DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Very good information regarding emp.
Well tell me the damage it can make if the system is inducted.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
Most of the system's posted here have been made for conducting susceptibility tests , and for proving the core technologies required for building different types of operationally qualified HPM systems.

So most of the systems have very limited range and not enough power to over come attenuation , power dissipation so practically they are useless. Good only for lab experiments.

What is relevant is the same technology building blocks can be scaled up to produce the desired output efficiency and performance ofcourse within the usual constraints of SWaP.

the only system among the ones I posted which I think will end up primarily being used to build a mobile HPM DEW system is the DRDO one using MILO. The reasons for which I have explained in the post on MILO above.

Americans according to unclassified reports decades ago had developed mobile MILO based HPM system capable of beaming RF energy signals 2-3 GW for .5-1us pulse repititively ( pulses produced on demand unlike one shot systems ) which is more than enough to burn out the electronics of a high altitude airborne target completely even through guard metal cover rather than the usual induction of transient currents in the circuits.

Eg KALI 5000 is a one shot system with peak output at 40 GW can hit and distrupt LEO targets in space if modified to do so ( not possible practically, very bulky ) but will need to recharge to fire next shot which will take ~24 hrs or so.

To develop a operationally capable mil grade HPM DEW system DRDO will need 5-10 years from now. Depends on the urgency , if made a priority and more funding provided possible within 5 years in my opinion. It involves very complex technologies which needs to be home grown over a long period spanning decades.

Chinese have invested 40 years and billions of dollars as high as estimated 12 billion dollars.

I doubt if India has even invested half a billion dollar till date.

Badam ke dam me badam he milegana ?

Last edited:

itsme

Country flag
Still sucks, look at the trigger grip, wtf is that? No Quad rails or a provision to fix mods, the butt, the built quality everything sucks, why are these PSU guys so behind times?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Untitled6.jpg

DRDO pulse power system and coaxial vircator

Untitled8.jpg

Explosive driven HPM system for a EMP bomb ( posted as a example )

If one compares the 2 , both have same building blocks but with differences in the types of sub systems used.

So if DRDO has managed to develop the relevant sub systems with minimal SWaP form factor then one can be sure that we have a EMP bomb possibly little overweight at that in the first or second or ....... attempt. And if so hopefully by now they would have optimised it.

Reader discretion is advised

Last edited:

Enquirer

"Itna din sab so raha tha" not tha but the and Itna not but itne.
Though never mind words are only necessary for conversation and understanding. :biggrin2:
Arey yaar! Kyon uss bechare ki Hindi sudhaarne mein lag gaye! Lage haath apni angreji bhi sudhaar lethe! :)

Suchh bole tho, dhang ki Hindi North mein bhi nahin boli jaathi! North ke alag alag illakon mein grammer aur tense ka sathyanaash hota hain...par unke hisaab se saab thik hain!
Waise hum paidaishi South ke hain aur pale bhi South mein...North mein kabhi nahin rahen
Par mujse North waalon ki Hindi bardaasht nahin hoti ...jaise..."meine ye kara", "mujhe ye karna padi"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles