DRDO should focus on areas where it has capacity to deliver: PM

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
People need to see Manufacturing plants too..

These are the main reason for degraded products and Slow speed Manufacturing..

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
When you give DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) a job to develop green toilet or tiny things, some inefficiencies or delays are expected!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Why giving more money if its whole structure, work culture etc are flawed!!

Even if we give 35Billion i can bet my head that they will deliver the same they are delivering now, that is nothing.

Instead of showing PPT's of some alien stuffs just make something we need the most.
You see there are flaws that is absolutely true, But one cannot discard Indigenous capability coz it have flaws..

One need to correct flaws, If one try to progress help should be provided..

'Without Indigenous capability India can never take fight in this era '

35billion is nothing compare to What China is doing for its Indigenous programs, Even coping takes expensive expenditure..

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
DRDO should be awarded contract for Indian Borders.... Like BSF....

It is well understood indigenous capability needs to be enhanced.... but only if it is capability and not a huge disability.

Last edited:

pmaitra

When you give DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) a job to develop green toilet or tiny things, some inefficiencies or delays are expected!
They have the choice to say, "Sorry, we cannot help you with that project, because we have more pressing issues."

plugwater

You see there are flaws that is absolutely true, But one cannot discard Indigenous capability coz it have flaws..

One need to correct flaws, If one try to progress help should be provided..

35billion is nothing compare to What China is doing for its Indigenous programs, Even coping takes expensive expenditure..
I am not discarding anything!! But i get pissed whenever people try to delay defence procurement by trusting DRDO.

Change should come from the organisation itself, for that they are doing anything ? NO.

DRDO has not done anything to justify the funds it gets even now, so why more fund ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Why don't they go public & ask for money?

Projects will be delivered on time if you have shareholders to answer to.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I am not discarding anything!! But i get pissed whenever people try to delay defence procurement by trusting DRDO.

Change should come from the organisation itself, for that they are doing anything ? NO.

DRDO has not done anything to justify the funds it gets even now, so why more fund ?

DRDO is not the one always behind delays but bureaucracy and corruption in MOD..

How you know that ? I am sure they do and they have been doing ..

All BM, Nuclear Sub, Hand grenade, Thermal Sights, NBS suits lot more, Indian army cannot protect with imports, It have to be inside..

That is why more funds for research and development of County defense..

-------------------------------------------------------

My words might be not in best interest of many in MOD..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Why don't they go public & ask for money?

Projects will be delivered on time if you have shareholders to answer to.
That is not how things are done in Our country does it ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ok lets give our money to foreign country, they will help protect our border, may be they will send in their own soldiers to shed blood for us for money.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
That is not how things are done in Our country does it ?
Some professionalism is not too much to ask for. I don't believe it is absent in our countrymen & if it isn't there, they should start seeding it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some professionalism is not too much to ask for. I don't believe it is absent in our countrymen & if it isn't there, they should start seeding it.
That is good but its very unlikely this will go..

Even they go, Do our Gov like that move ?

pmaitra

ok lets give our money to foreign country, they will help protect our border, may be they will send in their own soldiers to shed blood for us for money.
Mr. Sayare,

I am willing to dump money on existing projects that are almost complete but have issues to be sorted out. I am completely in favour of dumping money on imported weapons, for which projects have to started fresh if done domestically. Imported weapons have helped protect our borders in the past, and I don't see why we should not dump money in imported weapons. Just my humble opinion.

plugwater

DRDO is not the one always behind delays but bureaucracy and corruption in MOD..

How you know that ? I am sure they do and they have been doing ..

All BM, Nuclear Sub, Hand grenade, Thermal Sights, NBS suits lot more, Indian army cannot protect with imports, It have to be inside..

That is why more funds for research and development of County defense..

-------------------------------------------------------

My words might be not in best interest of many in MOD..
You are talking as if DRDO has not delayed anything!!

Any proof ?

Only BM i can agree with you, other things you mentioned wont win you wars!!

yes its MOD mistake to trust DRDO!! They should ve shut DRDO down long back!!

KS

Bye bye DFI
Ok lets not castigate DRDO beyond what they deserve...:)

I think why they have failed on many projects is because they bite more than they can chew. Also the armed forces, especially the Army is also to be blamed for certain delays.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
That is good but its very unlikely this will go..

Even they go, Do our Gov like that move ?
They should work like any other commercial organization. Their productivity will only help Govt's image, there isn't anything to like/hate about it.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Mr. Sayare,

I am willing to dump money on existing projects that are almost complete but have issues to be sorted out. I am completely in favour of dumping money on weapons, for which projects have to started fresh if done domestically. Imported weapons have helped protect our borders in the past, and I don't see why we should not dump money in imported weapons. Just my humble opinion.
sir in past we didnt have tech, now we can make most of the things.

I for one done like to export shirts and cloths and import fighter jet and other defence tech in return.

pmaitra

sir in past we didnt have tech, now we can make most of the things.

I for one done like to export shirts and cloths and import fighter jet and other defence tech in return.
Agree in principle. Practically speaking, we are not self reliant with weapons. We are doing the best we can. We have ToT on quite a few projects, but not all technologies will be made available to us. So we will have to keep it balanced, and respect our deadlines.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
First thought reason the headline was a total :troll:

What is the Drdo capable of?

Missile series is the only thing that Drdo has succeeded in. I guess that was a result of some good rocket scientists in India.

Everything else has been hit by delays, quality issues under performance etc.

Actually te country should ask the PM, why his government has failed to involve Indian industry on a massive scale into defence sector than depending just on Drdo?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles