DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
we don't even have exact pictures. in test video also firing of 1st stage has been removed. what they are trying to hide??.also why k4 exhaust nozzles are different??
To say you truly I don't even know what k-4 looks like though video of test is shown.
Also way of launching is too different maybe they used it just for test, but defense decode man in YouTube said it was tested from arihant or some sort of.
So, why this way of launch?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Let me give a description of Kfour based on what i know

1. 1st stage

Solid fuel , flex nozzle

2. Interstage 1/2

3. 2nd stage

Solid fuel , flex nozzle

4. Interstage 2/3

a. Contains a pair of vents for gas generators to create a bubble for transition through water.

b. Contains 2 pairs of heavy thrusters arranged parallel to each other and equidistant from the centre. They fire moments before the missile breaks the water surface to propel the missile into the air and the missile is lifted to a safe predetermined height from the water surface.

5. Nose fairing ( contains the 3rd stage which is part of payload bus ).

Sequence of events associated with Kfour launch

1. Gas generator fires

2. The obturator pushes the missile out of the silo

3. As soon as nose is clear of silo , the gas generator in the interstage 2/3 fires through the 2 gas vents to create a bubble around the missile surface as the missile is being pushed upwards by the obturator.

4. As the nose breaks the water surface ,the 2 pairs of heavy thrusters in the interstage 2/3 fires to lift the missile clear of the water into the atmosphere . It travels to a predetermined height.

Note : I am of the opinion that the 2 pair of heavy thrusters in 2/3 interstage are not used till burnout . Those thrusters keep enough fuel as reserve to use during later maneuvers as per requirements eg highly depressed trajectory etc.

5. Then the 1st stage fires to carry the missile to the desired altitude

6. After burnout of 1st stage , it gets seperated along with the interstage 1/2 .

7. Then the 2nd stage fires to carry the payload further.

8. After burnout of 2nd stage , it is discarded along with the interstage 2/3.

9. Then the 3rd stage fires, nose fairing discarded just before that , the 3rd stage comprises of reaction control system (RCS) and velocity trimming module (VTM) , it is part of the payload bus . All events associated with 3rd stage happens in space.

10.The payload bus maneuvers in space to allow for accurate positioning of payload bus for accurate dispersion of RV(s).

11.The RV(s) are released.

Note : Kfour uses fins as control surfaces , since it is not known where exactly , i am inclined to believe they are used in the RV(s).

As usual readers discretion is advised .

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Let me give a description of Kfour based on what i know

1. 1st stage

Solid fuel , flex nozzle

2. Interstage 1/2

3. 2nd stage

Solid fuel , flex nozzle

4. Interstage 2/3

a. Contains a pair of vents for gas generators to create a bubble for transition through water.

b. Contains 2 pairs of heavy thrusters arranged parallel to each other and equidistant from the centre. They fire moments before the missile breaks the water surface to propel the missile into the air and the missile is lifted to a safe predetermined height from the water surface.

5. Nose fairing ( contains the 3rd stage which is part of payload bus ).

Sequence of events associated with Kfour launch

1. Gas generator fires

2. The obturator pushes the missile out of the silo

3. As soon as nose is clear of silo , the gas generator in the interstage 2/3 fires through the 2 gas vents to create a bubble around the missile surface as the missile is being pushed upwards by the obturator.

4. As the nose breaks the water surface ,the 2 pairs of heavy thrusters in the interstage 2/3 fires to lift the missile clear of the water into the atmosphere . It travels to a predetermined height.

Note : I am of the opinion that the 2 pair of heavy thrusters in 2/3 interstage are not used till burnout . Those thrusters keep enough fuel as reserve to use during later maneuvers as per requirements eg highly depressed trajectory etc.

5. Then the 1st stage fires to carry the missile to the desired altitude

6. After burnout of 1st stage , it gets seperated along with the interstage 1/2 .

7. Then the 2nd stage fires to carry the payload further.

8. After burnout of 2nd stage , it is discarded along with the interstage 2/3.

9. Then the 3rd stage fires, nose fairing discarded just before that , the 3rd stage comprises of reaction control system (RCS) and velocity trimming module (VTM) , it is part of the payload bus . All events associated with 3rd stage happens in space.

10.The payload bus maneuvers in space to allow for accurate positioning of payload bus for accurate dispersion of RV(s).

11.The RV(s) are released.

Note : Kfour uses fins as control surfaces , since it is not known where exactly , i am inclined to believe they are used in the RV(s).

As usual readers discretion is advised .
Do any BALLISTIC missile in the world uses gases to create bubble while traveling through water?

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
jag cockpit then vs nowView attachment 41986
Oh god! Older cockpit awfully looks like the older cessna's,

I guess,better late than never...

One task is over but another challenge is waiting for the jag fleet,

Onetime,retired jag pilot vk thakur jokingly said about ,
"if one of the engines flamed out,the second engine will take to the crash site"

Gotta upgrade the engines,ASAP

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
in k4 gas generator is fitted in the missile and thrusters are also present at the same spot whereas in western slbm gas generators are present in submarine tubes itself .this shows that k4 has very odd design well it also has some advantages that launch tubes need to carry small gas generators and it also adds a bit of thrust.

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Different techniques by different countries but working principle same ie create a bubble of gas to reduce hydrodynamic resistance / load

Soviet

US

France

India

notice that Soviet missile uses both tractor rocket attached to the nose fairing like k15 as well as thrusters present at interstage like k4 so it uses mix technique of both k15 and k4 very unique.

Kuntal

Country flag
Hey @Kuntal willing to model K4 ?

It will surely grab headlines but i am kind of afraid we could get into trouble.

We could do for private distribution and put a disclaimer that the design concept is imaginery lol
Sure. It won't take much time. But I have no picture of it other than the old video.

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles