DRDO plans advanced missiles

sasi

The Hindu : States / Andhra Pradesh : DRDO plans advanced missiles
Indian missile technologists are planning to develop a host of advanced missiles, including a low-weight nano missileand a long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) with a range of 300 km.
SILVER JUBILEE FETE
This was disclosed here on Monday by Avinash Chander,Chief Controller ( Missiles and Strategic Systems), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) at a function organised to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of Hardware-in-Loop Simulation (HILS) facility at the Research Centre Imarat, a key missile laboratory of DRDO.
Lauding the achievements of HILS during the past 25 years, he said RCI had developed advanced technology of avionics, including navigation systemsand was now on the verge of developing navigation on chip, telemetry on chip, seeker on chip and entire avionics on a single board.
Referring to Akash surface-to-air missile system, he said the nextaim was to develop a 300 km range SAM. Besides, it was also planned to develop air-to-surface missile having a range of 400 km and air-to-air missile of 300 km range. Other world class systems, including underwater, cruise, sub-sonic and supersonic missiles would also be developed.
KALAM'S PRAISE
Former President and founder-director of Research Centre Imarat, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, who was the chief guest, praised RCI's contribution to the country's missile programme.Mentioning about convergence of technologies, he said when nano technology and ICT meet, integrated silicon electronics and photonics emerge and it could be said that material convergence would happen. Convergence of bio, nano and information technologies could lead to development of nano robots.
RCI director, S.K. Chaudhuri, gave an overview of the work done at HILS. He said it was established for evaluation of flight systems, sub-systems and onboard mission software and integrated missile system performance from pre-launchtill its impact. HILS has transformed itself into a frontier aerospace technology for performance evaluation of flight systems.
L.G. Akopyan, Designer-General-Deputy General Director of Moscow ResearchInstitute also spoke.
Earlier, Mr. Kalam visited HILS, virtual reality lab and other facilities.
/

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
First complete 25km range Akash upto operation standards then talk about 300KM , What happened to Trishul ? don't act like zaid hamid DRDO talking in air

Bheeshma

Were you sleeping when Army and AF placed orders for Akash? After extensive testing that no other foreign SAM had to go through? 300 Km will be the LR-SAM based on Barak-II and AAD. It is already in the works. The MR-SAM should cover 70-100 Km segment.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
well done to RCI-drdo ..... like isro and rci we can extend the success to other areas - keep pointing them to these two , and perhaps a handful of others

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
First understand what i meant & then jump , Akash been ordered by Air force & Army are they fully satisfied with the missile platform ??

Trishul project was closed in 2008

AAD/PAD doing well as per the news published

Now DRDO has made a tall claim with a quantum jump from 30 to 300KM SAM , do u think this is true or possible ??

May be insane people like you will buy this , which i respect :sad::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

plugwater

DRDO only plans :p

People who believe in DRDO are either delusional or plain stupid.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That will depend on successful interceptions, as for Akash the version ordered has a high rate and operational in IA ..

----------------------

Regarding 300km SAM, Its already ready as its a Sling Shot project from Advanced Air Defense (AAD) itself.. >>

Due to two successful interceptor missile tests carried out by India, the scientists have said that the AAD missile could be modified into a new extended range (up to 150 km (93 mi)) surface-to-air missile that could be possibly named as 'Ashvin'
But now this Missiles will enhanced and can be modified for 300-400km range with ramjet etc, In this sence you are looking into a 50% Complete System what left is is the modification on existing Akash radar and T-72 based launch platform, Not just a Claim..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
people might make fun of our scientists, but desi scientisits are beaming with confidence lately.
sir those who make fun of our own people dont have confidence in themselves, it is quite easy to buy something from outside but it is very difficult to make it here. If someone is doing that, these people make sure that they do it :tsk:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
One advantage of having home made System that they can be modified anytime with the needs at hand unlike with imported systems..

Also tot helps alot as the same tech can be implemented in our own projects and systems..

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
One advantage of having home made System that they can be modified anytime with the needs at hand unlike with imported systems..

Also tot helps alot as the same tech can be implemented in our own projects and systems..
Thanks for your info is there any chances of Astra being converted into short range SAM , Similar to isreali Spyder concept :rolleyes:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Thanks for your info is there any chances of Astra being converted into short range SAM , Similar to isreali Spyder concept :rolleyes:
yeah with added stage it can go to 200 km, assuming its range is about 100km.

plugwater

sir those who make fun of our own people dont have confidence in themselves, it is quite easy to buy something from outside but it is very difficult to make it here. If someone is doing that, these people make sure that they do it :tsk:
Problem is these people are not making sure that the product is delivered on time.

Why is it difficult to make it here ? If it so why making false promises which eventually causes delay in defence procurement.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Problem is these people are not making sure that the product is delivered on time.

Why is it difficult to make it here ? If it so why making false promises which eventually causes delay in defence procurement.
sir try making one and you will know.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There are no plans for Astra as Short-Medium range SAM coz there is already an competition going for Short range SAM..

And we have Akash for Medium range..

plugwater

sir try making one and you will know.
Nonsense!! Why should i try ? Of course i will find it difficult, i am good at what i do like that i would expect so called scientists working in DRDO should be good at what they are working on. Just making comments like it is difficult to do so wont help at all.

Btw these 300 kms range missiles are not first of its kind.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Nonsense!! Why should i try ? Of course i will find it difficult, i am good at what i do like that i would expect so called scientists working in DRDO should be good at what they are working on. Just making comments like it is difficult to do so wont help at all.

Btw these 300 kms range missiles are not first of its kind.
therefore dont be judgmental about them

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles