DRDO faces severe backlog on projects

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Major projects of the DRDO, including light combat aircrafts (LCA) and airborne early warning system, are running behind schedule by up to 13 years.

This information was furnished in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday by defence minister AK Antony in response to questions. Giving details, he said the probable date of completion of LCA Phase-II is up to March 2015 as against the original schedule of December 2008 while that of airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) system to March 2014 from October 2011.

Similarly, the probable date of completion of naval light combat aircraft (LCA Navy) Phase-I is December 2014 as against March 2010 and that of long range surface-to-air missile (LR-SAM) to December 2015 from May 2011.

In case of aero-engine Kaveri, the date has been extended within the sanctioned cost and scope. The original date was December 1996 which has been revised to December 2009.

Antony said reasons for delay include ab-initio development of the state-of-the art technologies, non- availability of trained and skilled manpower in respect of ab-initio development projects and non-availability of infrastructure/test facilities in the country.

As far as construction of submarines is concerned, Antony said, "There is delay, which has been attributed to delay in procurement of construction materials."

The project is being closely monitored by the ministry of defence and the Indian Navy to complete it without any further delay, he said, adding "detailed information cannot be divulged in the interest of national security".

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Or even Chilli Spray MK2 Version , Even Pepper spray MK1 Version:thumb:

Coalmine

Country flag
DRDO has to work in paper thin budgets and lot of bureaucratic hassless as well army and airforce that demoralises it. And even govt is not interested in its restructuring to achieve greater indigeniousness.
Dont always blame DRDO.

arya

Country flag
DRDO has to work in paper thin budgets and lot of bureaucratic hassless as well army and airforce that demoralises it. And even govt is not interested in its restructuring to achieve greater indigeniousness.
Dont always blame DRDO.
every one is so expert in blame game , force is blaming govt and burocates , drdo blame force .

Friend let stop this game they should understand there role they have to do lots of defence work not some stupid spray.

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Forget the blame game its part and parcel of human life , my question is should premium defence & reasearch establishment work on Chilli & Pepper spary in first place

If yes , which other country defence reasearch house is doing the same?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
DRDO is an amalgamation of different labs. You are mixing up the work of life sciences division which make requested products for soldiers living in dificult terrrain and climatic condition where ordinary off the shelf personal use products are not made by consumer goods industry,with the other labs which make fighters and tanks and missiles.

The chili spray for women could have been an off shoot of a personal care item made for soldiers.It also makes many tasty food products for soldiers stationed in difficult conditions. If some one sends you to Siachen with biscuits only as food for six months you would know the value of these products.

But this chili spray is not made by tejas design team or Arjun design team!!!!. They were made by other labs of DRDO whose mission is to develop these products for soldiers.

They are very different arms in scope and operation. WIPRO sells software as well as sun flower oil. TATAs make chemicals, tea and cars and cabins for helicopters along with software. Does anyone ridicule them for that?

Last edited:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
DRDO is an amalgamation of different labs. You are mixing up the work of life sciences division which make requested products for soldiers living in dificult terrrain and climatic condition where ordinary off the shelf personal use products are not made by consumer goods industry,with the other labs which make fighters and tanks and missiles.

The chili spray for women could have been an off shoot of a personal care item made for soldiers.It also makes many tasty food products for soldiers stationed in difficult conditions. If some one sends you to Siachen with biscuits only as food for six months you would know the value of these products.

But this chili spray is not made by tejas design team or Arjun design team!!!!. They were made by other labs of DRDO whose mission is to develop these products for soldiers.

They are very different arms in scope and operation. WIPRO sells software as well as sun flower oil. TATAs make chemicals, tea and cars and cabins for helicopters along with software. Does anyone ridicule them for that?
Hello Sir

What is DRDO doing in supplying troops in siachen is obsolutely top class , the laboratory is in mysore i have been there & pls don't teach me more about that

The thread is about delay in DRDO projects has anything been done on the project management? now they come up with chilli spray im sure army will not ask for pepper spray & chilly spray may be if people like u are in army then they will

If WIPRO & TATA had produced chilli spray we would have had no issues , DRDO being a premium organization should concentrate on national security projects & Armed force oriented project not spray this is my point

If u have any problem with that pls go to another thread , don't troll here:wave:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
How can LR-SAM be pushed back that far when Israel is developing it?

limit_sky

They are not allocating manpower and resources for faster development.
They have their own priorities and this project is placed lower in their list for the same.

On a lighter note Israel might be coordinating with us in developing Chili spray mk.2

They may also have got their priorities wrong and may be an advice or two from you would help.( as mentioned by you in other thread ) ( "Su35 Deal To Be Signed 1 Apr" thread)

Last edited:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Oh again its u im sorry , let me explain LRSAM is joint project Co-owned by IAI & DRDO co-funded
so partner in equal can push for speedy completion of projects , im not sure how it is in france but this is the practice in India:hail:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Hello Sir

What is DRDO doing in supplying troops in siachen is obsolutely top class , the laboratory is in mysore i have been there & pls don't teach me more about that

The thread is about delay in DRDO projects has anything been done on the project management? now they come up with chilli spray im sure army will not ask for pepper spray & chilly spray may be if people like u are in army then they will

If WIPRO & TATA had produced chilli spray we would have had no issues , DRDO being a premium organization should concentrate on national security projects & Armed force oriented project not spray this is my point

If u have any problem with that pls go to another thread , don't troll here:wave:
very respected sir,

I have no problems with any delays in DRDO projects. Some defence journos in their 30s have the fancy notion of all the top brass and scientist of DRDO are sitting around chilli spray project and delaying other projects like ARJUN and LCA.I just called their juvenile reporting style as stupid.

if the thread is about "delay in DRDO projects has anything been done on the project management? "why invoke chilli spray here? No wipro are TATA will ever produce any worthwhile defence stuff until the much delayed DRDO produce the tech and pass it on them with production methods, because they have to protect the investments.What I intended to say was that many branches of many organizations are involved in projects allocated to them .

If one branch of DRDO delays one projects , the chilli spray branch has no relation to it. From producing regular stuffs to soldiers they would have stumbled upon this pepper spray or chilli spray stuff , and they would have taken the oppurtunity of marketing it. that,s all. Many of the advanced composites developed for the missile program by DRDO are today being used in many fields of artificial implants along with many health care applications. Now will people also say what business DRDO has in these sectors?

the reasons for the delay in projects like LCA and ARJUN is being debated to death in respective threads on this forum.So you can take a nice holiday from this grueling troll calling job, which you have taken upon yourself..

Last edited:

limit_sky

very respected sir,

I have no problems with any delays in DRDO projects. Some defence journos in their 30s have the fancy notion of all the top brass and scientist of DRDO are sitting around chilli spray project and delaying other projects like ARJUN and LCA.I just called their juvenile reporting style as stupid.

if the thread is about "delay in DRDO projects has anything been done on the project management? "why invoke chilli spray here? No wipro are TATA will never produce any worthwhile stuff until the much delayed DRDO produce the tech and pass it on them with production methods.What I intended to say was that many branches of many organizations are involved in projects allocated to them .

If one branch of DRDO delays one projects , the chilli spray branch has no relation to it. From producing regular stuffs to soldiers they would have stumbled upon this pepper spray or chilli spray stuff , and they would have taken the oppurtunity of marketing it. that,s all. Many of the advanced composites developed for the missile program by DRDO are today being used in many fields of artificial implants along with many health care applications. Now will people also say what business DRDO has in these sectors?

the reasons for the delay in projects like LCA and ARJUN is being debated to death in respective threads on this forum.So you can take a nice holiday from this grueling troll calling job, which you have taken upon yourself..
AFAIK the chili spray in contention is a off shoot of one of such program.

DRDO is developing stun grenades using Bhoot jolokia chilis ( one of the hottest in the world) to immobilize suspects.

Now isn't that a useful development?
http://http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2010/0330/India-adds-world-s-hottest-chili-pepper-to-its-anti-terrorism-arsenal

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
very respected sir,

if the thread is about "delay in DRDO projects has anything been done on the project management? "why invoke chilli spray here? No wipro are TATA will ever produce any worthwhile defence stuff until the much delayed DRDO produce the tech and pass it on them with production methods, because they have to protect the investments.What I intended to say was that many branches of many organizations are involved in projects allocated to them .

Thanks for knowledge transfer & complements

And i have opened the thread and have linked the chilly spray episode on my will u are nobody to tell me what i have to do and what i should not if u have any problem call up MODS or STHU

If u have no problem with DRDO delaying it doesn't mean even we sit like u like :drunk:

I will debate further on this issue here if u have any problem pls get lost

HEILTAMIL

Dont worry, we will develop weapons of mass destruction greater than any other nation in the world, and will propogate peace and mutual co existence just like we did in the past couple of thousand years, i see it coming.

my India always is worlds reckoning.

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
AFAIK the chili spray in contention is a off shoot of one of such program.

DRDO is developing stun grenades using Bhoot jolokia chilis ( one of the hottest in the world) to immobilize suspects.

Now isn't that a useful development?
http://http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2010/0330/India-adds-world-s-hottest-chili-pepper-to-its-anti-terrorism-arsenal
You are absolutely right these invention are top class , DRDO should concentrate on Armed force & defence related projects they are meant for that be it developing a small pin to a ICBM for armed force

Why should they go into chilli spray for civil use? , don't we have other players to do that is my question if any dumbo has problem with my question then its not my problem

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Thanks for knowledge transfer & complements

And i have opened the thread and have linked the chilly spray episode on my will u are nobody to tell me what i have to do and what i should not if u have any problem call up MODS or STHU

If u have no problem with DRDO delaying it doesn't mean even we sit like u like :drunk:

I will debate further on this issue here if u have any problem pls get lost
SO you are the pulitzer prize winning journo who linked the chilli spray to DRDO project delays!!!!. :toilet:Thanks for linking such complex tech developments .

I just thought that your opening post was from one of those jackass defence journos and retorted. if it is your own writing , I have no problems with that.

It is time for me to get lost, since I am not a senior scientist my understanding of the subject will be less than yours I think:hail:.

Last edited:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
SO you are the pulitzer prize winning journo who linked the chilli spray to DRDO project delays!!!!. :toilet:Thanks for linking such complex tech developments .

I just thought that your opening post was from one of those jackass defence journos and retorted. if it is your own writing , I have no problems with that.

It is time for me to get lost, since I am not a senior scientist my understanding of the subject will be less than yours I think:hail:.
See i know about you people since im from neighbouring state , u are one bunch of unemployee lazy fools who beg for Rs.2 or free rice from CM
if she gives it u call he Amma or else u call her dancer

Again let me be very clear , im not a defence expert or a scientist but im pretty sure im not a unemployee lazy scum bag like u & your fellow TN state men , of my little knowledge i have linked the spary thing here in the thread if u have problem complain to MODS & close the thread
or else go and cry in Street for UNHRC resolutions against war crime of your so called lilly white LTTE babies :thumb:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Knock it off you guys. If you don't have anything good to contribute, stay out of the thread

Global Defence

New threads

Articles