EU wants India, China to join Iran oil embargo.

Should India join the Iran Oil embargo?

• Yes,Absolutely.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No,Never.

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Tough choices ahead. We can not rely on coal completely. There is a massive coal shortage already.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India must switch to mass nuclear power to save its environment and achieve energy independence.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
India must switch to mass nuclear power to save its environment and achieve energy independence.
Oil isn't the only concern India has with regards to iran. It is also an ideological counter to wahabi nutjobs and other regional interests in central asia.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
A democratic Iran would be better for us but i dont see where we can go for oil if not Iran...They offer us good credits to i think...

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I am done with Islam, i have sided with the gangsters of NATO take your pick.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Yes, we need guarantees from the west on oil supply and then we can with draw, its still to risky and i dont see our netas haveing the balls to ditch Iran. Iran does not even allow Indian cars to be sold in Iran i think..

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
Looking at the current economic situation of US , the american public wont allow for a war, but as we all know, american democracy is run by bankers not public. If a Iran war happens, the already ruined america will ruin even more, paving the way for new economies to take the new role even sooner. I personally think CIA and FBI agents would already be there. Anywyas as far as India is concerned MMS better show some spine, which I highly doubt he even has...

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Looking at the current economic situation of US , the american public wont allow for a war, but as we all know, american democracy is run by bankers not public. If a Iran war happens, the already ruined america will ruin even more, paving the way for new economies to take the new role even sooner. I personally think CIA and FBI agents would already be there. Anywyas as far as India is concerned MMS better show some spine, which I highly doubt he even has...
Sanctions are never for instant effects, its only meant to slowly break their back and soften them up in say another decade. Then it would be easy to go in.

Minh

It sux being the big boys eh? I say screw the EU, others country needs to developed too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The attack on Iran will come in 6 months time when nations have gotten off the reliance of Iranian oil. If you aren't smart enough to take the hint now, you are going to suffer a major problem when the taps run dry.
The problem is, Iran has already calculated this. I am not talking about their stupid mullas, but rather their strategic division. Remember, while defeating them won't be a problem militarily, you and rest of NATO will start a world war for no reason. With its last hope of resisting an external invasion, Iran will launch missiles into the Gulf countries that supply most of the oil to the rest of the world on this side. Think about the ruckus that would cause. Most people living in Gulf are expatriates that will suffer and mostly it is our people. This would naturally put pressure on our government to take action against Iran for a reason that they're not directly responsible for.

Trust me, this won't be pretty. The same for Chinese whose oil supplies would be affected from Iran and they would rather go much more aggressive and would target NATO more than Iran. NATO is not in a condition to fight China head-on.

With prices of oil going through the roof, NATO will only invite military retaliation against itself. Iran as of now has that advantage. While they might ultimately lose the war (due to their limited military), they will ensure most economies are under severe crunch. All while European countries will totally collapse. Nuclear energy for electricity around cities is fine, but oil is needed for almost everything else; transport, supplies, fuel burn, aviation industry, mass transit etc.

Do you even know what would a war directly against Iran escalate into?

Even if we and the Chinese do join the embargo, it will be hell for this region while USA will be sitting tight on oil from Venezuela and Canada.

Don't look at what US will gain; see what we including Europe and Asia will lose.

Last edited:

noob101

^^^^^^^^I agree with you, strategically even if Iran were to get nuclear weapons it wont be much of a threat to India... as there are no shia terror groups that target India that I am aware of so a nuclear weapon falling into hands of those who want to hurt us is minimum... Plus as we all know oil suppliers to India are limited so an oil embargo will hurt our economy

Global Defence

New threads

Articles