Europe takes bold step toward a ban on Iranian oil

HeinzGud

Country flag
I have no problems with the US, Russia, China having nuclear weapons. I have problems with all the rest of the World having those weapons. Can you imagine Sri Lanka having a nuclear weapon? Bangladesh? (I know their economic situations will not permit them to have one at the moment, but what if they insist on having nuclear weapons?) Nuclear weapons for everyone! Anybody?
What's wrong with that Sri Lanka is seeking a way to introduce nuclear power to Sri Lankan electricity system around 2025 if the economy and policies allow it. Even if Sri Lanka wants nukes who is India to stop us being from doing it? Sri Lanka has all the legal rights to have nuke just like India!

like i said, every body has equal rights to own a sword to protect themselves. mullah country or arab country or communist country comes later.
So a monkey should be given a sword to protect itself!

When all countries acquire nuclear weapons, SL and Bangladesh will have us by our throats.
even though I do not support nuclear Iran I do not want the west interfering or threatening them.
Why ?? jealous of little competition! so India wouldn't be able to poke nose to our business?

Country flag
Iran does not have to nuke anybody to destabilise the World economy, it just need to posses them and periodically dispense threats to Amreeka and the neighbors... Mind you if Iran is nuclear armed, Iraq, Saudi, Syria and practically everybody else there with petro dollars will want to have some also... Just imagine the spectre of these countries trading "I'll nuke you to oblivion if you touch my nose!" Never mind actual use of these weapons...

Saudi Arabia already has nukes indirectly from Pakistan. Once the genie was out of the bottle this scenario was bound to happen. For many countries like Pakistan it is a status symbol and gives them relevance and a bargaining chip. Iran is a NPT signatory as was North Korea how has this treaty helped to prevent nuclear proliferation??

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
What's wrong with that Sri Lanka is seeking a way to introduce nuclear power to Sri Lankan electricity system around 2025 if the economy and policies allow it. Even if Sri Lanka wants nukes who is India to stop us being from doing it? Sri Lanka has all the legal rights to have nuke just like India!

So a monkey should be given a sword to protect itself!
just like you said, sri-lanka has all rights to have n.weapons, yes.. even a monkey too has rights to own a stick.

Country flag

so a monkey should be given a sword to protect itself!

Why ?? jealous of little competition! so India wouldn't be able to poke nose to our business?

Nuclear energy and Nuclear weapons are two different things. If Sri lanka wants Nuclear energy and IAEA and NSG are ok with it that's fine but if Sri lanka wants weapons to threaten India then what is wrong with India using nukes first to prevent it??

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
SL having nuclear weapons? Whatever happened to NPT

johnee

I think nukes are not a right, its a privilege to be earned. And the nation with nuclear capabilities needs to be mature enough to have that capability. Rogue nations or nations with low threshold must not be allowed to acquire nuclear capability. Strictly speaking, no nation with nuclear capability wants other nations to acquire this power. Countries strong in conventional military areas also do not want militarily weaker nations to acquire nukes. Conventionally weaker nations want to get hold of nukes as a deterrent against any potential aggressors.

If Libya had nukes, may be Muammar Gaddaffi's fate would have been different. Iran, therefore, has its legitimate concerns in trying to acquire nukes. However, that does not mean the rest of the nations(specially India) needs to support their nuclear ambitions. I dont think India needs a nuclear Iran.

As for US 'worried' about nuclear ambitions of 'rogue' Iran and its 'bad impact' on the world: What does the same US have to say about nukes of a biggest rogue nation called Pakistan? US turned a willful blindeye while China transferred the nukes to Pakistan. But now, they say they are worried about 'nuclear ambitions of rogue nations'. US is all hypocrisy. They change narratives as it suits them.

In conclusion, US has its narrative which is hypocritical. Iran has its objectives which are not in Indian interests in long term. So, what should India do? or better still, what can India do?

I think India will and can do nothing.

PS: Whenever the US(or west) talk of nukes, I am reminded of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
NPT is biased.

only big 5 can have nuke and nobody else should have nukes? :bs:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Actually in another thread (don't remember which) I actually suggested a radical idea. Strike a bargain with Iran that makes it come under US protection as far as nukes go. Remember a hard line KSA is also under US protection. Egypt, Jordan all of whom fought against Israel once are now jolly good with each other under one common friend.

You do understand that the current US allies in the region want nothing to do with Iran, or Iran with them, especially Israel. I don't know how the US can entertain Iran while coddling the rest of its allies in the region.

HeinzGud

Country flag
just like you said, sri-lanka has all rights to have n.weapons, yes.. even a monkey too has rights to own a stick.
But this monkey is a APE called homo sapiens sapiens

Nuclear energy and Nuclear weapons are two different things. If Sri lanka wants Nuclear energy and IAEA and NSG are ok with it that's fine but if Sri lanka wants weapons to threaten India then what is wrong with India using nukes first to prevent it??
Well having nukes and threatening other countries are two different things!

Anyway Iran should be more opened to the world on this matter!

Country flag
I think nukes are not a right, its a privilege to be earned. And the nation with nuclear capabilities needs to be mature enough to have that capability. Rogue nations or nations with low threshold must not be allowed to acquire nuclear capability. Strictly speaking, no nation with nuclear capability wants other nations to acquire this power. Countries strong in conventional military areas also do not want militarily weaker nations to acquire nukes. Conventionally weaker nations want to get hold of nukes as a deterrent against any potential aggressors.

If Libya had nukes, may be Muammar Gaddaffi's fate would have been different. Iran, therefore, has its legitimate concerns in trying to acquire nukes. However, that does not mean the rest of the nations(specially India) needs to support their nuclear ambitions. I dont think India needs a nuclear Iran.

As for US 'worried' about nuclear ambitions of 'rogue' Iran and its 'bad impact' on the world: What does the same US have to say about nukes of a biggest rogue nation called Pakistan? US turned a willful blindeye while China transferred the nukes to Pakistan. But now, they say they are worried about 'nuclear ambitions of rogue nations'. US is all hypocrisy. They change narratives as it suits them.

In conclusion, US has its narrative which is hypocritical. Iran has its objectives which are not in Indian interests in long term. So, what should India do? or better still, what can India do?

I think India will and can do nothing.

PS: Whenever the US(or west) talk of nukes, I am reminded of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
why should India do anything ?? It's not India's concern. USA/NATO had Iran surrounded in
the East and West(iraq and afghanistan).This is a gamble or a bluff which can go horribly wrong. many say oil spectulators are playing up this scenario?? If Pakistan and India have nuke and are non NPT members it is useless to participate. During the Bush deal if we were recognized as a nuclear weapon state and given NSG membership things would be different but we don't need to be involved. If Iran is attacked they will still pursue nukes until they have them 5 or 10 years from now and they will use the attack as the excuse at that time.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
don't you want a stick to protect yo family and kids?
You'll be surprised to know that these sticks are the least that will protect you. Just like the logic of American gun lobby is not actually working out as how they're advertised.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
even India went through sanctions taking a heavy toll on its economy; we tested N. for survival and we still got hammered by sanctions. but now everybody respects India.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
You'll be surprised to know that these sticks are the least that will protect you. Just like the logic of American gun lobby is not actually working out as how they're advertised.

whatever makes one protective against bullies and enemies.

HeinzGud

Country flag
every living thing in the world has right to self-defense
Yes they do! but the problem here is the method Iran uses as a self defense method could be also used as a sheer aggression towards a Israel.... Iranian leader hates Israel and he wants the Jews dead................. according to you if Hitler wanted a nuke would you accept it to be developed for the self defense for Germany!

Country flag
But this monkey is a APE called homo sapiens sapiens

Well having nukes and threatening other countries are two different things!

Anyway Iran should be more opened to the world on this matter!
They feel threatened by the nuclear powers USA/NATO of an attack and destabilization of the nation leading to regime change. I hope intelligence is good and Iran does not have a nuke that could be used as a desperation move.

Param

Hypocrisy is everywhere not just the US. US cares about US interests just like we care about our interests.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles