Europe Future demography

Galaxy

Country flag

It is clearly Muslims changing the demography in Europe.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Compared to North America, South is far more 'indigenous' in its population profile.
The Spaniards conquered the South AFAIK....the indigenous people don't really have a say there.

KS

Bye bye DFI
The Spaniards conquered the South AFAIK....the indigenous people don't really have a say there.
No man I meant that while in US and Canada the natives were completely massacred and white population replacing them completely, the South has a much more assimilation of native and European cultures especially in Brazil,Uruguay, Bolivia and the Andean countries. The only comparable countries to US and Canada in South are probably Argentina and Chile.

parijataka

Country flag
It is clearly Muslims changing the demography in Europe.
While Europe worries itself about its immigrant Muslim population, xtian missionaries are erasing the age old cultures in Africa and Asia with industrial efficiency! In Africa the number of xtians is increasing while that of Muslims is decreasing (will try to post the link for this). Europeans are expecting that any immigrant or asylum seeker will leave his cultural baggage behind and become European in his outlook overnight! Glad they are getting a taste of their own medicine!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is no doubt that the demography is changing in Europe.

In so far as Africa and Asia is concerned, there is no doubt that there is a concerted effort by both the Christian and the Muslims clergy to increase their band of followers.

To this end the last Pope's statement of harvesting of souls and also the spread of Saudi Wahabism is of note.

On the issue of culture and tradition, one wonders if globalisation is the real catalyst that is nibbling away at the 'old culture' (whatever that means).

I don't think the Europeans expect that immigrants will shed their culture as soon as they touch the European shores. But maybe they feel uncomfortable when some section of the immigrants want their culture to supersede the local culture. It is the same angry feeling that many exhibit here about evangelism being thrust in India or the attempts by Wahabis to convert or the massive influx of illegal Bangladeshis into India and changing the demographic pattern in the border areas of Assam and Bengal.

Imperialists of yore could impose their culture on the colonies because they were the rulers. However, the immigrants are at a disadvantage since they are not rulers, most of them being economic refugees and at the mercy of the country they have emigrated to.

It is like forcing Indian religious rites and law in Muslim countries where the Indians go for work. They live their lives there and yet they cannot become citizens of the country. And they are subject to Islamic Laws like the Sharia.

I think it is a very complex issue that has pro and cons on both sides.

Last edited:

johnee

I read this somewhere: A new white American missionary is ardent to come to India to 'harvest souls'. He was asked what was his personal motivation. He replied that it provided him with an employment opportunity. Also, he believed that xtianity would decline in west(Europe and US)in the future and would be taken over by other religions. Meanwhile, if they could proselytize the Asia, then these Asian xtian countries could re-proselytize the west(US and Europe).

Reactions: KS

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I believe Hinduism and Buddhism has had immense influence on the people of the West in recent times!

In fact, Yoga is so popular that not only the evangelist Churches and even the Muslim clergy has taken exception that it was a subtle way to convert the people to the Hindu way of life, even if not converting them in a religious form!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I believe Hinduism and Buddhism has had immense influence on the people of the West in recent times!

In fact, Yoga is so popular that not only the evangelist Churches and even the Muslim clergy has taken exception that it was a subtle way to convert the people to the Hindu way of life, even if not converting them in a religious form!
Most people in the West don't associate yoga with religion, except for the hard-line religious right who is often ignored.

The Eastern religions are becoming more popular because many in the West are getting tired of the traditionalism and increasingly anti-progressive stance of mainstream Christianity. When I say 'anti-progressive', I am referring to the church's stance on leading social issues in the West such as birth control and gay rights.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes I was talking about the evangelist Churches.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
What exactly is the reason for this hatred for Europe?
If it's about the colonial period, let me tell you the working class Euopeans had nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Why should their working class suffer because of the actions of their elite?
A colleague of mine, white guy, upper middle class, a medical doctor (went to Harvard), would often go into a rant about the British in India (Raj is the establishment name he was referring to I believe). What outraged him, giving an example, would be a butcher (i.e., working class) and his family would would lord it over their Indian servants and puff themselves up in this manner. At home they would not be able to afford the servants, obviously. His point then was the working class would exploit the natives in a more pernicious manner than the Queen herself. Don't know where he got his attitude. E.M.Forster?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I'm not the one saying that Europeans are alcoholics who abuse their kids...

If I had to choose between hiring an Indian or hiring a Euro, in most cases I would hire the Indian, simply because the Euros have a culture of work avoidance and entitlement that invariably leads to low efficiency. I have lived and worked in the West, I know the differences between Indian work ethic and Euro work ethic.
Could it be that work avoidance came along with unions?:rolleyes:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
It is not racism. It is nationalism.

Only India is supreme rest are there to be conquered and should be conquered. This will always be my philosophy.
Well, better India than China.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Where is their boat, then?
Judging by the fact that the sea is right behind them in the background, I would say that they are a raiding party that had recently disembarked. I'm sure that you could find a longboat nearby, though that particular picture does not include it.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
They more or less are limited within their reservations and the assimilation with the white anglo-saxon/European is limited in North America while its more in South America.
Yes, but some parts of South America are more 'white' than others.

Argentina and Chile are almost entirely white with minimal native admixture. Brazil and Venezuela are mixed between whites, blacks, mulattoes, mestizos, and natives ('mulattoes' have mixed white-black ancestry and 'mestizos' have mixed white-native ancestry). The countries with the largest native populations are the Andean nations that were once the heart of the Inca Empire: Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia.

In general, however, most Latinos from Mexico to Tierra del Fuego tend to be mestizos. Very few Latinos have 'pure' ancestry, except for very recent immigrants.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Yes, but some parts of South America are more 'white' than others.

Argentina and Chile are almost entirely white with minimal native admixture. Brazil and Venezuela are mixed between whites, blacks, mulattoes, mestizos, and natives ('mulattoes' have mixed white-black ancestry and 'mestizos' have mixed white-native ancestry). The countries with the largest native populations are the Andean nations that were once the heart of the Inca Empire: Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia.

In general, however, most Latinos from Mexico to Tierra del Fuego tend to be mestizos. Very few Latinos have 'pure' ancestry, except for very recent immigrants.
I have mentioned it here

the South has a much more assimilation of native and European cultures especially in Brazil,Uruguay, Bolivia and the Andean countries. The only comparable countries to US and Canada in South are probably Argentina and Chile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles