DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
VEM technologies 2.75-inch guided imaging rocket for surface to surface use (a model of the mobile launcher with raised optronic mast is visible in the picture)

and maybe air to surface use later on

2.75-inch laser-guided rocket.jpg

pras*un seng*upta mentions it as a laser guided rocket which i disagree because the picture clearly mentions guided imaging rocket

and he says it is a air to surface rocket which i also disagree since a model of the mobile launcher gives away its intended use as of now, later on maybe it will have air to ground variant.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
an unidentified guided rocket from VEM technologies

it looks to have a imaging seeker and most probably an air to ground rocket , not sure though

caliber 2.75 inch maybe again not sure

View attachment 21651

View attachment 21653
guys is this Stand-off Anti-tank Guided Missile (SANT) ?

frankly i dont know just speculating here.

but i am curious why they have opted for imaging seeker , something that is used to seek out and lock onto hostile land vehicles (not necessarily though).

Last edited:

WolfPack86

Country flag
It is good the private company VEM technologies developing missiles for the first time. I hope indian army will induct these missiles in mass numbers.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
It is good the private company VEM technologies developing missiles for the first time. I hope indian army will induct these missiles in mass numbers.
Is it Private company in reality or just a dummy company opened by RSS or RAW to bypass cumbersome government procedures to hire talent? I can't believe that DRDO takes 3-4 years to develop MPATGM even after development of NAG while this company pops out of nowhere and gets everything done so quickly.

They must have got ToT from DRDO which they used to develop this.

porky_kicker

Country flag
can anybody identify this missile from vem technologies

it has lateral thrusters midbody, fore fins and rear fins

i am no expert, but i have till date seen lateral thrusters on ATGMs only

also rear section seems to be disposable though

C4ruMrbXUAQW6v8.jpg

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
I feel it may be a MANPAD to replace IGLA
no offence but i doubt that it is a manpad , but lets us all keep all options open

most probably a stand off ATGM in my limited understanding

again i am no expert but the rear section looks like a booster and sustainer ? to get the necessary altitude and then cruise speed in the intended direction (rear fins) , mid flight rear section drops off and the lateral thrusters kicks in to go for the target and engage in end game maneuvers like top attack or direct attack

lets see what others have to say on this

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag

View attachment 21656
Helicopter launched ATGM. You have missed the launcher which is along with it. With its rear end booster, it would be too heavy for any Man portable missile system.

Chinmoy

Country flag
If you are trying to say that this is a simple missile with primitive technology that anyone can design like a MRBL, then there is no point making a fuss. If you are claiming it to be a military grade ATGM with imaging seekers, then it will take some time.

Answer my question first. How many years have they been designing missile seekers. India has already had missile propulsion technology long back. It is the seekers and guidance that India wants. VEM was only making missile parts and not these critical seekers.

I am not judging but speculating. To avoid red tapes, pseudo privatisation whereby the funds to set up the company/plant is given by government by underhanded means and technology transfer can be used. It is actually an intelligent tactics.

http://aviationspaceindia.com/content/vem-technologies-pvtltd

Its old enough to have make components and subcomponents of every individual missile system of India. Its just like what Kalyani is for artillery of India.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Helicopter launched ATGM. You have missed the launcher which is along with it. With its rear end booster, it would be too heavy for any Man portable missile system.
i never meant it to be a man portable ATGM, too big and unwieldy to be one

and i myself alluded to the booster and i was thinking more in lines of a vehicle borne long range stand off ATGM

and as you alluded it might be a helicopter launched ATGM , it is a very strong possibility and i am also inclined to believe it together with the equal possibility of it being a vehicle borne long range stand off ATGM.

lets hope we get to see both versions of it or atleast one of them inducted into the armed forces.

Chinmoy

Country flag
i never meant it to be a man portable ATGM, too big and unwieldy to be one

and i myself alluded to the booster and i was thinking more in lines of a vehicle borne long range stand off ATGM

and as you alluded it might be a helicopter launched ATGM , it is a very strong possibility and i am also inclined to believe it together with the equal possibility of it being a vehicle borne long range stand off ATGM.

lets hope we get to see both versions of it or atleast one of them inducted into the armed forces.
My assumption of it being a helicopter fired ATGM is based entirely on the launcher seen in the pic along with the missile (remove before flight) :).

But yeah, it could be a vehicle fired system too.

porky_kicker

Country flag
My assumption of it being a helicopter fired ATGM is based entirely on the launcher seen in the pic along with the missile (remove before flight) :).

But yeah, it could be a vehicle fired system too.
you are referring to the contraption which has the (remove before flight) red strip ?

well that seems to be the tail section of an LGB , part of an add on kit maybe
vem pavilion had a display of dissembled sub systems / components of LGB on display

and that dont look like a launcher to me

lol now i am confused, better shoot a email to vem technologies for clarification :)
and you are elected to do the honors :)

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
you are referring to the contraption which has the (remove before flight) red strip ?

well that seems to be the tail section of an LBG , part of an add on kit maybe
vem pavilion had a display of dissembled sub systems / components of LGB on display

and that dont look like a launcher to me

lol now i am confused, better shoot a email to vem technologies for clarification :)
and you are elected to do the honors :)
Hell yeah........... I thought it to be a launcher, but now seeing it again, it doesn't seems to be one. The side panels are folded wings. As you mentioned, it could be tail section of some standoff weapon system. Anyway CLGM was long due and most of its ground test were been done. So.........................

Anyway its my bad luck that I am from the part of country where we have to satisfy ourselves with arms display organised by forces now and then. So do miss out on all these developments. :biggrin2:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Hell yeah........... I thought it to be a launcher, but now seeing it again, it doesn't seems to be one. The side panels are folded wings. As you mentioned, it could be tail section of some standoff weapon system. Anyway CLGM was long due and most of its ground test were been done. So.........................

Anyway its my bad luck that I am from the part of country where we have to satisfy ourselves with arms display organised by forces now and then. So do miss out on all these developments. :biggrin2:
lollllll :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

funny thing you are complaining to the guy who hails from the same state as you

and ironically is yet to see an arms display / exhibition :biggrin2:

dagnor comedy korila hera :biggrin2:

Chinmoy

Country flag
lollllll :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

funny thing you are complaining to the guy who hails from the same state as you

and ironically is yet to see an arms display / exhibition :biggrin2:

dagnor comedy korila hera :biggrin2:
:biggrin2:

Prothom Nohoi, Dritiya Nohoi, Tritiya Shrenir Jatri Aami............... :biggrin2:

Sorry mods...............Off topic.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
guys is this Stand-off Anti-tank Guided Missile (SANT) ?

frankly i dont know just speculating here.

but i am curious why they have opted for imaging seeker , something that is used to seek out and lock onto hostile land vehicles (not necessarily though).
It is newly developed ATGM Developed by VEM Technologies. They named it as Jasmine.

View attachment 21656
It is also an ATGM with very similar design to Konkurs.. with four balancing nozzles in the middle and 4-4 directing and balancing fins for a stable flight.

For how long were they designing missiles and seekers?
Rome can't be built in a day for sure..

Right now they have pretty much stable market on India.

VEM Technologies-Built IIR Seeker Assemblies for NAG ATGM

VEM Technologies-Built Laser Seeker for CLGM

VEM Technologies-Built RF Seekers for BMD Interceptors

They also have many more project for missiles, UAV sensors, seekers and avionics.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles