DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Flame Thrower

Both ISRO's DMRJ and DRDO's DMRSPS are independent projects with no cooperation between them whatsoever.
I really doubt so!!!

From outside stand point of view, it might look like that, but internal cooperation would be there.

If two labs are working on similar projects, they may not develop it together, but the cooperation would be there. They'd discuss on the problems, complexity, solutions applied, etc.

India had played a very important role in portaying that our space research and defense research are not same. We made sure that world believed that research on Pslv and Agni were different.

su30mki2017

Country flag
Just for info.

Isro’s Dual Mode Ramjet (DMRJ) engine—this uses both ramjet and scramjet engine technology designed to deliver supersonic and hypersonic speeds—successfully achieved Mach 6 (six times the speed of sound) speeds and put India in an exclusive club of four nations that have developed such capability.

The engine is a key part of Isro’s Avatar programme—a concept vehicle launch platform that can be reused, unlike the costly, less-efficient ‘expendable’ (single-use) platforms like PSLV.
DRDO'S
Material Challenges for Defence Applications

Chinmoy

Country flag
OFB bags deal to upgrade 300 guns

http://www.asianage.com/metros/kolkata/271018/ofb-bags-deal-to-upgrade-300-guns.html

Kolkata: Beating two private Indian weapon manufacturers, Kolkata-headquartered state-run defence manufacturer Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has bagged the defence ministry’s crucial contract to build 155 mm/45 caliber “Sharang” artillery guns to replace the existing Russian-made 130 mm M-46 artillery guns which have been in service in the Indian Army since 1968.
oZKpYL5.jpg

p1723250_-_main.jpg

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Uttam (is almost ready!/integration) will replace the hybrid PESA 2032 (which is current).
Source..... brf

Enquirer

Uttam (is almost ready!/integration) will replace the hybrid PESA 2032 (which is current).
Source..... brf
Why would it REPLACE the radar that's already in place? They paid $3 million a piece for that. Just because Uttam gets ready, they're going to remove that and dump them??

Tejas Mk1s will not be deployed at the Paki-China border area for combat! They'll just remain in Sulur base etc.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Why would it REPLACE the radar that's already in place? They paid $3 million a piece for that. Just because Uttam gets ready, they're going to remove that and dump them??

Tejas Mk1s will not be deployed at the Paki-China border area for combat! They'll just remain in Sulur base etc.
Bhai in future upgrade.... may be...............................

power_monger

Country flag
MPATGM user assisted trials to begin within 6 months!!
Could be. The most toughest part of mpatgm I.e seeker has been realized and tested in Nag missile. So mpatgm is left with testing of aerodynamic behaviour and maneuverability testing which IMO should not take much time with the experience DRDO has gained over years.

And VEM technologies as main development partner, prototyping should happen much quicker. Over in all DRDO has not been in good terms with army wrt no of products under induction. I hope mpatgm, qrsam and atags breaks that barrier.

Enquirer

Could be. The most toughest part of mpatgm I.e seeker has been realized and tested in Nag missile. So mpatgm is left with testing of aerodynamic behaviour and maneuverability testing which IMO should not take much time with the experience DRDO has gained over years.

And VEM technologies as main development partner, prototyping should happen much quicker. Over in all DRDO has not been in good terms with army wrt no of products under induction. I hope mpatgm, qrsam and atags breaks that barrier.
Actually the aerodynamics & maneuverability has already been tested - in a pre-programmed way (without the seeker).
All that's left is to test the seeker in conjunction with the missile i.e. the seeker outputs signalling the controls as opposed to the pre-programmed control signals.

Also, VEM might do the production assembly of the components (as a 2nd assembly line), but as of now there is no VEM involvement in the design/development of the missile.
Current development partner is BDL in conjunction with RCI, HEMRL, ARDE, TBRL & IRDE!

Last edited:

power_monger

Country flag
Actually the aerodynamics & maneuverability has already been tested - in a pre-programmed way (without the seeker).
All that's left is to test the seeker in conjunction with the missile i.e. the seeker outputs signalling the controls as opposed to the pre-programmed control signals.

Also, VEM might do the production assembly of the components (as a 2nd assembly line), but as of now there is no VEM involvement in the design/development of the missile.
Current development partner is BDL in conjunction with RCI, HEMRL, ARDE, TBRL & IRDE!
I think it was VEM involvement in miniaturization of seeker which has helped in reduced development time.VEM director had even claimed that they reduced the size of seeker by 1/5th.

In fact VEM has opened a unit worth around 120 cross to manufacture seeker.Complete seeker unit will be assembled in this unit.

I believe that at least seeker will be manufactured by VEM.

Last edited:

Enquirer

I think it was VEM involvement in miniaturization of seeker.VEM director had claimed that reduced the size of seeker by 1/5th.
Where did VEM get such expertise??
All they do is license building of Israeli and DRDO technology.

power_monger

Country flag
The Above video also shows the role of VEM technology in both NAG and upcoming MPATGM missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles