Europe takes bold step toward a ban on Iranian oil

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
whatever makes one protective against bullies and enemies.

Tell that to the families of those Iranians killed by the regime just by wanting to be freer, and the countless more hurt and imprisoned until now.

johnee

Actually in another thread (don't remember which) I actually suggested a radical idea. Strike a bargain with Iran that makes it come under US protection as far as nukes go. Remember a hard line KSA is also under US protection. Egypt, Jordan all of whom fought against Israel once are now jolly good with each other under one common friend.
The bottomline would be: What does US really want? And what does Iran really want?

Does US simply want a non-nuclear Iran? or Does US want to replace the regime in Iran? or Does US want to simply balance the powers in middle-east? or Does US wants to prop up the Israel? or Does US have other objectives?

One can never be sure given the fate suffered by Iraq and Libya...

As for Iran: What does it really want? Does it simply want to have a deterrent? Does it want promise of no harm to its security? or does it have other objectives?

I think Iran wants nukes not only for deterrent purposes but for other political reasons in Middle-East. Internal politics of Iran also has to be kept in mind(to know how far radical ideas like yours can work).

I think Iran wants to be the hero of Middle-East and Muslim world by acquiring Nukes. Perhaps, once they acquire nukes, they maybe emboldened to go after the Israel.

So, the point is that without knowing exactly what is driving US and Iran, no mediation can be done.

Minh

I wonder why US nuclear deal with Vietnam allows Vietnam to enrich uranium, but UAE and Skorea can't. hmmm i was shock when i first heard the news.

Vietnam just want to grow...you need to be rich and powerful to have Nuke it's expensive to take good care of it. Vietnam don't want to be like North Korea.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Yes they do! but the problem here is the method Iran uses as a self defense method could be also used as a sheer aggression towards a Israel.... Iranian leader hates Israel and he wants the Jews dead................. according to you if Hitler wanted a nuke would you accept it to be developed for the self defense for Germany!
even during the or before cold war, americans and russians wanted each others head on a tookpick :becky: if japan had nukes then innocent people, womens and childrens would not have died. these civilans had nothing to do with ww2

Country flag
even India went through sanctions taking a heavy toll on its economy; we tested N. for survival and we still got hammered by sanctions. but now everybody respects India.
India is respected for the Huge economic potential and as a hedge against China. But as far nukes go India is a bigger offender than Iran. India is not a NPT member that Obama clearly proved to MMS by throwing out most of the Bush nuke deal. Iran has not tested a nuke like India has on a few occasions.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I wonder why US nuclear deal with Vietnam allows Vietnam to enrich uranium, but UAE and Skorea can't. hmmm i was shock when i first heard the news.

biased........................ whatever suite theirs interests.

Country flag
They want Vietnam to have nukes against China. There is little investment in Vietnam by USA compared to UAE and S. Korea.

Param

even during the or before cold war, americans and russians wanted each others head on a tookpick :becky: if japan had nukes then innocent people, womens and childrens would not have died. these civilans had nothing to do with ww2
UTK japan deserved what they got. Their brutalities and actions surpassed any other country in severity in the 20th century.

HeinzGud

Country flag
They feel threatened by the nuclear powers USA/NATO of an attack and destabilization of the nation leading to regime change. I hope intelligence is good and Iran does not have a nuke that could be used as a desperation move.
We all know the intentions of US/NATO alliance but what Iran do is giving US/NATO alliance an excuse to act....... Iran's regime should be changed but it should not fallen to some puppet under US/NATO control!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They want Vietnam to have nukes against China. There is little investment in Vietnam by USA compared to UAE and S. Korea.

I really doubt that US wants Vietnam or any other country in Asia to be nuclear armed. They want however China to realise that the US is prepared for anything, even helping SEA countries get nukes, if it continues on its foolish path to Asian domination...

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
India is respected for the Huge economic potential and as a hedge against China. But as far nukes go India is a bigger offender than Iran. India is not a NPT member that Obama clearly proved to MMS by throwing out most of the Bush nuke deal.
like i said, India too have rights to develop n.weapons.

again, NPT is nothing but :bs:

China, despite singing NPT; it is proliferation Nuclear stuffs to pakistan during broad day light? what did obama do regarding this? he did nothing and yet he won F&^@king nobel prize for peace. is china any less offender here?

Country flag
Yes they do! but the problem here is the method Iran uses as a self defense method could be also used as a sheer aggression towards a Israel.... Iranian leader hates Israel and he wants the Jews dead................. according to you if Hitler wanted a nuke would you accept it to be developed for the self defense for Germany!
Israel is a nuclear power with an unofficial estimate of 200 warheads as much as UK has they are not defenseless in anyway.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
UTK japan deserved what they got. Their brutalities and actions surpassed any other country in severity in the 20th century.
yes, japan got what they deserved for,.. very true...

but what was the crime of those innocent children who were vaporized in fractions of seconds?

Country flag
like i said, India too have rights to develop n.weapons.

again, NPT is nothing but :bs:

China, despite singing NPT; it is proliferation Nuclear stuffs to pakistan during broad day light? what did obama do regarding this? he did nothing and yet he won F&^@king nobel prize for peace. is china any less offender here?

This is after the fact , India has nukes for 4 decades and now completing the nuclear triad a total failure by NPT treaty to not have India included in some way . India is the first non P5 nation to complete a nuclear triad.

johnee

why should India do anything ?? It's not India's concern.
I am merely pointing out that India does not seem to be in a position to do anything. Also, its not entirely true that it is not India's concern because what will happen(or will not happen) to Iran will have impact on Indian economy as well. :)

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It was not so much that they deserved it. Ironically, the bombs dropped on those 2 cities helped shorten the war and avoided the probable massacre of more lives on both sides (allies and Japanese) from an Allied invasion in the mainland... If you were in Truman's shoes, would you have sent instead thousands of American youths to certain deaths in the hands of Japanese military and civilians determined to offer their lives for their Emperor when you know there's a weapon that can avert this?

Minh

biased........................ whatever suite theirs interests.
Sorry to disapoint but Vietnam don't trust US, we just want nuclear civilians use only we do not have the capability for WMD and we do not want to be like NK.

I hope my country concentrate on ecomics and internal structures.

Country flag
Can I ask you a simple question-why did Japan deserve it more than Germany??

HeinzGud

Country flag
Israel is a nuclear power with an unofficial estimate of 200 warheads as much as UK has they are not defenseless in anyway.
There's a saying that "If Israel let down there weapons there will be no Israel and if the Arabs laydown their weapons against Israel there will be peace in ME"

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
One more war, and US would definitely become bankcrupt, I personally think, US should just mind its own business, atleast till it economically recovers...
This time around USA is not going to put their soldiers on the battle ground. They are going and have been trying to bring Saudi Arabia and her allies of GCC in direct war against Iran. Obama is not Bush and he will do the same what was done in Libya. USA and her allies will more likely end up selling the gadgets to them. This is how it should have been in my view in 1991 and 2001. It is much more complicated than a straight forward as most of forum writers think.

In this war games Russia and China will also end up seller of all thy can do reap the benefits while it lasts.
My main concern is the flare up of sectarian violence which will be the worst thing to happen for the humanity. What ever is going on in Syria is part of the same game.

It is the Saudi Arabia Kingdom going to pee in their pants once Iran acquires the nukes.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles