Eurozone Crisis online

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Americans have pretty weak memory. Some historians believe that Finnish Vikings found America centuries before Columbus. "Vinland" and "New Founland" are actually misspelled "Finland".
Just going to quickly blast through these lies.

1. No such thing as Finnish Viking (maybe it helps your ego but unfortunately it is a fantasy.)
Vikings are by definition Northern Germanic tribes (Norsemen.) And yes the Vikings who made contact with North America were Norsemen.
Throughout history the Finno-Ugric tribes (from which modern Finnish people come) were mostly dominated by Vikings or sometimes by Slavs.

2. Nice try with Vinland=Finland :lol:
Vinland=Wine land. Check it out if you want.

3. New foundland= finland. Are you simply trying to troll.
New Foundland= Newly found land.
In French "Terre Neuve" i.e. Land that is New or New land.

I don't know if you are trying to troll or you smoked something strong earlier; but you post fantasies and lies, it will be busted.

Also either this shows your propensity to troll/lie through your teeth, or it shows a genuine lack of General knowledge (Finnish education ftw), which is scary.

And @prohumanity you seriously shouldn't be asking Americans such GK questions.
During that Boston Bombing episode, even some media channels were confusing Chechnia with Czech Republic and so on. Media in America is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

Just going to quickly blast through these lies.

1. No such thing as Finnish Viking (maybe it helps your ego but unfortunately it is a fantasy.)
Vikings are by definition Northern Germanic tribes (Norsemen.) And yes the Vikings who made contact with North America were Norsemen.
Throughout history the Finno-Ugric tribes (from which modern Finnish people come) were mostly dominated by Vikings or sometimes by Slavs.

2. Nice try with Vinland=Finland :lol:
Vinland=Wine land. Check it out if you want.

3. New foundland= finland. Are you simply trying to troll.
New Foundland= Newly found land.
In French "Terre Neuve" i.e. Land that is New or New land.

I don't know if you are trying to troll or you smoked something strong earlier; but you post fantasies and lies, it will be busted.

Also either this shows your propensity to troll/lie through your teeth, or it shows a genuine lack of General knowledge (Finnish education ftw), which is scary.

And @prohumanity you seriously shouldn't be asking Americans such GK questions.
During that Boston Bombing episode, even some media channels were confusing Chechnia with Czech Republic and so on. Media in America is hilarious.
I will post the new findings, when I have time to collect them. We can continue discussion on the same thread we talked about Rurik.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I will post the new findings, when I have time to collect them. We can continue discussion on the same thread we talked about Rurik.
Kindly address all 3 points that you claimed above. And then tag me. :thumb:

jouni

"‹Sorry, Putin. Russia’s economy is doomed - The Washington Post

Russian economy has seen better days. As a neighbor, I feel sympathy for friends living in Russia, The costs of their visits to Finland have risen almost 100% in few months. I was in Russia last weekend, 4 star hotel in Russia 23 Euros, in Finland 125 Euros. A litre of gasoline in Russia 36 cents, Finland 1, 55 Euro. For me this is like Christmas, visiting Russia you can live like a King.

I hope this crisis do not slow Russia's will to become a "Superpower in a multipolar world", well at least they can be a superpower among North Korea and Venezuela, if they slip and slide this fast.

santosh10

Russian economy has seen better days. As a neighbor, I feel sympathy for friends living in Russia, The costs of their visits to Finland have risen almost 100% in few months. I was in Russia last weekend, 4 star hotel in Russia 23 Euros, in Finland 125 Euros. A litre of gasoline in Russia 36 cents, Finland 1, 55 Euro. For me this is like Christmas, visiting Russia you can live like a King.

I hope this crisis do not slow Russia's will to become a "Superpower in a multipolar world", well at least they can be a superpower among North Korea and Venezuela, if they slip and slide this fast.

i made a post on a different forum as below, which may have a place here, i think :thumb:

=> Net U.S. oil imports fell to a 28-year low in 2013 as a result of the shale oil boom: :thumb:

//blogs-images.forbes.com/jessecolombo/files/2014/06/oilimports.jpg
U.S. oil production is expected to grow to 9.2 million barrels a day in 2015 and 9.6 million by 2016, which would make the U.S. the world's largest oil producer, ahead of even Saudi Arabia and Russia. Canada's oil sand boom is expected to boost the country's oil production by 500,000 barrels per day to achieve a total production of 3.9 million barrels per day in 2015, much of which will be exported to the United States. :truestory:

Led by China and other emerging nations, global oil demand spiked in the years following the 2008 financial crisis, which contributed to oil's bull market. Since 2011, oil demand growth has slowed significantly to a half-decade low largely due to the ongoing economic slowdown in China and emerging economies:

//blogs-images.forbes.com/jessecolombo/files/2014/06/fig1.gif

forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2014/06/09/9-reasons-why-oil-prices-may-be-headed-for-a-bust/3/

forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2014/06/09/9-reasons-why-oil-prices-may-be-headed-for-a-bust/3/

=>
Although Opec's most influential members, such as Saudi and the United Arab Emirates, have some of the lowest production costs in the world, they are also the big spenders and also vulnerable to falling prices.

"Should lower oil prices persist then emerging economies such as Venezuela or Russia may be forced to adjust their fiscal balances by cutting subsidies and social benefit programmes which may trigger political and economic instability," said Mr Dryden.

Oil price slump to trigger new US debt default crisis as Opec waits - Telegraph
UAE and Saudi A. have mainly very cheap labors from the developing countries, while the US provides jobs to its own people, who then spend the earned money within the country hence generating direct and indirect taxes this way too... while fall of Ruble by 40%+ might have adjusted profit margin of the Russian oil producers....

US would maintain Petrol/Diesel prices based on oil price at $70/barrel, the minimum, which will only benefit the whole nation :cheers:

=>
Figure the USA will allow market forces to prevail, weeds out the weak and inefficient. India should be benefiting well from lower fuel prices since it imports much of its fuel.

thats the very first benefit we got by oil/gas pumping of US, we all know how US has defended the oil importing countries to an extent by keeping its lower price.

in fact, if we have a look on the way all the currencies are on broke, and US$ is maintained strongly, there is enough support from the US to the whole world at present....

for example of fall of Euro and Japanese Yen by around 12% during the last 3-4 months, it straight gives an advantage to the exporting industries of OECD economies.....

and even if the Euro/Yen fallen, there is still lower payment for the energy import by them due to lower oil prices. and its all just because The US is standing strongly at present :truestory:

America Will Likely Close Out 2014 as the World's Reigning Oil Champion

America is Producing More Oil than ever and using it more Intelligently :tup:

Bloomberg reported the latest triumph of America's energy boom. Earlier this year America's daily production surpassed Saudi Arabia's and Russia's. Since the boom has continued, the U.S. is likely to close 2014 as the world's oil champion.

On a macro level, it turns out the U.S. has actually managed the oil boom with some modicum of intelligence. It's little-appreciated, but the boom in oil production has coincided with a quiet revolution in the way Americans use oil. At the same time we are pumping more, we are using less, and using it more intelligently. Consumption amounted to 18.9 million barrels per day in 2013, which was up from 2012. But that rise followed seven years of net decline, from 20.8 million barrels per day in 2005 to 18.49 million barrels of oil per day in 2012. Between 2005 and 2013, oil consumption fell 9 percent in absolute terms.

slate.com/articles/business/the_juice/2014/07/america_world_s_leading_oil_producer_as_we_re_pumping_more_we_re_using_less.html

santosh10

UAE and Saudi A. have mainly very cheap labors from the developing countries, while the US provides jobs to its own people, who then spend the earned money within the country hence generating direct and indirect taxes this way too... while fall of Ruble by 40%+ might have adjusted profit margin of the Russian oil producers....

US would maintain Petrol/Diesel prices based on oil price at $70/barrel, the minimum, which will only benefit the whole nation :cheers:

Oil Pumping by US and its Impact on the Economy as whole

further to my last posts, if US is pumping oil worth $400billion+, at average oil price of $90/barrel, then you keep $400billion money inside the country, in place of importing the same from other countries. and its a thumb rule, investment of $1.0 result in return of 66cents, 66%, through the direct and indirect taxes..... for the developing countries like India, Philippines, Vietnam etc, it would be around 50% return through the taxes as over 90% workers dont pay taxes in developing countries...

(for example, if you earn salary, you pay tax on it, the direct tax, and then you spend money in market, buy products/services which then make the shops/companies pay tax on the products/services they are selling too, the indirect taxes. and the very first thing is, providing jobs of worth $400billion+ to the home workers....)

and then you have at least $250billion+ tax revenues this way, through the direct and indirect taxes, which may be further used for the key infrastructure projects. its all good until you use you oil pumping "intelligently", as discussed in the article of last post :truestory:

and hence, i would favor US to maintain petrol/diesel prices to be based on at least $70/barrel+, regardless how the world market fluctuates. its simple that you are pumping oil for the domestic use, and have prices as you wish, for good of the whole nation. regardless what happens in rest of the world. as you must have jobs of $400billion+ of oil pumping, direct and indirect taxes of $250billion+ this way, and the related development projects of this tax money, for the nation as whole.

as we do know, this fall of oil price is temporary, having a similar characteristic of 2009, which again raised to over $100+ per barrel by 2010....

and yes, the further investment of the estimated Tax Revenue at around $250billion+ this way, would create additional jobs with generating additional tax revenue of $150billion+ this way again, and so on.... :thumb:

santosh10

Vladimir Putin's math is looking fuzzy. Russia's budget is based on oil trading for $100 a barrel, government documents reveal.
Finance minister Anton Siluanov calls that an "alternative economic reality."
Oil currently trades around $60 a barrel.
Siluanov warned that cuts will be needed since the budget doesn't reflect the hits Russia's economy has taken from the standoff in Ukraine and falling oil prices.
When Russian parliament passed the draft budget for 2015-2017 last week, it assumes that oil trades at $104 a barrel for 2014 and $100 for 2015-2017. That might have made sense when oil traded at $115 in June, but not now.
The result: Russia has a huge hole in its books.
And it might get worse. Goldman Sachs (GS) and top bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach predict oil could fall as low as $60 in the coming months.

Oil Price Math on Ruble Depreciation

and in a more clear and simple way, "Russia's Budget is based on Oil Price at (32.5*$100) = '3,250' Ruble a barrel by early 2014, OR, on (59*60*0.95) = '3,360' Ruble a Barrel by early 2015, a simple math at Oil Price at $60 per barrel and 1.0US$=59 Ruble, by end 2014. :wave:
(it used a factor of 0.95 considering the expected rise of 'additional' inflation by 5% due to fall in Ruble value during last 3-4 months.......)
//x-rates.com/graph/?from=USD&to=RUB&amount=1.00
as we see as below, Russia's inflation rising to hardly upto 10% by December 2014, from its 6.5% level in early 2014. hardly around 5% "additional" inflation they getting due to the currency depreciation :coffee:
tradingeconomics.com/russia/inflation-cpi
always keep in mind, Russian Budget is Budgeted in Ruble value, not in US$. similarly Indian Budget Expenditure is budgeted in Indian Rupees value.

;
i would like to discuss it further. today we have news that India's Whole Sale price inflation approaching zero, then its because of very low oil/energy price right now. while i just been to Russia and Petrol prices were around 32 Ruble a liter, i remember, and its the same at present, no fall in petrol/diesel/gas prices there because Ruble also depreciated with the same pace as fall in oil prices.

and yes, Indian rupees was valued at around 1.0 Ruble to INR 1.9, while now Ruble going at par with Indian Rupees, check this curve for the last 1 year, Ruble w.r.t. Indian Rupees :ranger:
//x-rates.com/graph/?from=RUB&to=INR&amount=1.00
and here we find Russian inflation even rising to over 9.0 percent while it was around 6.5 percent few months before, while India's wholesale inflation reaching to zero, from around 6 percent few months before :coffee:
ibtimes.co.in/india-records-wholesale-price-inflation-zero-lowest-5-years-617205
and thats why have used a factor of 0.95 considering 'additional' inflation due to sharp fall of Ruble value.
and AA, Russian Budget is budgeted in Ruble value, not in US$ value, isn't it? i mean, regardless what, they would get the profit on oil sale in Ruble value, with adjusting 5 percent of inflation itself :thumb:

santosh10

Well if the drop in the value of the ruble doesn't matter, I guess it doesn't matter.
look, it would certainly help the Russian food and other industries, mainly their food industries...... as the foreign competitors will have their products more expansive in the Russian market now, at least by over 50 percent.....

this type of 50 percent fall in a currency does look threatening but we do know how oil prices have a certain role in Ruble value to help its producers maintain profit margin in Ruble value terms :tup:

and again, i would appreciate the US$ which has supported most of the OECD economies at present. for example, ask PD, even if Eurozone economy is still around 2 percent lower than its early 2008 level, it would grow by at least over 4 percent within a year, if the Euro falls to at par to US$......

;
Am sure the Russians are happy that the value of the Ruble has dropped by half against the dollar. Makes their exports cheaper, especially oil and imports more expensive. The reason inflation has lessened in India is the drop in oil prices, makes every thing cheaper, from electric to transportation of goods, for now.
Picdelamirand-oil

hmmm, first ask PD, will he be happy or not if Euro falls to at par with US$? further to my last post......

and about me, a very honest answer from me while discussing trade deficit of India, my recent statement is as below: :facepalm:

posts#67, #68, #69
//defenceforumindia.com/forum/economy-infrastructure/64395-brics-e7-economies-ibsa-5.html#post982392

prohumanity

Country flag
I hope this crisis do not slow Russia's will to become a "Superpower in a multipolar world", well at least they can be a superpower among North Korea and Venezuela, if they slip and slide this fast.[/QUOTE]

You do not know the basic meaning of "Multi-Polar World Order". Let me educate you...In multi-polar world, decisions are made by many major nations together and not on the basis of "Gang of 7 white boys" who has the delusion that can rule the world forever. There is NO super power in Multi-Polar World and countries have mutual respect and believe in peaceful coexistence. This concept for your western mind is hard to understand as you only think in vertical manner (I rule you or you will rule me ) a black and white mindset.
The big bully world order believes in suppressing and subjugating nations who do not follow their cultural system. Big bully imperialistic order gives money and weapons and thus, pits small nations against major ,big nations ( Pakistan against India, Taiwan against China, Georgia and Ukraine against Russia etc) It,also, feeds fanatic religious values and use these fanatics to keep pressure on opponents (Using Taliban Mujahideens against Soviet Union etc) It does not hesitate in creating civil wars in other countries and cause chaos and divide them across ethnic lines (what was done in Yugoslavia)
It puts food embargo and financial sanctions and uses so called "world bank, IMF etc) to choke and kill millions of people by causing scarcity of food and medicines.
There is a lot of human blood on the hands of your Gang of 7 cruel mafia ...all to continue the hegemony and bullying. Multi-Polar World can challenge these evil designs and force the big fat bullies to obey humanitarian values and international laws based on justice and fairness.
Every bully's day of reckoning comes....right now, the big fat 7 bullies are partying but start the countdown now. G-7 is the most racist organization in the world ...Japanese waitresses are there to serve wine and beer to the 6 racist white boys who wants to threaten remaining 6 billion other people.

santosh10

@jouni @W.G.Ewald @Ray

here, as discussed in the news of the post#47, "yes, settling in the Slum of Brazil is easier." :facepalm:

:tsk:
The situation at present, Russian perspective:
84% of Russia's oil exports go to Europe.
76% of Russia's natural gas exports go to Europe.
Oil and gas sales account for 70% of Russia's total export revenue.
The situation at present, EU perspective:
35% of the EU's oil imports come from Russia.
30% of the EU's natural gas imports come from Russia
For the future, factor in:
The EU has large recoverable shale deposits, currently unexploited
Neighbouring Algeria has larger recoverable shale deposits than the United States
Energy-hungry countries like China have enormous recoverable shale deposits, currently unexploited
Regions like East Africa are in the formative stages of exploiting their oil and gas reserves

etc

Predicted Russia's Trade data's in 2014 Vs United States

sir, Russia isn't an economy like Saudi A, UAE whose only business is based on oil/gas export....... its a typical industrialized nation with a major earning through oil/gas export, and its share in export is well below 50% of Russia export......

from here, we have news that domestic oil consumption of US has been raised to 66%, from 33% in 2006 level, and this means for a change occurring in US's economy. labor force employment going only down since 2008 recession, never better than September 2008 level, with so high debt and only rising, as discussed in my last few posts of this thread....
//defenceforumindia.com/forum/europe-russia/64033-eurozone-crisis-online-5.html
i mean to say, exporting oil/gas isn't something a nation would do, and if US has to pump oil of its use, then its something shows their position of defence on the trade side....

while what exactly will happen to Russia's export side, as compare to US with so many sanctions, we will discuss later this year, when the list as below will be revised with the new trade data's. and write down somewhere, Russia's trade data would never be as bad as US, as below :tup:
//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_current_account_balance#WTO_Data
(comparison of the 3rd highest trade surplus with the highest trade deficit.)

santosh10

Employment rate matches record high - Press releases - GOV.UK

The record-breaking annual rise in employment of 929,000 sees the employment rate rising to 73.1%, equal to the record high in 2005. There are now 30.6 million people in work, 1.8 million more than in 2010, showing that the government's long-term plan is helping to create jobs as the economy grows following the deepest recession since the 1930s. The number of women in work also reached a new record of 14.2 million, with the female employment rate now at 68.1%.

Unemployment also saw the biggest annual fall for nearly 2 decades, dropping by 383,000. The unemployment rate fell further to 6.5% (5.8% in November), the lowest since the end of 2008. Schemes such as the government's Work Programme have also contributed to the biggest fall in long-term unemployment since 1998, down by 166,000 on the year.

First Cut analysis UK's Economy

boss, just write down few very basic points about the UK's economy as below:

1st; UK's economy just recovered its pre-crisis level, while its per capita income adjusting inflation is still around 5% lower than early 2008.

2nd; Public Debt on UK is more than double to the early 2008 level.

3rd; hefty Budget Expenditure cuts have undermined their future growth prospects, obviously. and its now very less likely that UK or any of Eurozone economy would achieve their average growth rate during the last 20 years. as, what will drive the economy if you have cut all the budget expanding by whatever the possibility? UK+Eurozone economies never had this type of spending cuts anytime during last 40-50 years, while their average growth rate since 1990 is well below 2%, check....

for example, of my link of last few posts, US is suffering first drop of Mexican born population since WW2, is this the main reason behind so many wars organized in world? :ranger:

arpakola

HUGEEEE scandal in Greek politics .. just days before the final attempt for presidential election
«Βόμβα» Χαϊκάλη: «Μου πρόσφεραν 2-3 εκατ. για να ψηφίσω Δήμα!» [vds] | πολιτικη | newsonly.gr
Αποκάλυψη-βόμβα Καμμένου

High RANKING manager of Deutsche Bank having close links with the Prime Minister SAMARAS is accused for attemt of bribery of the Parliament speaker Haikalis.
There is a lot o presure from Berlin to have a succesfull vote (180+) for the new President (elected from parliament of 300 speakers)and so far only 160 have found to vote during the first election.

=============================

the responsible for the bribe
George Apostolopoulos..

santosh10

sir, i gave you 3 points, Per Capita Income 5% below to early 2008,even after 6 years+, Public Debt more than twice since early 2008 and hence hefty cuts in Budget expenditure in UK+Eurozone economies, hence undermining any growth prospects......

the main basics, while we have many posts in this thread stating UK's economy too, for example
//rt.com/news/cameron-cliches-british-decline-143/
along with
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303345/Britains-debt-mountain-reaches-1-39TRILLION-equivalent-90-entire-economy-ONS-reveals.html
theguardian.com/money/2013/nov/20/personal-debt-mental-health-report?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2
and here you stand :wave:
guardian.co.uk/society/2011/dec/05/income-inequality-growing-faster-uk
=>
please note that im here to answer you many questions after few hours,going for now. have alook on the news as below too
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/imf-euro-zone-companies-face-a-massive-debt-overhang/2013/04/17/5eb3fc62-a75d-11e2-8302-3c7e0ea97057_story.html
One in five workers in the UK is paid less than required for a basic standard of living, a report has said. :tsk:

The proportion is much higher among waiters and bar staff, at up to 90% of workers, the research for accountants KPMG suggested.

It said that nearly five million people failed to command the living wage - a pay packet that enabled a basic standard of living.

BBC News - Five million paid less than living wage, says KPMG

santosh10

You're clearly clueless and childishly ignoring the facts i've evidently pointed out.

I do agree with the fact that GDP per capita is not as high as back in 2008, but you do have to look at the differences in exchange rate as well
per capita income of UK is well below to at least 10 countries of EU28, i think. and i wonder,why Japan has been a so rich economy over China, while 1.0Yuan was always over 20.0+ Japanese Yen anytime during the last 20 years :facepalm:

exchange rate doesn't state anything, :wave:

and purchasing power of 1.0 dollar has much more meaning in India,for example, as compare to its value in US,for example. as discussed in my last few posts of this thread, as below: :thumb:

//defenceforumindia.com/forum/economy-infrastructure/64395-brics-e7-economies-ibsa-4.html
and thats why i first mentioned exchange rates difference between US and India, which make a huge difference. in purchasing power terms, i would say 1.0 US$ = Indian Rupes 10.0, no more than that. so, you would consider per capita income on "PPP term of India "at around" $15,000, considering how prices really affect a common civilian

and the main issue here is the total Debt of US, well over $60.0trillion+, while that of India would be hardly around $2.5trillion, as below:

//cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/original-size/t1-overall_0.png
=>

"on Ground" Purchasing Power Comparison between India and US

please check my post again, and read "Per Capita Income at Ground", on ground :thumb:

On Ground: on ground, i pay $3.2 for a Medium size Flat White Coffee in Sydney while walking on the road, while its hardly Indian Rupees 25 (40 cents), for the same size and same standard of milk/coffee/machine of my near by. 8 time difference
(while i generally by coffee from the side at hardly IRN 15-20)

the "cheapest" food, 'production line food' of KFC/Mc Donalds/Hungry Jack etc cost around $10, no less than that. while a simple plate of food in Delhi cost around Indian Rupees 100 ($1.5), in a pretty good Middle Class restaurant. 7 times difference
(while a vegetable thali/plate in the restaurant of my colony of Delhi is priced at INR 70, its good.)

Im a resident of Perth, and you simply can't get a 2 room flat for less than $400 a week, means around $1,700 a month (INR 100,000). while in the city like Lucknow, the capital of largest state of India, UP, in my colony, around INR 20,000 per month is enough) 5 time difference
(while people do get flat for even INR 10,000 a month in Lucknow, on the long term contract. quite seen...)

even the cheapest food in Sydney, a Chinese cheap and best food, is available for $12, take away food, and then you pay $2.5 for water also, the minimum. while 1.0 liter mineral water in Delhi is priced at INR20 (30 cents), the best brands..... around 9 times

and yes, prices of rice, chicken, edible oil, cooking gas, etc is hardly twice in Australia, as compare to India, but again you do pay very high for other services in US......

and thats why i said, $15,000 per capita income in US, means for around $2,000 in India, around. regardless the PPP calculation, what does we buy from our earning "on ground", matters the most. :tup:

=>

Travelling Comparison: along with food prices in the Middle Class restaurants, price of 2 rooms flats/rent, price of mineral waters etc, i just realized one major comparison, the Travelling Expanses in city. here we find, its around INR 20 (30 cents) by the metro From Nehru Enclave to New Delhi railway station. and I would consider Distance of Nehru Enclave to New Delhi similar to Paramatta to Sydney. while from Straigthfield to Sydney, a closest suburb, i used to pay $3.2 for one way. 10 times difference
(while from O-Connor to Perth city, the price comes at around $4.4 for one way.)

hence On Ground Purchasing Power has now included traveling expanses too. again i discussed once, price of Petrol in Sydney and Delhi has hardly 20% difference because of its international price. but i again thought, once you send your vehicle to work shop for any type of repair, it simply cross $600 to $1,000+ in Australia. similar how i said before, even if prices of rice/cooking oil/chicken is hardly around twice in Australia as compare to India, but you first need to go to shops for the items, and service is again expansive in Australia. while we find prices of vegetables in Australia well closed to $10 per kg+, vegetables there are much more expansive than Chicken/Lamb.

i would use the factor of 7.5 to translate the Exchange Rate Per Capita Income of India to see its value in US/UK/Australia. and right now it would stands at around $2,000 :ranger:

santosh10

Then why is India classed as a low income poor country with the GDP per capita of only about. Isn't it changed based on current exchange rate and aren't the statistics calculated and varied depending on the value of your currency on the market against USD. You're being a blockhead.

hhhm first see how this man talks in India in behalf of his voters, later we will talk on this topic :thumb:

David Cameron delivers address at Infosys Bangalore: Full Text
July 28, 2010

The Tata Group is now the largest manufacturing employer in Britain. And more than 180 Indian companies have invested in our IT sector.

Indian companies employ 90,000 people in the UK. Many more jobs in Britain exist thanks to the activities of British companies in India.:ranger:, Now I want to see thousands more jobs created in Britain :ranger:, and of course in India through trade in the months and years ahead. That is the core purpose of my visit :facepalm:

ndtv.com/article/world/david-cameron-delivers-address-at-infosys-bangalore-full-text-40412

Last edited:

santosh10

Cameron leans on cliches to avert British decline
11 October, 2012

In an overtly patriotic speech filled with big conservative ideals, David Cameron called for Britain to sink or swim in a tough global world – but failed to say in any detail how it should be done. :ranger:

**Cameron urged Britain to "sink or swim," telling delegates that the UK faced an "hour of reckoning." He insisted that only "effort and aspiration" can stop the UK from becoming a second-tier economy, which, like many countries in Europe, would be tied down by "fat welfare systems" and "unreformed public services."

He hammered home his message that only the coalition policy of economic prudence could pull Britain out of recession, while Labour's increased borrowing would be nothing short of economic suicide.

The welfare system formed a key part of his speech. The UK spent £90 billion a year on welfare, and a key policy of Cameron's coalition government has been to reduce this bill come what may.

And he was blunt at first glance with the facts, telling the country that more British children live in households where no one works than almost any other nation in Europe.

But Cameron didn't mention that over one million people in Britain are unable to find work, the highest figure in almost a generation. :ranger:

On the economy, the prime minster was adamant that the austerity program his party has prescribed the UK is the right medicine. He insisted that Britain is "on the right track," but didn't mention that the UK is in a double-dip recession and has among the lowest growth rates of any developed country. Instead, he blamed the last Labour government, saying, "It's worse than we thought but we are making progress."

Cameron reiterated that the deficit had come down under his leadership, but he didn't explain why borrowing had gone up instead of down.

Nor did he mention the banks, which stood out against Ed Miliband's promise last week in his speech to the Labour Party, that if the banks don't regulate themselves, the government will step in and do it for them.

On taxes he went into attack mode. Rather than defend his government's policy of cutting taxes for 8,000 millionaires by 40,000 a year by next April – while forcing pensioners to pay more – he hit back at Labour's plans to spend more to create jobs, and in a quip at Miliband's rallying call that Labour is a party of "one nation," called them the party of "one notion – borrowing."

Cameron was clear about what he believes will get Britain out of the mess it's in: aspiration, entrepreneurial spirit and private enterprise. Here the PM had some cause for celebration, as last year more businesses were created than in any other year in Britain's history.

But he also skated over some of the more unpleasant facts about employment in the UK. His claim to have created up to one million jobs in the private sector is only true because of a change in how new jobs are classified.

He also claimed that the UK is first in the world in offshore wind power. Yet about 90% of the £1.5 billion spent building the massive London Array wind farm off the Kent coast went to foreign corporations.

Unsurprisingly, Cameron was big on the NHS. But a recent Tory-inspired shake-up of the health service has left critics arguing that GP's (family doctors in the UK) will be "suffocated, not liberated" by the changes.

Cameron praised the armed forces for their role in Afghanistan, asking everyone in the hall to stand to show their gratitude. But it is the armed forces that will bear the brunt of the government's spending cuts, while many senior figures in the military are warning that Britain will no longer be able to carry out such missions in the future.

On the police, in stark contrast to Miliband, Cameron didn't say a word. Twenty-four thousand police jobs have been written off because of austerity, including 6,800 front line officers. A poster outside the conference hall read "say hello to Dave, wave goodbye to your police service." :ranger:

The Libdems, a vital part of his coalition government, were left out altogether. Instead, the PM decided to pan Labour while talking up his aspirational version of conservatism.

Subjects causing any deep divisions in the Conservative Party were also omitted. There was no mention of an EU referendum, something that many in the party are calling for, and none either of the thorny issue of marriage equality.

Cameron, backed by the Libdems, has tried to push for gay marriage as consistent with his conservative values of fairness, commitment and the importance of the family. But it hasn't gone down well with the traditional grassroots Tory activists.

On Scotland, Cameron was also reticent. He talked a lot about the Olympics and the enormous pride he felt in our athletes, and that they draped themselves in the union flag, regardless of whether they were from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, saying that as one nation, Britain would rise together. His speech provoked outrage from the SNP (Scottish National Party), which labeled his backing to keep the union a "campaign that is all about what is best for Westminster."

On education, the PM was passionate. He cited plans for up to 79 new free schools – independent but funded by the state – and the 2,000 academies (schools responsible for their own management and budget) that have already been created while the collation government has been in power. Cameron himself went to Eton, one of the country's most expensive and prodigious fee-based boarding schools.

But his plans drew criticism from Christine Blower, the NUT (National Union of Teachers) general secretary. She commented in The Guardian that the academy program is developing a fragmented and unaccountable education system, and that secondary school places are being set up where primary places are needed most.

The PM was firmly businesslike, appealing to the "aspiration nation," and unlike Miliband – who last week memorized his speech to the Labour party – Cameron read from an autocue, saying that as prime minister he was too busy to memorize a speech.

He was defensive about comments that he was from the party of privilege and that he went to a 'posh school,' and fought back with: "I went to a great school and I want every child to have a great education. I'm not here to defend privilege; I'm here to spread it."

//rt.com/news/cameron-cliches-british-decline-143/[/url]

UK's sink or swim

sink or swim....... there is a certain sign of an organization/ person/ nation etc, when its fall is near. we then find that certain form of organization/ person/ countries adopt all the right and wrong techniques to get something done, before an expected fall. and as per my 6-7 years of experience of geo-politics, when they never hesitated to use all the wrong techniques to get something done by this or that way, like lies/bluffs/wrong information to common public etc. hence its very easy for me to say, this gentleman and his commonwealth followers are very right with their worries :ranger:

Last edited:

santosh10

while ground reality of Britain is now very open to whole world as below itself. Recession has simply broke the society since then

=> Prostitution and Poverty in the UK

In Britain, the recession has left many people struggling to make ends meet,:ranger: but reports have shown that young people – young single mothers in particular, are feeling the worst of austerity, and many are turning to prostitution in pursuit of financial security.

Things are likely to get worse. In 2013-2014, a lone parent would receive on average £46.80 a year less in benefits due to governmental changes, while a couple with children would miss out on £52 a year. In 2014-2015, the projected figures are £260 less for single parents and £156 less for couples with children. In short, single parents – often the most financially vulnerable – are facing the harshest cuts in benefits.

This has led to an increase in prostitution, which has affected the industry's economy; many sex workers are reducing their charges (sometimes as much as 50 per cent) in order to beat competition from other sex workers. This contributes to a viscous circle; more single parents – usually women, enter prostitution out of financial desperation.:facepalm: Due to the increase in sex workers, they need to engage in the industry more to acquire the money they need. This in turn leads to a further increase in active sex workers and a further devaluation of prostitution ad infinitum. :tsk:

One thing is clear – tough policing and stricter legislation is not the solution. Ukraine's capital – Kyiv has struggled with high prostitution levels since it gained independence in 1991, after the collapse of the Soviet Union. In 2005, it introduced more rigorous legislation to try to combat the problem, to little effect. The country co-hosted the Euro 2012 football tournament with Poland and prepared itself for the explosion in sex tourism. Kyiv alone has an estimated 50,000 sex workers, twice that of the whole of Holland, despite prostitution being illegal in Ukraine and legal in Holland. And some suspect that this figure is even higher, with many young Ukrainian sex workers not wanting to come forward due to fear of shaming and imprisonment.

The only way to tackle the exploitation of young women is to tackle its root cause – poverty. To do otherwise would be like treating a disease with tissues instead of medicine. This can be achieved without reversing the entire austerity program (which no UK government is realistically likely to do).

Firstly, the government could take up Ed Miliband's living wage proposals. The introduction of this policy – providing tax incentives to companies who pay a living wage instead of a minimum wage to their employees (£7.45 per hour outside London and £8.55 in London, compared to the £6.19 minimum wage) would save the taxpayer £2.2bn,according to the think tank Resolution Foundation. It would also help to minimise in-work poverty, which would help single parents make ends meet without turning to prostitution.

Prostitution and Poverty in the UK | Left Foot Forward

=> Five million paid less than living wage
29 October 2012

One in five workers in the UK is paid less than required for a basic standard of living, a report has said. :tsk:

The proportion is much higher among waiters and bar staff, at up to 90% of workers, the research for accountants KPMG suggested.

It said that nearly five million people failed to command the living wage - a pay packet that enabled a basic standard of living.

BBC News - Five million paid less than living wage, says KPMG

You're still talking about an article published in 2012? Desperately trolling doesn't buy you food, you know.

and thats the difference between how you people talk in India, as compare to your elected leader come here, as in my last post#96 :tsk:

men are labors, women reducing price on sex workers due to increased competition since economic crisis 2008-09, technologies are developed by the professional immigrants of India and other developing countries, they using. and this is how civilians of this country talk in rest of the world :facepalm:

Last edited:

santosh10

Time to get your cranium checked and upgraded then, otherwise you better not engage in up to date discussion as you're incapable of seeing things based on the outcomes and situations in today's world. Your claim/post/trollish attempt would have been valuable and taken seriously if we were still living in 2012, but unfortunately the world is changing fast and most of us have moved on.
total bushiits.....

2012 and 2014 has limited difference while talking about an economy, UK, whose per capita income of early 2008 is still 5% less than early 2008, with more than double Public Debt since then too. and i don't think its gonna be a better news after 2-3 years too :wave:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles