European bickering over new EU chief

pmaitra

Row brews as Angela Merkel backs Juncker as EU chief

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said she wants former Luxembourg Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker to become the next EU Commission president.

But some European leaders have voiced opposition to the move.

Correspondents say the UK government sees Mr Juncker as too much of an EU federalist. It pointed to the need for "a lengthy process to find consensus".

Mr Juncker belongs to the European People's Party, which won the most seats in the European polls last week.
[HR][/HR]

So how to resolve this dispute?

Personally, I don't think using Molotov cocktails is the best idea. I think they should come to a consensus peacefully.

pmaitra

Russian President Vladimir Putin responds to EU row over trade agreement

"If Ukraine signed the agreement on free trade with the EU then – and I am not sure if this is known – two months after the agreement was ratified the custom duties will be reset and reduced by 85 percent. That means that if Russia keeps its free trade agreement with Ukraine we have every reason to suppose that European goods will transit through Ukrainian territory and into our market. We are not ready to throw open our gates to European good like that."

anoop_mig25

Country flag
@pmaitra how do u see present fighting going on in east ukarine and russia withdrwal from borders

I mean there where reports that eastern ukarine would me made another country or would be included with russian federation but nothing short of that happene but after sanctions from america and europe russia withdrawn its troupe from ukaraian borders

rebels are still fightng but not active support from russia and new ukariane gov supported by USA and europe would easily crush rebels

Putin should have have captured eastern eatersn-ukraine with crimea .i think he lost window of oppurtinity

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

@pmaitra how do u see present fighting going on in east ukarine and russia withdrwal from borders

I mean there where reports that eastern ukarine would me made another country or would be included with russian federation but nothing short of that happene but after sanctions from america and europe russia withdrawn its troupe from ukaraian borders

rebels are still fightng but not active support from russia and new ukariane gov supported by USA and europe would easily crush rebels

Putin should have have captured eastern eatersn-ukraine with crimea .i think he lost window of oppurtinity
Please see this: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...russian-military-movement-246.html#post905436

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles