DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

no smoking

Country flag
India of 2019 is far far more powerful than that of 1971. It can give unacceptable damage to any great power.
To China? Yes.
To Russia/Europe? Highly unlikely.
To USA? Absolutely not.

And even if India hadn't tested a global range ICBM just before war, that doesn't mean India will fail to use it during war if needed. Technology is matured.
I don't think so. There is a big gap between technical bricks and operational weapon. During cold war, it took all P5 more than 5 years to mature the ICBM. With the tech progress and sufficient fund, India probably can do this within several month. But the target countries of this Indian ICBM can only be USA and Russia. Both countries, however, can wipe out the Indian nuclear/missile R&D facilities within days. In other words, there is no chance that India can develop this strategic weapon during the war.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
To China? Yes.
To USA? Absolutely not.
No it is. Gap between economic & military capabilities of India & great powers was much much bigger back in 70s.
I don't think so. There is a big gap between technical bricks and operational weapon. During cold war, it took all P5 more than 5 years to mature the ICBM. With the tech progress and sufficient fund, India probably can do this within several month. But the target countries of this Indian ICBM can only be USA and Russia. Both countries, however, can wipe out the Indian nuclear/missile R&D facilities within days. In other words, there is no chance that India can develop this strategic weapon during the war.
I repeat, ICBM isn't a technical challenge. It will actually initiate testing in form of a small launch vehicle from this year on.

It's as prone as other systems to American & Russian offensives. Third, without involving nuclear weapons since start, no they can't "wipe out" Indian facilities. They will receive a major damage what they won't get from Iran.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
To China? Yes.
To USA? Absolutely not.
Actually this is a fact. I case of war India has no capability to attack/damage mainland USA. In this case even north Korea is ahead of us.

Even after 1971 we Indians haven't learned our lessons.

To deal with west you need to speak from position of power (eg China, NoKo) Only then they will listen. otherwise they will always treat you like their slave.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Actually this is a fact. I case of war India has no capability to attack/damage mainland USA. In this case even north Korea is ahead of us.

To deal with west you need to speak from position of power (eg China, NoKo) Only then they will listen. otherwise they will always treat you like their slave.
Unless the war goes nuclear USA also doesn't have much capacity to hurt Indian mainland also.

India can wipe out anything near our shores.
At best USA can fire long range cruise missiles from distance. It's aircraft carriers will have to stay away of bramhos + su30 range which is over 2000km. So aircrafts from carrier won't be able to operate against India from such distance.

Not to mention India will decimate diagogarcia.
And no matter what American can do in water they can never land on Indian costs. If they do Normandy would look like a joke when 25 million armed Indian defense forces will toy with their poor white little guys.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
To China? Yes.
To USA? Absolutely not.

You think war will start one day and will go nuclear? Have you ever actually studied a war.

First war between usa or India is absurd as their is no enmity neither a terrorial issue. Even if some issues comes up war takes preparation. USA will need huge force to even put a decent challenge to India. Anything less then 6-7 aircraft carriers groups will be laughed at . It will take months to prepare and more months to build up international opinion / morale / rationale.

This time shall be enough for India to test ICBM capable of reaching USA. I'm pretty sure design are already ready just waiting to be put together and tested once political approval is given.

IndianHawk

Country flag

We learned 1971 lesson . It was a soviet nuke sub which rendered an entire carrier group useless against india. That is why we 2-3 nuke SSBN in water and SSN in design phase and a Russian SSN in operational service.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Unless the war goes nuclear USA also doesn't have much capacity to hurt Indian mainland also.

At best USA can fire long range cruise missiles from distance. It's aircraft carriers will have to stay away of bramhos + su30 range which is over 2000km. So aircrafts from carrier won't be able to operate against India from such distance.

And no matter what American can do in water they can never land on Indian costs. If they do Normandy would look like a joke when 25 million armed Indian defense forces will toy with their poor white little guys.

That should be 2.5 million. Bloody Tapatalk !

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power

First of all war between India and USA is highly unlikely but we must be prepared for any eventuality. Hence requirement of Agni-6 ICBM.

Only Agni-6 can save us in case of (unlikely) war against USA.

How? Lets look at possibilities of war scenario.

Those layman who are unfamiliar with US-Indian war simulation games please read following.

The invasion will take place in following 3 stages.

First stage:
USN completely destroys IN

USN destroys all Indian navy ships within first few days of war. We may launch some Brahmos and destroy few US ships but in reality USN has more ships than number of Brahmos we have.

However this too would be unnecessary as mighty silent US subs would destroy entire IN. Then CSG will enter Indian waters.

Second stage:
Rain of fire

Hundreds of missiles will fall on IAF bases and SAM sites. F-22, F18 and F-35 will finish IAF fleet rendering Indian skies completely empty for third and final stage.

Third & Final stage:
Destruction of ground forces

US stealth bombers will destroy all IA barracks, important installations, supply chains, Road networks, Bridges, ammo dump, etc.

And finally US marines and SF units enters mainland India and destroys whats left and takes control of territory.

Outcome Looks gloomy, No? but This is the sad reality that we live in. USA is fully capable of destroying mainland India in case of war however we can't even drop a single bomb on mainland USA.

Only one weapon can change outcome of this war simulation in our favor and that weapon, our Brahmasta is AGNI-6 ICBM.

AGNI-6 with either MIRV or MT warhead will make sure USA never even in their dreams imagine to attack India ever. This one single weapon will overnight make us a truly global power.

This is why it is crucial for India to test Agni-6. ASAP.

Chinmoy

Country flag
First of all war between India and USA is highly unlikely but we must be prepared for any eventuality. Hence requirement of Agni-6 ICBM.

Those layman who are unfamiliar with US-Indian war simulation games please read following.

First stage:

USN destroys all Indian navy ships within first few days of war. We may launch some Brahmos and destroy few US ships but in reality USN has more ships than number of Brahmos we have.

However this too would be unnecessary as mighty silent US subs would destroy entire IN. Then CSG will enter Indian waters.

Second stage:
Rain of fire

Hundreds of missiles will fall on IAF bases and SAM sites. F-22, F18 and F-35 will finish IAF fleet rendering Indian skies completely empty for third and final stage.

Third & Final stage:

US stealth bombers will destroy all IA barracks, important installations, supply chains, Road networks, Bridges, ammo dump, etc.

And finally US marines and SF units enters mainland India and destroys whats left and takes control of territory.

Outcome Looks gloomy, No? but This is the sad reality that we live in. USA is fully capable of destroying mainland India in case of war however we can't even drop a single bomb on mainland USA.

Only one weapon can change outcome of this war simulation in our favor and that weapon, our Brahmasta is AGNI-6 ICBM.

AGNI-6 with either MIRV or MT warhead will make sure USA never even in their dreams imagine to attack India ever. This one single weapon will overnight make us a truly global power.

This theory has not taken into consideration war dynamics. A flawed theory and scenario with lot of loop holes.

IndianHawk

Country flag

First stage:

Second stage:
Rain of fire

Third & Final stage:

It sounds like a comedy report . Lol.

You even realise what war takes. USA nuke subs will destroy IN and what will Indian nuke sub and Scorpion do? What will akula SSN do?

Mind you Scorpion is more Stealthy than noisy nuke sub of USA.

USA barely has 200+ operational capitol ship. It is striving to become 300 ship navy by 2034.

That data shows your stupidity. And how many can it deploy against India will it leave Pacific front empty , will it abandon its position in middle East and will it empty Atlantic Ocean to fight India. Lol.

Few hundred cruise missile means nothing in a war. Indian sky is to big and vast to USA to even dream to cover it.

F22 doesn't fly from aircraft carriers you idiot, how will it attack India? If they will base it in Pakistan we will blow up it on ground!

F18 will be shot down by our Sam missile. It is not really agile basically a bomber. It won't survive akash missile let alone MRSAM .

Anyway usa has total 11 carrier ( 1-2 always in maintainance ) so 9-10 are operational around the globe and they have some8-9 wasp class small carrier . All in all 20 ships with F35.

Out of which they might deploy 10+ against India in case of proper war. These will be primary target for bramhos and su30 MKI + our subs.

We have more than enough bramhos / dhanush / sagrika for them . They will be rendered useless with a barrage of missiles both from surface and from indian air force and from indian subs.

Meanwhile Indian ballistic missile will destroy infrastructure in diagogarcia , so where will USA ships base ? Where will they fuel ? They have no base in region outside reach of our missile ?

Ask a us general about war with India and he would sweat ! It is idiot like you who think usa can take on a major power thousands of kilometres away from home. They can't get courage to attack Iran which military wise is a puddle. Taking on India will be akin to fighting 9-10 iran together. Or 15-20 Iraq at one go.

Grow up.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
In this case even north Korea is ahead of us.
Care to explain.

There is no logic. US can easily intercept North Korean ICBMs and intimidate them immediately in Korean shores. Same isn't possible with India in Indian Ocean without receiving an unacceptable damage.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
what will Indian nuke sub and Scorpion do? What will akula SSN do?

Mind you Scorpion is more Stealthy than noisy nuke sub of USA.
6 scorpene vs 55 attack subs of USN. Yeah right!

Not to mention sub hunter planes and helis will be scouting entire Indian Ocean for scorpenes. And that too if France under heavy US pressure hasn't already pressed kill switches.

USA barely has 200+ operational capitol ship
US has 74 high-tech subs that is alone enough to destroy an india size country (if we add nuclear)

add 70 destroyers and 20 some frigates and hundreds of naval helicopters and top of that US marines have their own navy add that to mix and tell me where does IN stand against this monster?

And how many can it deploy against India will it leave Pacific front empty , will it abandon its position in middle East and will it empty Atlantic Ocean to fight India. Lol.
They have giant navy reserves with hundreds of ships, subs and ACs kept mothballed just for situation like this.

F22 doesn't fly from aircraft carriers
They will fly from Pakistan, bombers will come from Saudi/UAE bases. (Gosh, do I have to be that specific!)

F18 will be shot down by our Sam missile
Please read Second stage of attack by missiles where all our SAMs are neutralized.

Meanwhile Indian ballistic missile will destroy infrastructure in diagogarcia , so where will USA ships base ? Where will they fuel ? They have no base in region outside reach of our missile ?
Destroy Diago Garcia with what?

Cruise missiles? We don't have that range.

BMs? We don't have in numbers.

Ships? They will be sunken before it crosses Sri lanka.

Nukes? You know what USA can do to India right?

Also in our war game I haven't Included mighty forces of NATO that will join the fight in case of war. I have also not mentioned Pakistan who will jump in this golden opportunity to finish India once and for all.

This is why the only thing that can save India from this disaster is Agni-6 ICBM. Rest is just nonsense.

IndianHawk

Country flag
6 scorpene vs 55 attack subs of USN. Yeah right!

Not to mention sub hunter planes and helis will be scouting entire Indian Ocean for scorpenes. And that too if France under heavy US pressure hasn't already pressed kill switches.

US has 74 high-tech subs that is alone enough to destroy an india size country (if we add nuclear)

add 70 destroyers and 20 some frigates and hundreds of naval helicopters and top of that US marines have their own navy add that to mix and tell me where does IN stand against this monster?

They have giant navy reserves with hundreds of ships, subs and ACs kept mothballed just for situation like this.

They will fly from Pakistan, bombers will come from Saudi/UAE bases. (Gosh, do I have to be that specific!)

Please read Second stage of attack by missiles where all our SAMs are neutralized.

Destroy Diago Garcia with what?

Cruise missiles? We don't have that range.

BMs? We don't have in numbers.

Ships? They will be sunken before it crosses Sri lanka.

Nukes? You know what USA can do to India right?

Also in our war game I haven't Included mighty forces of NATO that will join the fight in case of war. I have also not mentioned Pakistan who will jump in this golden opportunity to finish India once and for all.

This is why the only thing that can save India from this disaster is Agni-6 ICBM. Rest is just nonsense.

Your doubling down on your stupidity . Why do then mighty USA has already destroyed little iran?

We have 16 ssk + 2-3 nuke SSBN already in water + akula SSN. You don't even know that it's hard to find a Scorpion then finding a nuke sub. Nuke sub are the noisy one.

F22 if based in Pakistan we will blow up that base. I wrote that line specifically in previous post because I knew you would hung up on such nonsense.

US aircraft carriers are useless against India they can't come closer than 1000km without su30 raining bramhos over them of which we already have more than hundreds in arsenal . 3-4 missile per carrier it will only take 40-50 to make them useless. F35 , f 18 can't operate from such distance so your brilliant war plane has failed before it begun.

Going nuclear means total annihilation for anyone. If USA goes nuclear against India you think Russia and others will wait for their fate at hands of USA ?? It will be ww3 . Nuke attack on India will tank global economy sending west into indefinite recession. Not to mention global food supply will be destroyed.

And like I said before it will take USA over a year to bring these submarine and aircraft carriers to Indian Ocean and to gain congressional approval to go to war with a nuclear power ( don't know if there will be idiots like you to approve it ).

This is more than enough time to mate live warheads with gslv missile. Since we will lack testing probably our new missiles will fall over few hundred km of target. But 100+ of them will make usa a nuclear wasteland for sure.

And I have not talked about 100+ ships the IN operates and then 2.5 million armed soldiers waiting to welcome American overlords as they land on our costs.

Your American fanboyism is crossing limits of rationality.

You know why American were sabotaged Russian cryogenic technology transfer to India in 90s ? Because unlike you they knew that having cryogenic technology already brought usa within Indian strike range. Demonstrating that is only matter of choice. Tests are done for accuracy.

Doesn't mean our missiles won't land in USA. They just won't hit precise targets if not tested enough. But who cares when we are going nuclear eh.

You think usa can bring all its force here? Leaving South China for China to grab ? Breaking treaties with Japan / Korea ? Breaking NATO commitment in black sea ? Leaving harmuz strait in Iranian control ? Leaving red sea to Egypt?

Look at those commitments and the number of ships they demand then come back here with what is left in US kitty. Talk about war. First learn about logistics.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Shouldn't go off topic with hypothetical scenarios ,US didn't interfere in 71 to help it's treaty partner but did show of power on our east coast,US primarily is a threat but it's not the same US of just after the cold war full of arrogance invading nations for so called human rights ,Its Public and it's army is going through fatigue ,the state dept and Pentagon are anti India bastions,the recent S400 & GSP issues have brought back the moot point that US doesn't care about India's core interests and is 2 faced whether it be DTTI drama or nuclear deal where many CIA assets celebrated it as something of a Landmark but we all know what bullshit it was, there is reasons why IAF wouldn't give contract to US ,only Russia , France and Israel didn't criticized India's nuclear tests should be considered as allies not the US MSM hype which calls india as an ally it is nothing but a hogwash

Global Defence

New threads

Articles