Dragon Skin vest

Dixit13

Dragon Skin vest priced about 5000USD$....Can we atleast buy them for our special forces?

Blackwater

Dragon Skin vest priced about 5000USD$....Can we atleast buy them for our special forces?
For that MOD has to issue tender for 10 yrs. Another 10 yrs to finalise, who so ever give kick backs ,we will buy. but after 25 yrs.

Dixit13

:( only if i could be billionaire , i would have bought them myself

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It failed during test..

Rejected by US army..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i must say idea of having this type of BPJ is good, it provide soldier with flexible movement.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
BTW if it is not up to mark why it is prohibited list of items?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
US Army has its own BPJ, looks like arjun type of story is going on in US too. This time both are domestic makers.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
It failed during test..

Rejected by US army..

U.S. Army bans privately purchased body armor

On March 30, 2006 the Army banned all privately purchased commercial body armor in theater. Army officials told the Associated Press that the ban order was prompted by concerns that soldiers or their families were buying inadequate or untested commercial armor from private companies.[27] The Army ban refers specifically to Pinnacle's Dragon Skin armor saying that the company advertising implies that Dragon Skin "is superior in performance" to the Interceptor Body Armor the military issues to soldiers.[28] The Marine Corps has not issued a similar directive, but Marines are "encouraged to wear Marine Corps-issued body armor since this armor has been tested to meet fleet standards." NBC News learned that well after the Army ban that select elite forces assigned to protect generals and VIPs in Iraq and Afghanistan wore Dragon Skin.[6] General Peter W. Chiarelli made a statement that, "he never wore Dragon Skin but that some members of his staff did wear a lighter version of the banned armor on certain limited occasions, despite the Army ban."[6]
Dragon Skin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate

Looks cool. We should get the whole set....and then ride a dragon into battle. :fencing:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles