Eurofighter-Weapon of mass construction.

Twinblade

Country flag
A brilliant and unbiased documentary by BBC on eurofighter. A must watch for every aviation enthusiast just for the sheer amount of awesome footage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Now, I don't feel bad about LCA Tejas delays :D

In any case, Eurofighter is a good fighter and a worthy MRCA selection if India chooses it.

p2prada

Pluses:

It goes to show how difficult it is to make aircraft, especially in such large consortiums. I guess that's one reason why the US still controls everything in the F-35 program. Lucky for us our demand is near 100% of the workshare instead of all that 30% 13% nonsense.

Pretty good clips of their assembly plant.

Diplomatic answers from pilots.

Minuses:

The videos, sadly, only criticize the Germans. It is a BBC documentary after all. I find it funny how one of them criticizes the F-22 program for being late while the reason it was canceled was because it was ahead of it's time and was currently not required. The EF isn't ahead of it's time, F-22 and PAKFA programs were going on at the same time albeit at different stages.

Developer nonsense like it is the best aircraft yada yada.

They brought the Rafale in, but completely forgot the Gripen program. I like the way how they make a subtle hint at the Gripen program when he said they did not fly the EF in Dubai because the Gripen crashed early on. I guess if they mentioned Gripen, it would have been difficult to explain the reason why EF continued while Germany may have hinted at a Gripen type aircraft instead.

No reference to the engines at all, except for a background speech by the Italian pilot and the reported Spanish crash.

Overall a good video, for newbs.

Damian

But F-22 was not cancelled. Production line is mothballed so if this will be nececary they will restart production... heh, it is even uncertain if they really close the line, because there are plans to send F-22's back to factory for modernisation. Only my two cents.

p2prada

But F-22 was not cancelled. Production line is mothballed so if this will be nececary they will restart production... heh, it is even uncertain if they really close the line, because there are plans to send F-22's back to factory for modernisation. Only my two cents.
Gates canceled the follow on batch. I was referring to that.

We won't know what will happen for certain for quite some time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles