Establishment plotting to kill me: Asma

Blackwater

ISLAMABAD: Renowned Pakistani human rights activist Asma Jehangir on Monday night said that the country's powerful security establishment was planning to get her killed using one of the many jihadi outfits operating in the country.

She spoke out on a couple of primetime talk shows; stating that the establishment particularly a sensitive agency – was upset with her for picking up cudgels for the Baloch people and speaking out against the role of the security establishment in the restive province of Balochistan.

Ms. Jehangir went public with her fears after an "information-leak from a responsible and highly credible source." Alarmed by this leak, leading members of Pakistan's civil society said: "What makes the reported conspiracy to liquidate Asma Jehangir especially serious is, firstly, the environment of target-killings, in which dissident persons' dead bodies are being dumped all over, and, secondly, the fact that the finger of accusation has been pointed at the extraordinarily privileged state actors."

In a statement issued through the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, they said this is not a conspiracy against one individual alone but a plot against Pakistan's future as a democratic state. "We wish to make it clear to all and sundry, especially those who preside over the security apparatus, that they must not under-estimate the consequences of any harm being caused to the life of Asma Jehangir."

Her security has apparently beefed up following the threat but this is of poor consolation; given how former Punjab Governor Salman Taseer was assassinated by someone from his own security detail.

Establishment plotting to kill me: Asma - thenews.com.pk

Blackwater

Democratic republic of congo ,ohhh sorry i mean pakistan

:lol::rofl::rofl::laugh:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles