Donald Trump bans Transgenders from Army Service

Should Transgenders be allowed to Serve in army?

• Total voters

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/us/politics/trump-transgender-military.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump announced on Wednesday that the United States will not “accept or allow” transgender people in the United States military, saying American forces “must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory” and could not afford to accommodate them.

Mr. Trump made the surprise declaration in a series of posts on Twitter, saying he had come to the decision after talking to generals and military experts, whom he did not name.

“After consultation with my generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. military,” Mr. Trump wrote. “Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.”

The sweeping policy decision reverses the gradual transformation of the military under President Barack Obama, whose administration announced last year that transgender people could serve openly in the military. Mr. Obama’s defense secretary, Ashton B. Carter, also opened all combat roles to women and appointed the first openly gay Army secretary.

It was not clear what prompted Mr. Trump’s announcement on Wednesday. In June, the administration delayed a decision on whether to allow transgender recruits to join the military. At the time, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said an extra six months would give military leaders a chance to review its potential impact.

The president’s announcement came amid a debate on Capitol Hill over the Obama-era practice of requiring the Pentagon to pay for medical treatment related to gender transition. The dispute has unfolded as Congress considers (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/us/politics/republican-health-care-senate.html?_r=0) a nearly $700 billion spending bill to fund the Pentagon. Representative Vicky Hartzler, Republican of Missouri, has proposed an amendment that would bar the Pentagon from spending money on transition surgery or related hormone therapy.

The same measure narrowly failed this month in the House, with some Republicans joining Democrats to reject it. But some conservative Republicans have said they would not support the military spending measure without the language banning money for gender transition.

The policy would affect only a small portion of the approximately 1.3 million active-duty members of the military. About 2,450 are transgender, according to a study by the RAND Corporation, though the estimated number of transgender service members has varied.

Mr. Trump’s policy was immediately criticized on Twitter. The American Civil Liberties Union said transgender members of the military deserve better

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Some say these Trans people use their health benefits that they get by serving in the military to change their P into a V.

Well who am I to judge, let them do whatever they want with their earned money.

airtel

Country flag
Some say these Trans people use their health benefits that they get by serving in the military to change their P into a V.

Well who am I to judge, let them do whatever they want with their earned money.

They change their gender with American taxpayer's money.

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
They change their gender with American taxpayer's money.
Counter:

But the tax exemptions are there for every citizen in the armed forces, he/she can use it in whatever way they want. So why the fury when a trans uses it?

And for the question above I voted YES

Let the great US Army turn into a fag army, hahahahahaha.

My loyalty lies with my nation alone.

Bahamut

Counter:

But the tax exemptions are there for every citizen in the armed forces, he/she can use it in whatever way they want. So why the fury when a trans uses it?

You cannot get a breast implant by taxpayer money
Army is responsible for the damage cause during your service with them not what you suffered from before you joined .Plus many of them have a poor mental health , exposing them to horror of war ,even slightly might easily lead to PTSD and suicide .

airtel

Country flag
Counter:

Logically if you are following liberal laws they should get taxpayer's money......

But those liberals lost the election and candidate of Christian conservatives =Donald Trump won the election.

That means now Christian conservatives will make the laws of the land and they are against LGBTs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles