DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India has nuclear stockpile. India simply does not talk but about it. India produces 2000kg of plutonium every day from its phwr reactors from indigenous uranium. That is about 500 bombs every year. India has enough plutonium to make large number of bombs by now.
I think India has substantial consumption in nuclear energy. It will have even more when it starts to operate 10-15 nuclear submarines as planned.
Who decides need? You do? Any weapon is not needed when there is no war. But when there is war, every weapon will be needed. Obviously, ICBM is unnecessary when there is no war. But we make it to be used when war happens. So, what is your logic in saying there is no need to test? We will need every weapon possible and we must get it. Period.
Between every war and peacetime, there is a period of great tensions. ICBM will have to be tested when tensions to this degree are there.

If you notice, you will see that I was replying to that retard who thinks giving code names of London & Washington to small islands and bombing them brings any kind of glory to India.
How is that? Are you saying if west does suicide attack, China will be ruined? That is true. But then the west will be completely destroyed.
Any attack by West on China or vice versa is a suicide attack. Collective west however instead of US alone may win by a considerable margin but they won't be able to sustain their dominance as leading powers thereafter.

Once again, that idiot claimed that west is scared of China because of ICBM. Fact is China has much more than ICBM. ICBM is just a part of this.
Just testing an ICBM won't land India into league of PRC. A lot lot of aspects and contexts are needed to lead the world.

Compersion

Country flag
is there like a particular reason for why DRDO (if not some of its entities) cannot be listed on the Bharat Stock exchanges?

the oil majors are mostly and all listed on the stock exchange - on a matrix and value of national security importance (i.e. supply of oil and more). Coal India, Maruti Suzuki, and even MTNL (monopoly, efficiency, critical sector). Perhaps first need to see what is done with Air India - not sure if the minds are at work (even the airline - Singapore Airlines Ltd. is listed).

Vijyes

I think India has substantial consumption in nuclear energy. It will have even more when it starts to operate 10-15 nuclear submarines as planned
India is now getting imported Uranium which means that it will be under observation to prevent use in bombs. So, even if nuclear power increases, plutonium generation will remain confined to Indian uranium usage. Also, usage in submarines will not give good quality plutonium as PHWR reactor is needed for plutonium generation. Submarines have PWR reactors to make it compact.

According to Indian usage of indigenous Uranium in PHWR reactor, India should be having 25-30 ton of plutonium by now. Each bomb needs 4kg plutonium as the main core. This will mean 6000-7000 bombs potentially. So, India already has enough fissile material for plenty of bombs.
Between every war and peacetime, there is a period of great tensions. ICBM will have to be tested when tensions to this degree are there.

If you notice, you will see that I was replying to that retard who thinks giving code names of London & Washington to small islands and bombing them brings any kind of glory to India.
We need to first test ICBM yo validate the Technology. The political posturing can come later. If Technology is not validated, there is no point in posturing as failure in the test can be embarrassing.

We need to have confirmed capabilities instead 9f hoping that the simulation of capabilities hold true.

I wouldn't recommend naming London or Washington as that is silly.
Any attack by West on China or vice versa is a suicide attack. Collective west however instead of US alone may win by a considerable margin but they won't be able to sustain their dominance as leading powers thereafter.

Once again, that idiot claimed that west is scared of China because of ICBM. Fact is China has much more than ICBM. ICBM is just a part of this.
Just testing an ICBM won't land India into league of PRC. A lot lot of aspects
Collective west means USA + Uk + France and few other non-major west European countries, Australia and Canada.

Chinese still are having more population and industrial size than these countries combined.

Vijyes

is there like a particular reason for why DRDO (if not some of its entities) cannot be listed on the Bharat Stock exchanges?

the oil majors are mostly and all listed on the stock exchange - on a matrix and value of national security importance (i.e. supply of oil and more). Coal India, Maruti Suzuki, and even MTNL (monopoly, efficiency, critical sector). Perhaps first need to see what is done with Air India - not sure if the minds are at work (even the airline - Singapore Airlines Ltd. is listed).
DRDO is a research organisation, not a company that produces any goods or services. You can't list such entities as they are not profit making ones but meant for long term Technology and knowledge enhancement

IndianHawk

Country flag

Listed companies need to made their decisions public and to provide information to market about plans and products and fundings.

DRDO has to do lot a uber secretive work and can't be bothered with such drama.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

porky_kicker

Country flag
List of projects which is being worked on , R&D stage ( officially no data exists )

1. Ekranoplane ( ground effect vehicle )

2. Super cavitating torpedo

3. Hybrid air water ballistic missile ( don't know what that means but it is not SLBM )

4. Light weight and high efficiency hybrid rocket packs for enhanced mobility of soldiers in mountains. Water will used as a oxidiser. Multi use.

5. Autonomous soldier bots

6. Coherent beam technology for 100KW DEW.

7. 3D imaging sonar

8. Gigawatts range Reltron based HPM device

Etc

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
LMAO bro ye kya Chutiyapa he.

This seems more practical

Nowadays I don't even feel like replying.

Do you seriously think the contraption you posted is going to last 1 second under even before crashing even in low cross winds ?

Do you have idea about wind state in mountains , sometimes so high wind speeds that it blow your underwear away and you cannot do anything .

Also how is a soldier supposed to maintain balance in that unless he trains in a circus ?

Do you even understand the role of the pack ?

It is not for flying but for hopping across large crevices , barriers , cliffs etc etc with full battle load.

Seriously

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
LMAO bro ye kya Chutiyapa he.

This seems more practical

DRDO will not complete the project beyond drawings, they copied it from a james bond movie...
upload_2019-6-24_23-30-16.jpeg

The chap below gets 12-15 mins of airtime on his jet pack, which is useless in a military scenario...

IndianHawk

Country flag
DRDO will not complete the project beyond drawings, they copied it from a james bond movie...
View attachment 35923
The chap below gets 12-15 mins of airtime on his jet pack, which is useless in a military scenario...

There are not talking about flying but enhanced mobility. With 12-15 minutes airtime. Soldiers of special units could climb up the mountain much faster. Probably that's what they have in mind for now.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Do you seriously think the contraption you posted is going to last 1 second under even before crashing even in low cross winds ?

Do you have idea about wind state in mountains , sometimes so high wind speeds that it blow your underwear away and you cannot do anything .

Also how is a soldier supposed to maintain balance in that unless he trains in a circus ?

It is not for flying but for hopping across large crevices , barriers , cliffs etc etc with full battle load.

Seriously
Are bro gussa kyo hote ho.
I've always appreciated your posts without making any snarky remarks.
My reply was in a comical way I didn't meant to offend you. I apologise.

Enquirer

Seriously
This is like witnessing two comic book fans arguing if Superman is better or Spiderman!
Turns out both were fans of Spiderman, one was only mocking the other superhero! :)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
There are not talking about flying but enhanced mobility. With 12-15 minutes airtime. Soldiers of special units could climb up the mountain much faster. Probably that's what they have in mind for now.

Nothing wrong in ideating, just that fanboys should not get their hopes up...

porky_kicker

Country flag
Please no need for apology , did not take it as offensive or like that, actually I should be apologizing.

No gussa on my part

Guess mosquitoes and load shedding got the better of me and the irritation ended up reflected in the reply without me intending it.

And sorry If I sounded harsh or something like that. I never meant it to sound that way.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag

Yes

Well I ain't batting for the thing but that could help a lot if delivered.

They are proposing to use water as oxidiser and aluminized propellant . Thereby minimising weight. Water is available almost every where

During Kargil initial assaults took heavy casualties during crossing and climbing so................

Project is not by DRDO , proposal is private initiative, DRDO funded it

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
My dudes, what does this mean?

He further said that the Indian Air Force was in the process of making a 5th Generation Light Combat Aircraft and the prototype of the same would be ready in 10 years.

https://zeenews.india.com/india/iaf-upgrading-mirage-2000-eyeing-5th-generation-lca-2213914.html

USAF cadets designed a stealth drone in house. Is he talking of an in house design effort?

https://warisboring.com/u-s-air-force-cadets-are-building-a-stealthy-drone/

AMCA is medium weight not light weight!

no smoking

Country flag
It can. Adding additional stage or a stronger booster calculating better parabolic path & trajectory, it can.
Of course it can, North Korean already proved that. But the reliability would be a problem. Adding a new booster is not as easy as adding a carriage to the train. There is a lot system integration work need to do otherwise most of your rockets will fail to reach the target.

Agreed about accuracy part only. India is more than good with heat shields and mission control electronics.
It took each of P5 years to design a new ICBM RV. Heat shields material is just one of the issue, the right shape of shell, the posture control, etc, etc. All these issues need to solved in high speed, high temperature and elec-magnetic complexity environment.
As I said, you can't simulate such environment in your lab, you will only know what the problems you are gonna to face by shooting a ICBM. So far, India hasn't done this kind of test yet.
There is no doubt that Indian scientists can fixed these problems. But the claim that they can finish it within months is laughable.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
According to Indian usage of indigenous Uranium in PHWR reactor, India should be having 25-30 ton of plutonium by now. Each bomb needs 4kg plutonium as the main core. This will mean 6000-7000 bombs potentially. So, India already has enough fissile material for plenty of bombs.
I'm still wondering. 6-7k bombs of which size? 500kT blast yield or 50kT?
We need to first test ICBM yo validate the Technology. The political posturing can come later. If Technology is not validated, there is no point in posturing as failure in the test can be embarrassing.

We need to have confirmed capabilities instead 9f hoping that the simulation of capabilities hold true.

I wouldn't recommend naming London or Washington as that is silly.
I'm saying again. The period of direct belligerence is what induces you to posture. Indo Western relationship for whatever reasons is still not that hot. Testing a global range ICBM sends unnecessary hostile message.
It should be tested when tensions elevate.
Collective west means USA + Uk + France and few other non-major west European countries, Australia and Canada.

Chinese still are having more population and industrial size than these countries combined.
I guess total firepower matters here and not population. Obviously people aren't going to fight by swords, wait common people aren't going to fight. These are militaries.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles