DRDO plans advanced missiles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Results ? Go through MOD reports..

You will find your self not wrong but very wrong, Your argument is around mostly masala reports about few failures what hyped by cheap Media which are nothing but entertaining BS and Only people who takes them seriously are either fools are uninformed less educated on the subject..

Nonsense!! Why should i try ? Of course i will find it difficult, i am good at what i do like that i would expect so called scientists working in DRDO should be good at what they are working on. Just making comments like it is difficult to do so wont help at all.

Btw these 300 kms range missiles are not first of its kind.
I am judging from their results, which is only talks nothing else.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
DRDO only plans :p

People who believe in DRDO are either delusional or plain stupid.
PW your post

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...agni-v-missile-test-launch-16.html#post473994

IMO most of the technologies they have in Agni5 are already testing in monthly prithwi tests which we may have considered those tests as useless
so you are giving option based on what ? you must have believe in what you are saying.

:rofl:

Please restrict your comment for yourself and dont judge other members of this forum.

Prove me wrong!!
go through this MOD report for year end 2012.

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Agni-5 launch tops MoD's year-end review report

agentperry

First complete 25km range Akash upto operation standards then talk about 300KM , What happened to Trishul ? don't act like zaid hamid DRDO talking in air
akash is under production and deployed along pakistani borders. trishul is abondoned long back and instead india is going for maitri and barak ng for sam of small and long range

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
akash is under production and deployed along pakistani borders. trishul is abondoned long back and instead india is going for maitri and barak ng for sam of small and long range

Thanks is there any chances of converting Astra missile into SAM ? even AAD ashwin missile into SAM?:rolleyes:

agentperry

Thanks is there any chances of converting Astra missile into SAM ? even AAD ashwin missile into SAM?:rolleyes:
the firing of astra from ground and hitting long range targets validates the potency of the weapon to act as LR SAM but its upon the drdo to undertake such task. i recall on excerpt from a drdo publishing that such plan is there but ultimate aim to to develop astra as an AAM and later on they might convert it to a SAM but initially they are going on for developing host of air launched missiles because- 1) they are required in huge nos.
2) they have battlefield utility much more than anyother missile system. one can actually use them to gun down enemy unlike tactical missiles like prithvi or brahmos.
3) its the only field which is very dynamic in todays world and uncompletly neglected by drdo

DivineHeretic

Country flag
One thing I've noticed with the akash sam is that the launcher carries three missiles.Assuming that 2 are fired for a bogey,won't the system be overwhelmed if a strike package targets anything defended by it?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
One thing I've noticed with the akash sam is that the launcher carries three missiles.Assuming that 2 are fired for a bogey,won't the system be overwhelmed if a strike package targets anything defended by it?

support vehicle moves with the launcher

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Thanks.
Even so the time taken to reload the missiles is perilious at best.coz the range of the missile is a limited 25km, a moments distance for a fighter.
Wouldn't it make sense to have higher nos. in ready to launch mode?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Thanks.
Even so the time taken to reload the missiles is perilious at best.coz the range of the missile is a limited 25km, a moments distance for a fighter.
Wouldn't it make sense to have higher nos. in ready to launch mode?
developer said best part of making the whole system in India is that we can change it at very short time, we can modify the way we like it. Same is not possible with foreign systems.

it is network centric system and it moves like this

more info here
http://www.akashsam.com/

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Another Q : are IRST systems available to sam systems.In the modern era of anti radiation missiles where active detection can be vey risky,especially for the forward sam ubits,these passive systems might be able to identify targets safely,as well as support the active radars in a battlefield system

Shirman

Country flag
Another Q : are IRST systems available to sam systems.In the modern era of anti radiation missiles where active detection can be vey risky,especially for the forward sam ubits,these passive systems might be able to identify targets safely,as well as support the active radars in a battlefield system
Not sure but ground based IRST ? Ok where and how it is placed/ or integrated to the SAM system. Till now we have seen IRST on board Fighters/interceptors. I understand ur point on active detection being risky u mean ground based IRST connected to a command and control center of a ground based passive radar system. Till now Passive radars such as Kolguchas, Vera-e, Tamara r there in the market but i guess none of them have IRST on board nor r connected to it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles