Economy to grow at 6.1-6.75% in 2013-14: Economic Survey

arya

Country flag
NEW DELHI: According to the Economic Survey, the Indian economy is likely to grow at 6.1-6.75 per cent in 2013-14.

The government on Wednesday tabled the Economic Survey in Parliament.

As per the Economic Survey, inflation may decline to 6.2-6.6 per cent by March.

The survey pitched for a hike in price of diesel and LPG to cut subsidy burden.

The Economic Survey also called for curbing import of gold to contain current account deficit.

The annual report on challenges facing the economy was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.

links Economy to grow at 6.1-6.75% in 2013-14: Economic Survey - The Times of India

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Economic survey's have become a Joke in this UPA administration.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I trust Rahguram Rajan and believe he would not bend backwards like other economists to please Madam.

sob

Mod
Country flag
On Monday there was a panel of economists on HT, Bibek Debroy, Arun Shourie, Bahrgava of Maruti and some other, I cannot recall now, the most optimistic growth tatrget from them was 5.5% with inflation between 6to 7%.

I would rather go with these gentleman than the figures touted by the GOI.

For the last three years our PM, FM (Pranab Da and PC both) and Montek Singh have said innumerable no of times that the inflation will fall in the next 3 months. We still have not seen it fall below the 5% comfort level of RBI till date. This same people were touting 6% growth for this year as late as December, and have conveniently forgotten about it.

ganesh177

Country flag
Lot will depend on monsoon. And realistic figure i wud propose if 5.5-6

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles