Dozens more shias eliminated from the sunni republic of Pakistan

bennedose

Taftan bombing toll rises to 30 - thenews.com.pk
QUETTA: The death toll in Sunday's suicide attack in Taftan — a Pakistani town located at the Pak-Iran border — rose to 30. Of them, the bodies of 21 pilgrims were airlifted to Kohat district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa on Monday.

Officials of Chaghai administration told The News that 21 bodies of the carnage were identified as residents of Kohat district.Reports from Taftan said that over 200 pilgrims who crossed the Pak-Iran border and entered the Taftan Tehsil on Sunday evening took accommodation in two hotels, Hashmi Hotel and Murtaza Hotel, when the bombers attacked the pilgrims.

The officials said that the bodies of the deceased were removed to the morgue of a local hospital while the authorities had informed the heirs and later they were flown to their native hometowns.

Previously, the death toll was reported as 23 with many injured.Official sources from Taftan said that a case against unknown attackers was registered and further investigations are in

progress. However, the authorities are clueless about the attackers despite the passage of 24 hours of the incident.

Agencies add: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has directed the relevant authorities to take action against perpetrators of the pilgrims attack returning from Iran in Taftan. He directed the Inspector General FC to personally lead the operation against terrorists. The prime minister termed the task a big challenge for the law enforcing agencies in Balochistan.

Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has also condemned terrorist attack terming it an inhuman act while the provincial Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti said, "foreign hand was involved in terrorism in Balochistan".

In a statement he said Balochistan has long border with neighbouring countries and terrorists have their training camps in mountainous areas. "There are 34 camps in a neighbouring country's mountainous areas where terrorists get training and later, carryout sabotage acts and attacks on innocent people in Balochistan," he said.

Patron-in-Chief Pakistan People's Party Bilawal Bhutto Zardari also condemned the brutal attack on the innocent pilgrims in Taftan.In a statement on Monday, Bilawal expressed sympathies with the grieved families and said that he can feel their pain being the son of Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto who was martyred by the terrorists.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) condemned the continuing genocide of Shias in Pakistan especially pilgrims in Balochistan.According to a statement, PTI's Core Committee observed that this growth in sectarian killings is clearly a part of proxy wars being fought on Pakistani soil.

Despite these attacks the government has failed to provide security to the Shia community in general and the pilgrims in Balochistan in particular.Meanwhile, the Hazara Democratic Party, Majlis Wahdatul Muslimeen and Tehreek-e-Nifaz-e-Fiqa-e-Jaferia had condemned the Taftan attack and termed it failure of the government.

Meanwhile the Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman also strongly condemned the recent terrorist attack on the pilgrims in Balochistan province."The Islamic Republic of Iran condemns terrorist actions on innocent people from any tribe and religion in Pakistan, and hopes that recurrence of such terrorists acts against the defenseless people will be prevented through the adoption of the necessary measures," Afkham said on Monday.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Pakistan is killing Muslims.

But what can we expect from a country which is created by Pork eater and Wine drinker.

Pakistan is a dangerous country for Muslims.

bennedose

The truth must triumph over hatred | Fatah | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

The truth must triumph over hatred

By Tarek Fatah ,Toronto Sun

Yoko Ono said in 1973, "I don't believe people are capable of real hate."

Apparently she had missed the George Harrison-Ringo Starr concert in solidarity with the victims of a hate-inspired genocide in Bangladesh by Pakistan.

Forty years later, Pakistan is still on its downward spiral of hate and religious bigotry.

On Sunday night, while much of the media focused on the Taliban attack on Karachi airport, a horrendous act of religious hatred was unfolding elsewhere in Pakistan but went almost unreported.

The sleepy town of Taftan lies on the Pakistan side of the Iran-Pakistan border. It serves as a transportation hub for pilgrims headed in both directions.

On Sunday night, 300 Shia Muslim pilgrims had crossed the border, returning from a pilgrimage to holy sites in Iran.

They had settled down for the night in a modest hotel when a suicide bomber belonging to the Sunni Muslim terrorist group, Jaish-ul-Islam (Army of Islam), blew himself up, killing 23 pilgrims and injuring scores of others.

This slaughter was an act of hatred by a young man brainwashed by Islamic clerics in search of so-called purity, the perfection of Islam embedded in the very name "Pakistan" — The Land of the Pure.

Last week this hatred towards the "other" was felt in Canada.

I am not talking about the Calgary Pakistan-Canadian who blew himself up in Syria.

Rather, it was the funeral in Vaughan, just north of Toronto, of a Canadian cardiologist, Mehdi Ali Qamar, who was killed in Pakistan for the crime of being an Ahmadiya Muslim.

Pakistan was born in 1947 in a climate of hatred towards Hindu and Sikh Indians.

Over a million Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs died in the ensuing partition of British India, making sworn enemies out of neighbours who had lived side-by-side for centuries.

Today, it's not just the Hindus. The list of people many in Pakistan hate is long.

Here is a hierarchy of it. By producing this list, I am guilty of washing a lot of dirty linen in public. But the stench of hate is so unbearable; it forces me to bare my soul.

1. Hindus and India

2. Jews

3. Christians and America

4. Ahmadiya Muslims

5. Shia Muslims and Iran

6. Baloch and the Bengali

7. Blacks and Africans

8. Gays and Lesbians

9. Poor and Disabled

10. Joy and Happiness

Growing up, I was told Hindus were dirty, ugly and had a slavish mentality, while we Muslims were the people chosen to rule over Hindus because we were better looking, ate beef and had the genes of Arabs and Central Asians that made us "fair and lovely."

Conventional wisdom dictated that education and exposure to the West would tame the hatred many in Pakistan have for others, but that was not to be.

On the very day Dr. Qamar was killed, a former Pakistani ambassador to the United States, who also served as the country's information minister, was caught on video making derogatory remarks about Indian politicians.

Referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's predominantly Hindu cabinet, she said, "Look at their cabinet ministers ... wall-to-wall ugliness."

Right here in Toronto I know of Pakistanis who will not eat food prepared by a Hindu chef — but will deny it in public.

But as my ancestors affirmed in Sanskrit, "Satyameva Jayate": "Truth alone triumphs""‹

BridgeSeller

From what I've heard, the official estimate of 21 dead is just that, an example of sialkot statistics, in other words, made up. The toll is likely much higher

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistan is in a state of total confusion.

Are Shias not Muslims?

Reactions: Neo

Neo

Pakistan is in a state of total confusion.

Are Shias not Muslims?
This time I will agree with you, we are confused and being mislead by the mullahs. We used to be a very tollerant society few decaded ago. My family is core but moderate sunni and as a kid I used to attend shiah festivities with our shiah neighbors in the holy months of Muharram and Shabaan and my mother attented their 'majlis'. We did not chant or mourn but just set there to pay respect to the rites. I ofcourse was waitng for the haleem, meethi tikki and kheer to be served.

What happened to this once so tollerant society is the rise of Arab influence and political interference in Pakistani affairs, specially by the Saudis. Madrassahs set by them didnot only train mujahideen to fight jihad on Afghanistan, they also brainwashed our mullaha and youth to fight non sunnis.

Jinnah and Bhutto were shiahs but it never matterd and the clashes were always small and restricted to the holy month of Muharram. But today we have become a proxy to Saudi and Irani religious war who are trying to control the clergy in Pakistan.

Yes we are a confused nation today and worst thing is the arrogance that we individually take the divine right to decide who is a true muslim today and who is not.

RIP to the dead :sad:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
This time I will agree with you, we are confused and being mislead by the mullahs. We used to be a very tollerant society few decaded ago. My family is core but moderate sunni and as a kid I used to attend shiah festivities with our shiah neighbors in the holy months of Muharram and Shabaan and my mother attented their 'majlis'. We did not chant or mourn but just set there to pay respect to the rites. I ofcourse was waitng for the haleem, meethi tikki and kheer to be served.

What happened to this once so tollerant society is the rise of Arab influence and political interference in Pakistani affairs, specially by the Saudis. Madrassahs set by them didnot only train mujahideen to fight jihad on Afghanistan, they also brainwashed our mullaha and youth to fight non sunnis.

Jinnah and Bhutto were shiahs but it never matterd and the clashes were always small and restricted to the holy month of Muharram. But today we have become a proxy to Saudi and Irani religious war who are trying to control the clergy in Pakistan.

Yes we are a confused nation today and worst thing is the arrogance that we individually take the divine right to decide who is a true muslim today and who is not.

More than the confusion, what seems to be a bigger problem emerging is the neglect of the Shia killing from the political discourse, and what this is translating into is polarisation at the core of populace, and an emerging apathy towards these killings over all with general acceptance for it.

There was this fine article which articulated that it was easy for Pakistan to discard the Ahmedis, also rubbished as qadianis, as garbage, but to do the same with the Shia will come with very painful repercussions, and heavy costs. You have Iran right across, a country that won't let their faith brothers end up the way they are, then Shias have had a big hand in making Pakistan what it is, a lot of them are in positions that matter, and they won't let go off without a fight if it were to come to that.

The most unfortunate thing about hate is, if you take away the factor that generates that hate, by then hating has become a habit, and this then gets directed elsewhere. Take India out from the Pakistani perspective, and that hate is going to manifest in various forms, possibly a larger part directed internally, until and unless Pakistan creates another hyperbole for hatred. The other, since Islam was a guiding principle for the creation of Pakistan, the Islamists with the passage of time are only going to go more orthodox in their views, and their ability to influence the mass is going to be that much more.

It is not about voting in these extremists, that gets argued, suggesting no one seems to be voting for them, so no mass appeal, what keeps happening silently is the general mass keeps getting swayed by more orthodox point of views, what was not acceptable a generation back, is acceptable now, and what was acceptable back then, is no more now, in the mean time, the extremist has gone more extreme with his, and the transition continues, imagine the extent of normal argument by an average Sunni in Pakistan in another decade's time from today if this person as a kid today doesn't get to mingle up with Shias as you did when you were a kid. What you find as unacceptable today, could very well be the norm, and a point of view held today will be seen as too liberal to keep with and with passage of time be discarded, that is a normal evolution process.

Stretch this thought a little further, today the extremists call out a Shia as a non-muslim, what if in another generation's time, this idea gets a wider acceptance? How is Pakistan the going to safe card itself against this huge challenge? Far deeper than just being confusion.

bennedose

This time I will agree with you, we are confused and being mislead by the mullahs. We used to be a very tollerant society few decaded ago. My family is core but moderate sunni
Neo you are saying the usual things that Pakistanis say without examining the truth about Pakistan. YOUR family may have been moderate but Pakistani society at large were never moderate from the outset.

The anti-Ahmediya movement started in Pakistan in 1952 - just 5 years after Pakistan was created and long before East Pakistan rebelled against racist intolerane from West Pakistan. Are Ahmedis Muslims or not? And so what if they are not Muslims? Pakistani passport application forms apparently ask one to declare if one is Ahmedi and even Abdus sattar's grave has been desecrated.

This intolerance for Ahmedis ran alongside anti Hindu and anti Sikh sentiment. You can say what you like but please don't spout this typical Pakstani lie that Pakistan had a "tolerant society" Many Pakistanis may have been individually tolerant - but they have been beaten into silence by an intolerant sunni Muslim Pakistan. Just because there are naive/uninformed people here who will talk to a Pakistan and believe what he says does not mean that ignorance or bluffs need tobe tolerated.

And please don't blame the Mullahs - the usual targets. Your famous army generals and leaders are equally complicit in selective genocide.

Last edited:

bennedose

Anyone who bothers reading independently about Pakistan wil understand that "tolerance" to non Sunni Muslims is non existent in Pakistan. The opulation of Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims in Pakistan has been gradually decimat from over 15% to about 3%.

One of the most famous pilots of the PAF who led a successful air raid on Pathankot in 1965 and destroyed Indian MiGs on the ground (Air Commodore Sajad Haider) was arrested many years later and tried for treason where it was alleged that the PAF was being destabilized by Ahmedis. This is there in his autobiography.

It is compete and utter nonsense to claim that Pakistani society is tolerant. They are tolerant mainly to sunni Deobandis. Even sunni Barelvis and the sufi tradition of Sindh is being attacked by these bigoted, murderous liars. Many educated Pakistanis are in denial or they are too scare to speak up. Pakistan is a bullshit country that has survived too long by saying India and Indians are bullshit - we Pakis are the best. Indians (and Americans) are idiots to have beleievd that.

You can just see the denial and lies from Pakistan in the last 5 days. Karachi was attacked and on the same day Shias were killed. The Sunni leader Hafiz Saeed blamed India even after the TTP claimed responsibility. But everyone was wacthing Karachi. No one is even talking about the shias who were killed. What a pathetic pretence of a nation. It really needs to be broken up into governable and decent parts.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Technically banned, the Deobandis of SSP and the LeJ have a free run with the former functioning under the new name, Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ). The SSP — which has contested elections — has a vote bank and the ASWJ claimed that the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) won the recent by-elections in Punjab with its help. Such alliances debilitate political parties' ability to adopt zero tolerance towards terrorism........

While SSP and Co want Shias to be declared 'non-Muslims' like the Ahmadis, Dr. Masud maintains this is unlikely as the Shia community is much larger than the Ahmadis.
Relentless killing of Shia Muslims in Pakistan – by Anita Joshua (The Hindu)

Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan Maulana Wali Hasan's Fatwa

"Shia Ithna Ashari are Rafzi (deviated) Kafirs (infidels). Marriges
between Muslims and Shias are haram (forbidden). Muslims should not
attend their funerals. Their sect is deviated and burying them in
Muslim graveyards is haram. Hence, they should be treated as
non-Muslims."

(8th Safar, 1407 Hijri. Mufti Wali Hasan of Jamia Al Alomia Al Islamia,
Karachi)

Member Nation Assembly, Maulana Abdul Haq's verification of Mufti's
fatwa

Member Nation Assembly, Maulana Abdul Haq of Dar-ul-Uloom Haqaniya,
Akora Khattak, Peshawar's verification of Mufti's fatwa.

"Hazrat Maulana Mufti Wali Hasan, Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan, is our Imam
(leader) in the issue of jurispudance. And we follow his fatwas
(religious edicts), therefore, there is no need of verifying this fatwa
since his fatwa is an order and proof on all the scholars of Deoband. I
am signing this paper under his instructions, otherwise Mufti's
signature is good enough for us. May Allah (SWT) accept this Jihad by
Moulana Mohammed Manzoor Noumani and Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan, Wali Hasan,
for they realized the sensitiveness of the issue and stopped the
disease from turning into cancer for the Muslim ummah. I would help
Mufti Hasan as a humble servant in this struggle and Jihad, and may
Allah (SWT) accept this effort."

Maulana Abdul Haq of Dara-ul-Uloom Haqaniya Akora Khattak, Member
National Assembly of Pakistan)

Senator Sami-ul-Haq's verification of Mufti's fatwa

Senator Sami-ul-Haq's verification of Mufti's fatwa

"I agree with Muft-e-Azam Pakistan's, Maulana Hasan's fatwa. There is
no doubt that this sect is apostate and marrying them is haram."

(Mohammed Farid, Mufti and teacher at Dar-ul-Uloom Haqaniya, Akora
Khattak)
(Senator Sami-ul-Haq, deputy administrator and teacher at Dar-ul-Uloom
Haqaniya, Akora Khattak)

Senator Qazi Abdul Lateef's verification of Mufti's fatwa

Senator Qazi Abdul Lateef's verification of Mufti's fatwa

Madressa Najam-ul-Madaris Kulachi, Dera Ismail Khan

"Hazrat Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan Wali Hasan's fatwa against Shias was
carefully studied by me. This fatwa is correct, but sadly, making it
public was delayed. May Allah (SWT) forgive us."

(Qazi Abdul Kareem of Madressa najam-ul-Madaris, Kulachi)
(Senator Qazi Abdul Lateef, fazil Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband)

The fatwa was published and distributed by Sipah e Sahaba Pakistan

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/islam2005/DH9tA7x_mj0/ukeLCwYGtlsJ
Even Senators endorse that Shias are kaffir!

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
@Neo This confusion is funded by saudis.

Last edited by a moderator:

bennedose

@Neo This confusion is funded by saudis.
And perpetuated and not corrected by Pakistanis. There is always one person to pay and the other person to accept payment. Pakistanis are not killing shias against their will. They are only pretending that theirs is a "tolerant society" and everyone is "confused" about why Shias are being killed.

This is utter crap.

Hundreds of shias being killed in Pakistan. What's the confusion? When Indians are accused of killing people in Kashmir there is no confusion. It is Hindus killing Muslims. How does confusion suddenly arise when Shias are killled by Sunnis in Pakistan? There is an entire jihadi group - the Lashkar e Jhangvi dedicated to killing of Shias. What is the confusion about that?

Let me not hear this nonsensical non existent "confusion". "Oh we Pakis are so nice and gentle and tolerant. We would like to stick a carnation behind the ear, hold hands and sing "Kumbaya my love" with Shias - and we are so confused when they get killed." If it wasn't murderous the story would be funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

BridgeSeller

"How do you control someone when they don't care about their own head?"

Or so goes a line in Carlotta Gall's new book 'The Wrong Enemy' This was in reference to the Taliban in Afghanistan, but it can be applied to quite a few people in Pakistan as well, no?

How does one enforce the writ of the state when the dominant ideology is specifically geared toward negating the one real source of the state's power, its monopoly on violence? Leaving aside for the time being the fact that in its gross mishandling of governance, the Pakistani state cannot even claim this monopoly, How do you threaten a man to comply when he feeds off of that threat? You can't. You either change his attitude or you eliminate him. Neither of these options is halaal because it would mean accepting defeat and the inherent contradiction of your ideology rendering it self-destructive in the long run. One only needs a rudimentary understanding of Kant's Categorical Imperative to validate the truth of that statement. (Maybe I will write a little more on that later)

"In the long run, everyone is dead, but Islam will get you there faster." - BridgeSeller​
What does this have to do with the Shias in Pakistan? Well. I am going to assume that we don't need our hands held and will say this: The discussion of whether Shias are Muslim or not is moot. There are people who are targeting them in Pakistan for whatever reason and... There is no one to stop them because no one wants to. Indeed, there may not be a way to do so even if the political will existed. You can't negotiate with a yahoo that wants his head to roll all the way to the feet of those promised 72 houries. In fact why would you? He's doing your job for you. Godspeed, amirite?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Muslims are not safe in this Islamic Caliphate of Pakistan. :tsk:

60,000+ innocent Muslims and children butchered by evil Pak Army on the orders of white master since WOT.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

wtf??? :shocked:

Are you drunk? How come such truth coming outta your mouth? :rofl:

But you didn't admit the biggest mistake ie. doing Islamic terrorism to bleed India but you are bleeding now.

bennedose

wtf??? :shocked:

Are you drunk? How come such truth coming outta your mouth? :rofl:

But you didn't admit the biggest mistake ie. doing Islamic terrorism to bleed India but you are bleeding now.
Let me quote a passage from my ebook
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/EBOOKS/pfs.pdf
In a remarkably prescient passage Naipaul observes (75),
The state withered, but faith didn't. Failure only led
back to the faith. The state had been founded as a
homeland for Muslims. If the state failed it wasn't
because the dream was flawed, or the faith flawed; it
could only be because men had failed the faith. And in
that quest of the Islamic absolute the society of
believers, where every action was instinct with worship
men lost sight of the political origins of their
state...Extraordinary claims began to be made for
Pakistan: it was founded as the land of the pure; it was
to be the first truly Islamic state since the days of the
Prophet and his close companions
The average Pakistani citizen was coerced or co-opted by
putting Islam first. Pakistan, it was stressed, was
created by Muslims for Muslims. Every Pakistani had to
strive to be a good Muslim. To be Pakistani was to be a
good Muslim. Muslim clerics, the mullahs and the ulema
were necessarily allowed to exercise spiritual control
over the Pakistani masses to ensure that Pakistan
remained adequately and properly Islamic in all arenas.
It was drummed in that this was necessary because India
was always there to swallow up Pakistan. India had been
held in check only by God and the Pakistani army, which
presented itself as the savior, 'the army of Islam,'
upholding the faith and protecting Pakistan. Co

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles