinese people are filled with inferiority complex :gangnam:
ROFLMAO .... haha ... well said dude .... :third::third:

Impluseblade

Maybe that's why your brother enjoys his trip to China. Only brought a freebie from the hotel they stayed as a souvenir for his grandchildren?

I find this whole exercise that China is doing is simply fantastic for the Budget Tourists.

They do care for the not so well heeled and cash happy.

Kind people who care for people!

One does not have to spend fortunes to go around the world.

All can just come to see the world in China.

And you need not go Around the World in 80 days either!

Week will do.

And cheap too!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maybe that's why your brother enjoys his trip to China. Only brought a freebie from the hotel they stayed as a souvenir for his grandchildren?
No.

They brought many freebies from where the came from - the US.

I had told him that we don't want any souvenirs from China since there was no need to add to the luggage with items from China, which though cheap, would in the long run be a disappointment since they would not last long.

I made it absolutely clear that no foodstuff or chocolates from China, foodstuff being the most dangerous of all products.

That toothpaste was just there when they were sorting out the stuff for various relatives and they forgot to pack it back!

And anyway the toothpaste was not a freebie that China gave. It was a part of the hotel charges. So paid for, if you will.

You sure have not seen the inside of a hotel as a worker or a guest it shows!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
They deserve bashing. They come to DFI only with the intention to provoke. Let them taste their just desserts.

I do exclude Shiphone and J20! from that judgement; they provide good information and are not propagandists as far as I can tell.
And to show how China is blooming and about to overtake the world!

They do not have confidence in themselves and that is why they are replicating cities of the world within China.

Impluseblade

Ray, you can read this book "A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy" for your entertainment. One of the editor's comments is ""A fascinating and entertaining look at just how much of a challenge an average consumer faces . . . to avoid buying Chinese goods".

No.

I had told him that we don't want any souvenirs from China since there was no need to add to the luggage with items from China, which though cheap, would in the long run be a disappointment since they would not last long.

I made it absolutely clear that no foodstuff or chocolates from China, foodstuff being the most dangerous of all products.

That toothpaste was just there when they were sorting out the stuff for various relatives and they forgot to pack it back!

And anyway the toothpaste was not a freebie that China gave. It was a part of the hotel charges. So paid for, if you will.

Impluseblade

To your surprise/disappointment, the majority of the freebies from U.S. are made in China. You might want to rush back home and throw them away.

No.

t_co

"Only with the intention to provoke" - that's some serious psychoanalysis you're doing there. How do you know that?

Decklander

We all have read about the cyber attacks by china but does anyone know what has US done who started the web and what has India done who actually created the web?
We too have 100% infiltration into chinese, Pak & US networks. Hum baap hain unkay.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
"Only with the intention to provoke" - that's some serious psychoanalysis you're doing there. How do you know that?
That is my opinion, based on what I have seen. I am not going to attempt to build a case by going back and finding examples. It would a waste of everybody's time.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To your surprise/disappointment, the majority of the freebies from U.S. are made in China. You might want to rush back home and throw them away.
This toothpaste was Made in China.

That much of nationalism the Chinese showed to foreign tourists!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is my opinion, based on what I have seen. I am not going to attempt to build a case by going back and finding examples. It would a waste of everybody's time.

Even this truism, the Chinese will refute, knowing full well that they do just that!

Their attitude that they have inherited from the indoctrination by the CCP is, and which the follow like robots, is - MY Way or the Highway!

And having followed it, they wear a hangdog look and give the impression of being hurt victims!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray, you can read this book "A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy" for your entertainment. One of the editor's comments is ""A fascinating and entertaining look at just how much of a challenge an average consumer faces . . . to avoid buying Chinese goods".
I have many years without 'Made in China'.

Though I will concede having paid money for home delivery thinking they are Indian goods, I have been fooled that it is Made in China.

I treat Made in China goods for which I have paid good money as if they were priceless porcelain. Can't have them collapsing and a hinge falling off!

Impluseblade

Constantly changing topics to dodge embarrassing questions.

That much of wisdom the Indian showed to the Chinese.

This toothpaste was Made in China.

That much of nationalism the Chinese showed to foreign tourists!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles