Don’t ‘meddle’ in Nepal, Sri Lanka, China media warns India

HeinzGud

Country flag
The ONLY reason Sri Lanka isn't a part of India is because of the British bitches and the French. It was after the treaty of Amines. Without going in too technical, after the treaty of Amines with the French, the British transfered control of Ceylon which was under madras presidency at the time, from the east India company to the queen. Which rest of India was under the control of EIC. Inspite of being SL considered as a poor colony it was transferred from the company to the crown purely for strategic reasons. Or SL is a part of India for all intents and purposes.

As usual they fcuked it up for us.
Ah I found out where you got the info about the treaty of Ameins. :p

Among other countries in the region, Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) was ceded to Britain in 1802 under the Treaty of Amiens. Ceylon was part of Madras Presidency between 1793 and 1798.[18]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Raj#cite_note-codringtonch10-18

You are just copy pasting from the Wikipedia with out actually doing any historical studies.

FYI, the French had ceded parts of Ceylon to Brits under treaty of Amines because originally the Ceylonese coastal belt was controlled by Dutch East India company and later the Batavian republic. Dutch was French allies during the Napolianic wars. Moreover French had actually taken the Trinomalee port from Dutch before handing them back to Brits.

Brits ruled parts of Celyon from Madras just because there was no good place in Ceylon for them to administration their holdings of the island. With in few years the administration was passed back to Colombo.

Even Brits never considered Ceylon to be a part of India as a political entity. They also asserted the right of Ceylonese for their independence.

Krusty

Country flag
You are just copy pasting from the Wikipedia with out actually doing any historical studies.
Man can you stop quoting me. I told you I do not want to argue with you. I have given you the source already. And I specifically mentioned it takes its ctiations from ACTUAL letters and documents of the East India Company, the crown and the letters to the French all of which are available in the British Royal Archives in London. Why did you ignore it? Even I can edit Wikipedia. its to deceive ignorant people like you. I have stated the source in my earlier posts. The longer you keep this up, the more stupid you will appear.

I do not know how I can make this simpler. A chimp would have figured it out by now...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles