Don't carry out attacks inside Pakistan as it is not jihad

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Jabir-bin-hayan is considered the father of chemistry!
The same guy who had theories regarding 'creating' humans in lab? He was an 'alchemist' (psst...it's fake science)

Father of Modern Chemistry is Antoine Lavoisier.

what about nitric acid??
Yeah, qwhat about it?

These are all medium tier 'inventions' and nothing ground breaking.

Anyways, wiki says his claims on these inventions are disputed at best.

Last edited:

Himanshu Pandey

Look up any 10th standard chemistry book,
Sulphuric Acid is an idicator of Industrial growth. Its a fact!
You are so blinded by Islamophobia, you are denying the importance of Sulphuric Acid
look up an book which talk about industrial growth and you will find that there are many factors involved for industrial growth not just production of one acid... you need to have a complete set of different industries which uses this acid in large quantities only then it comes in role of a industrial growth indicator otherwise it is used for attacking girls in pakistan and cleaning toilets in whole world... FYI the factors for industrial growth are

1. availability of a market
2. demand for various product in market
3. existence of a supply infrastructure for these products.
4. the money in the hand of end user for buying these products.
5. the basic infrastructure like electricity, road, land, water, transportation and trained manpower etc.
6. the capital to invest in development of industry and for building factories
7. availability of raw material or easy access to the raw materials with in the cost.
8. the government policies.

and dozens more... when all these are available then the industrial growth takes place not just because you have few factories which can create sulfuric acid... there are more then thousand things used in a factory and sulfuric acid is one of them so you can take any of them and will use it as industrial growth indicator...

but the 10th standard book which I read has mentioned all of these things for growth not just an acid..

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I fail to understand why Pakistanis have to bring religion into everything.
Because they are actually ashamed at what they are, so they try to feel better by abusing hindus instead of India. Not getting any respect by other muslims also adds fuel to the fire. Same with bangladesh but to a lessor extent and confined to specific sections.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Islam does, As it is not just a collection of Hymn and prayers! IT is a complete Code of Life.
That is a fascinating answer.

So, the code of life ensures that the stomach is full!?

Therefore, there should be no hunger amongst Muslims........ and that would not be true.

:
lol: Fyi.IT is wrong in Islam to beg, It is cumpulsory for a muslim to Earn his bread
Begging is allowed in Islam.

A man who is starving or in dire need is permitted to beg if three men speak of this need or express their agreement that this is appropriate for the individual. It is lawful for this Muslim to beg until able to work once more.

According to the hadith, it is better not to ask and depend on Allah for all sustenance. In Islam, blessed be the Muslim who gives to such a person in their attempts to please Allah.

Pakistan is a name sake Religious country! UnIslamic practices are prevalent here!
The problem is the distance from Religion.
UnIslamic practices?

Like having Railways and not riding camels?

What Islamic practices are essential to make Pakistan a normal nation?

I still cant understand the Reason behind this hatred, As i Said that they have settled themselves in Pakistan in 65years. They Are NOT 'MOHAJIR' anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alpha1

That is a fascinating answer.

So, the code of life ensures that the stomach is full!?
IF we follow it yes. Inshallah. But grace and self-respect is more important
Therefore, there should be no hunger amongst Muslims........ and that would not be true.
:How Many Muslim countries truly follow Islam? How many muslims in the world truly follow Islam?
Please dont say Saudi Arabia, because they don't!
Begging is allowed in Islam.
Even Alcohol is allowed temporarily under certain medical conditions and even pork is allowed when there is nothing to eat!!! That doesnt make it "HALAL." just
temporarily permissible!

UnIslamic practices?

Like having Railways and not riding camels?
Corruption and nepotism, which have broken the back of our Railway!
What Islamic practices are essential to make Pakistan a normal nation?
Elimination of Corruption, honesty integrity and Acountability which were the characteristics of Government of the 4 Righteous Caliphs and Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]
No youtube plus I'm on mobile!

Alpha1

The same guy who had theories regarding 'creating' humans in lab? He was an 'alchemist' (psst...it's fake science)
1stly its Alchemy and it gave birth to many scientific concepts. And many useful things were create accidently.Hell chemistry is derived from the word Alchemy!
Father of Modern Chemistry is Antoine Lavoisier.
Keyword= Modern
my claim is valid!
Yeah, what about it?
These are all medium tier 'inventions' and nothing ground breaking.
Dude?! :facepalm: Alkali comes from the root Arabic word
"Al-kali". Anyways i can point out a thousand more works of Each Muslim scholar, scientist etc.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
IF we follow it yes. Inshallah. But grace and self-respect is more important
How so?

By reciting the scripture sincerely, it fills one's stomach?

:How Many Muslim countries truly follow Islam? How many muslims in the world truly follow Islam?
Please dont say Saudi Arabia, because they don't!
You tell me.

To my reckoning, no religion can be followed totally as per the book and in letter and spirit.

Even Alcohol is allowed temporarily under certain medical conditions and even pork is allowed when there is nothing to eat!!! That doesnt make it "HALAL." just
temporarily permissible!
I am aware.

Corruption and nepotism, which have broken the back of our Railway!
Isn't that what all say whenever a problem is pointed out?

Elimination of Corruption, honesty integrity and Acountability which were the characteristics of Government of the 4 Righteous Caliphs and Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]
What's new?

All religions state so.

No youtube plus I'm on mobile!
Too bad, you missed something - right from the horse's mouth - right from Pakistan and the Mohajirs!

amoy

thank u and welcome @Alpha1 I've learned more fm u on Islam. u know ibn Battuta a great traveller to China? and Zheng He our great navigator also a Muslim?

lots of Muslims not coming over land but also by sea settled in China.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

pmaitra

What is a cult?

cult (n.)
1610s, "worship," also "a particular form of worship," from French culte (17c.), from Latin [HIGHLIGHT]cultus[/HIGHLIGHT] "care, labor; [HIGHLIGHT]cultivation[/HIGHLIGHT], [HIGHLIGHT]culture[/HIGHLIGHT]; worship, reverence," originally "tended, [HIGHLIGHT]cultivated[/HIGHLIGHT]," past participle of colere "to till" (see colony). Rare after 17c.; revived mid-19c. with reference to ancient or primitive rituals. Meaning "devotion to a person or thing" is from 1829.

Cult. An organized group of people, religious or not, with whom you disagree. [Rawson]
Source: Online Etymology Dictionary

pmaitra

thank u and welcome @Alpha1 I've learned more fm u on Islam. u know ibn Battuta a great traveller to China? and Zheng He our great navigator also a Muslim?

lots of Muslims not coming over land but also by sea settled in China.

Yes, and to add to it, the Hui Muslims have been used by the Chinese to subjugate the Turks aka the Uighurs, who are also Muslims, over the centuries.

Am I right, or am I right? ;)

amoy

Yes, and to add to it, the Hui Muslims have been used by the Chinese to subjugate the Turks aka the Uighurs, who are also Muslims, over the centuries.

what a logical fallacy and trap contained in your allegation! Hui and Uyghur are Chinese too. Hui is an offshoot of various groups Han Mongol Persian Arabs Turks etc etc intermarried with one another for centuries.

Chinese using Chinese to subjugate Chinese? what's new in it?? havent Indians fought Indians since ages?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
what a logical fallacy and trap contained in your allegation! Hui and Uyghur are Chinese too. Hui is an offshoot of various groups Han Mongol Persian Arabs Turks etc etc intermarried with one another for centuries.

Chinese using Chinese to subjugate Chinese? what's new in it?? havent Indians fought Indians since ages?

Food for thought

Language, culture, and identity: Hui students' cultural recognition and identity construction in eastern P. R. China

Yuxiang Wang

Based on my case study of the two Hui students in eastern China, I found that schooling for them is a process of reproducing mainstream Han ideology and taking away their culture, knowledge, and identity; subjugating the Hui students' voices; and imposing the mainstream Han culture and knowledge on the Hui students as truth as a means for social mobility........,

Through comparison and contrast with other minority students' experience in China such as Tibetan students and similar findings about minority students' school experiences in the U.S., I believe that more attention should be paid to minority students' experiences in different countries in the world and global multiculturalism and multicultural education must be implemented so that minority language, culture, and knowledge may be respected and valued

"Language, culture, and identity: Hui students' cultural recognition an" by Yuxiang Wang

Check this and dowload if you want

Search

pmaitra

Uighurs are not Chinese. Sorry. Next you will say Eskimos are Chinese. If Huis are Chinese, then I am a Cossack.

I am sorry to say this but you really do not have sufficient knowledge about your own country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

You are right.

And God and History is your witness! ;) :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The originals in Hui can be typically told by their surname- if one is Hui, the surname would be Ma, Ha, Ding, Na, which are derived from Arabic names like "Muhammed", Hussein, etc.

If a Hui sported surnames like Zhang, Tang, Kong, or Wang, he/ she could be descended from a Han convert, since notable lineages with these names did convert to Islam.

The dongxiang and salar muslims were recognized as separate from other hui by the ming and qing dynasties- It was the ROC which merged all muslims into the "hui " category, and then the PRC came and resurrected those old nationalities.

Then there are bai speaking Hui in Yunnan province.

The "bai" hui are actually not pure Bai. Their fathers were hui who married minority women (like bai women). Many Hui soldiers who settled in Yunnan did not bring women along with them, so they had to marry to locals- this is how the Bai hui came about.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Dru C. Gladney, Dislocating China. Muslims, Minorities, and Other Subaltern Subjects

Book Review

With the present volume Dru Gladney aims to dispel notions of Chinese homogeneity widespread among China scholars. He starts out from the observation that, in contrast to Indian scholarship, so far China has not produced a "subaltern" scholarly movement, i.e. in spite of the growing scholarly literature bringing in new perspectives, little has been written from the perspective of the minorities and other dispossessed groups. In recent decades, as a direct consequence of Chinese minority policies, officially recognised minorities have started asserting their identities, but parallel to these we witness similar processes of rediscovering and reasserting ethnic and regional identities within recognised groups, including the Han themselves. This is all the more remarkable since the Han have traditionally been viewed by others as a homogeneous majority population, an assertion which also finds its way in modern Han self-representations. It is this assumed homogeneity of China as a nation-state made up of a unified and undifferentiated Han majority and a few ethnic groups in its border areas that Gladney sets out to challenge, through giving voice to some of its subalterns, in order to gain a better understanding of the dynamics of Chinese society and culture. The author takes inspiration from both post-colonial (especially "subaltern") studies as well as from Edward Said's critique of Eurocentrism in its construction of the Asian other. Since China has never been colonised by the West, to fit the Western critical framework the term "semi-colonial" has been applied. Gladney vehemently rejects this term, replacing it with Michael Hechter's notion of "internal colonialism", to do justice to the experiences of the largely voiceless subaltern groups who have been subjected to various forms of Chinese domination.

2In Part I, which is entitled Recognitions, Chapter 2 considers the background of cultural nationalism and argues that nationalism is not simply a set of imagined ideas, but constitutes powerful styles of representations. Gladney points out the selectivity within the cultural taxonomisation of nationalities in China. The emerging and strengthening forms of cultural nationalisms of various groups in turn influence Chinese nationalism. Chapter 3 looks at forms of displaying nationalisms in China, which follow well-established paths, exemplified in popular theme parks. The author introduces the metaphor of the "scrambled" cable channel on television tuners to explain his contextualised, relational approach to identity formation and expression. Without the intervention of the nation-state, the controller of the de-scrambling mechanism as well as of national identities, the scrambled channels only show blurred images, i.e. identities. Following subscription the channels will be de-scrambled, the contours of the blurred images become clear just as certain identities will assume more specific definitions. Subscription allows viewers access to certain channels, and groups to certain identities, while other identities may be mandatory and given (just as government controlled channels are). The metaphor recurs again and again throughout the book. It aptly encapsulates the leitmotif of Gladney's work, i.e. the privileged role of the state in identity formation and its interaction with localisms and indigeneity.

3Part II consists of two chapters on Representations. The main argument is that in art (most examples are taken from fine arts and film-making) the objectified portrayal of minority groups as both exotic and erotic is essential for the construction of the "unmarked", modern, civilised Han majority. For example, it can serve as a way of addressing controversial issues which are considered taboo in Han society but only when conveniently dislocated into an ethnic setting.

4Part III is devoted to "Folklorizations". Both articles in this part concern the Chinese Muslims, the Hui, whose "hybridity" is shown to challenge Samuel Huntington's vision of the clash of civilisations. Introducing various origin myths, Gladney convincingly demonstrates the hybrid nature of such myths, which are, however, often characterised as "pure" by those busy promoting nationalist or religious projects. He also shows how these traditions are used to legitimate social practice and simultaneously expose Han diversity. The interconnections of localism and transnationalism are discussed through examples of Hui historic, Sufi and local tombs. Gladney shows how tombs and the practices and discourses surrounding them simultaneously contribute to the rootedness of Hui communities in their locality and connect them to transnational networks.

5Part IV entitled "Ethnicizations" starts with the author revisiting his original, major field sites among four Hui communities. He proposes that ethnic identity is shaped by the dialogical interaction of traditions of descent and state policy, and is continuously negotiated and re-defined. Chapter 9 aims to bring issues of social theory into current scholarship on Central Asia as well as to firmly locate nationalism in history. Through looking at the experiences of three individuals, a Hui, a Uyghur and a Kazakh in the transnational diaspora, Gladney shows that in a changed environment, without the active intervention of a powerful nation state in defining ethnic identity, the ascribed ethnic identity is pushed into the background and other factors are foregrounded : the Hui in Turkey emphasise Islam, the Uyghur the national factor, and the Kazakh their descent-based transhumance. The author also suggests that, analogous to the Han majority, the homogeneity of the majority groups of other countries, more specifically, the Turks of Turkey and the Russians of the former Soviet Union should also be called in question.

6Part V, "Indigenizations", moves on to discussing aspects of Uyghur identity in northwest China. The opening chapter bears the provocative title "Ethnogenesis or Ethnogenocide ?". It focuses on the dynamic nature of ethnic identity, in which the state is a regulatory, channelling force but also encounters local resistance. Gladney argues that modern Uyghur identity can only be understood as a result of continuous interaction between indigeneity/ethnohistory and Chinese state policies in changing historical contexts. The next chapter deals with Uyghur "cyber-separatism" and underlines how transnationalism, Islamisation, as well as the exoticised representations of the Uyghur by the state all promote an objectified representation of Uyghur identity, which is then instrumentalised in achieving policy objectives and simultaneously contributes to the construction of a homogenous, monolithic Han majority.

7In Part VI, "Socializations", Gladney returns to Hui ethnography. Chapter 12 looks at informal, i.e. traditional religious, and formal, i.e. state education, and argues that, while centralised state education has been one of the most powerful means of "making Muslims" and integrating them into the Chinese nation state, parallel systems of transmission of knowledge have persisted. Education remains a contested arena in which competing and often conflicting sets of norms are negotiated. Chapter 13 compares contrasting attitudes to prosperity between Hui and Han. Hui entrepreneurialism is explained not in terms of favourable predisposition or national characteristics among the Muslims, but rather through the active state encouragement of market activities among the Muslims. This contrasts with Han ambivalence towards the market, which may be explained by state restrictions of the same activity as "antisocialist" among the Han.

8Part VII, "Politicizations" focuses on local responses to world events. Chapter 14 discusses the views of Hui and Uyghur subalterns about the Gulf Wars in 1991 and 2003. Gladney demonstrates again the diversity of China's Muslims, how they participate in international relations, are informed about global events and respond to them with many voices. Chapter 15 also connects Chinese subalterns' responses to global events, this time the student protests on Tiananmen Square to the end of the Cold War. Gladney argues persuasively that the Tiananmen events in many ways followed the trajectories of a TV series "River Elegy". It is perhaps no accident that the concluding chapter is also subsumed here. Gladney's main concern has always been the political dimension of social relations. He argues that the rising nationalist rhetoric accompanying the nationalist project poses a major threat not to other countries but to China's own subalterns, whom it encounters within the framework of internal colonialism.

9In many ways this volume is a worthy continuation of the Gladney Å“uvre. For those already familiar with his earlier work, few of his arguments here will come as a surprise. The sense of familiarity is also evoked by some of the ethnographic examples, and several of the chapters are re-worked versions of previously published materials. Muslims are introduced repeatedly in each chapter where they are mentioned. Better editing and co-ordination of these chapters would have produced a more elegant volume, eliminating inconsistencies such as the occasional use of the adjective Turkish in the sense of "Turkic", at other times replacing it with "Turkic" (e.g. pp. 183, 202, 206, 210). But these small flaws should not detract attention from the intellectual unity of Dru Gladney's anthropological work in general, and this volume in particular. Presenting diverse ethnographic materials in a colourful and highly readable style, Gladney never loses the main thread, i.e. understanding Chinese society and culture from the subaltern perspective. He thereby fulfils his promise to deconstruct essentialised notions of a monolithic Han majority.

Dru C. Gladney, Dislocating China. Muslims, Minorities, and Other Subaltern Subjects

It maybe mentioned that it is a myth that all Chinese are Han.

They are an ammalgam of a variety of ethnicity, who were Sinicised or 'converted' to being Han through a variety of means, fair and foul.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Uighurs are not Chinese. Sorry. Next you will say Eskimos are Chinese. If Huis are Chinese, then I am a Cossack.

I am sorry to say this but you really do not have sufficient knowledge about your own country.
But it is the historical policy to force people to become Han so that there is harmony and no area of dissent.

Law and Order and Harmony is an old Confucius diktat.

One should go through the Chinese Theory or Law of Legalism to understand this unique system of the Han!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles