Dog Eat Dog World- China

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I don’t see what’s the big deal in there, either you are a vegetarian or you are a non-vegetarian and if someone likes eating a different kind of meat to what I eat, though it might have been domesticated or brought up as a pet, it is entirely their personal choice and the government should have nothing to do with it and if something as been a part of culture for centuries then it be left alone just the way it was.

Sadly but then as humans we tend to be hypocrites of the highest order, fact remains either it is goat meat, or chicken meat or dog meat we are killing someone else to feed ourselves even when there remain alternate ways to do the same without killing or harming another life.

We in India let cannibalism happen in the name of religion, what can be more repulsive than that!

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
even when there remain alternate ways to do the same without killing or harming another life.
Sorry for nitpicking , we cannot eat anything without killing anything . plants have life too . Jagadish chadra bose got his nobel for proving it.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Sorry for nitpicking , we cannot eat anything without killing anything . plants have life too . Jagadish chadra bose got his nobel for proving it.
Sorry for nitpicking Sridhar. JC Bose never got a Nobel. ;)

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Thanks for the correction vinod. That was from my school time memory . I should be getting old .

no smoking

Country flag
Wow, Chinese are in such denial they think CCP doesn't control every facet of the country. Like there really are people representatives and democratic parties... it is called rubber stamp congress guy.
I find some friends here are such naive that they realy think CCP can control every facet of the country. If that is the case, why we have so many protest and riot happening in china? The only gov that can make is USSR before last 80s. Regarding the people representavtives and democratic parties, as a group they are rubber stamp with no way to resist CCP PARTY. BUT as a individual, they have more power than most of CCP members because they can talk to the top CCP officer of the country or region DIRECTLY. AND the leaders among them have a say in the CCP officer's promotion.

So, please do some homework.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I find some friends here are such naive that they realy think CCP can control every facet of the country. If that is the case, why we have so many protest and riot happening in china? The only gov that can make is USSR before last 80s. Regarding the people representavtives and democratic parties, as a group they are rubber stamp with no way to resist CCP PARTY. BUT as a individual, they have more power than most of CCP members because they can talk to the top CCP officer of the country or region DIRECTLY. AND the leaders among them have a say in the CCP officer's promotion.

So, please do some homework.
Guy, CCP is the power of China, like Kim is of DPRK. Democractic Peopls's Republic of Korea is as democratic as the different parties of National People's Congress. Besides the fact that country is run by one man, China is run by a commitee of very few people. All the parties in the NPC are sanctioned by those leaders. They do what is best for the CCP, all other parties are shoot outs of that will. CCP sanctions everything. If CCP is willing to hear that a dog meat ban is important, it is sanctioned by the party. They would quash it if it wasn't. The stealing of people's pets and picking stray dogs off the street to butcher them on the street is a national disgrace, CCP knows this. Legislation takes time but it will be passed and China will be all the better for it. You should be proud China is taking one further step to civilisation.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Thanks for the correction vinod. That was from my school time memory . I should be getting old .
If I am not mistaken, CV Raman did some study on plants, wherein he played music to plants or and based research on something of that sort. Do correct me, I vaguely remember this from my Science teachers lecture in 6th Grade. God Speed

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
CV Raman worked on something called Raman effect. This is an optical effect when light is scattered by a material (liquids in his case). You can observe the effect in the bathroom. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raman_Effect

He won a Nobel for this discovery.

Bose worked on the plant lives and wireless communication. He is supposed to be the pioneer even before Marconi in wireless communication!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.C._Bose

no smoking

Country flag
Guy, CCP is the power of China, like Kim is of DPRK. Democractic Peopls's Republic of Korea is as democratic as the different parties of National People's Congress. Besides the fact that country is run by one man, China is run by a commitee of very few people. All the parties in the NPC are sanctioned by those leaders. They do what is best for the CCP, all other parties are shoot outs of that will. CCP sanctions everything. If CCP is willing to hear that a dog meat ban is important, it is sanctioned by the party. They would quash it if it wasn't. The stealing of people's pets and picking stray dogs off the street to butcher them on the street is a national disgrace, CCP knows this. Legislation takes time but it will be passed and China will be all the better for it. You should be proud China is taking one further step to civilisation.
Yes, China is run by CCP. But it doesn't mean CCP can control everything in this country. CCP hates drug trading, but the drug is coming in. CCP doesn't like prostitutes, but they still exist in everywhere. When the mothers of victims of Sichuan earthquake are protesting, some of CCP officers lost their positions and the unpopular policies were cancelled. The thing is under dictatorship, there is still a kind of election: by bullet. You have to calculate your movement carefully. In today's china, lossing the support of public means the end of your political life: you will be replaced by your opposite in CCP.

In what circumstance, CCP would think banning dog meat is important? The majority of chinese supports it. Yes, butchering dog in the street is a disgusting thing but eating dog meat is not.

Sorry, I don't see how i should be proud to see a delicious food being taken off from the menu. I, as most of chinese, don't see dog as our closiest friends. Yes, legislation will take time: 50 or 100 years? Until most of chinese familiy have a dog as their pet, this banning would never be passed.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes, China is run by CCP. But it doesn't mean CCP can control everything in this country. CCP hates drug trading, but the drug is coming in. CCP doesn't like prostitutes, but they still exist in everywhere. When the mothers of victims of Sichuan earthquake are protesting, some of CCP officers lost their positions and the unpopular policies were cancelled. The thing is under dictatorship, there is still a kind of election: by bullet. You have to calculate your movement carefully. In today's china, lossing the support of public means the end of your political life: you will be replaced by your opposite in CCP.
CCP officials love prostitutes, they are their biggest customers. There is no election in China, if CCP sees it is causing unrest, they just change the position. As a CCP official, as long as you don't get your face plastered on the evening news they will sweep it under the rug. For every crime you see there are a million that are never adressed. That is why China is so corrupt.

In what circumstance, CCP would think banning dog meat is important? The majority of chinese supports it. Yes, butchering dog in the street is a disgusting thing but eating dog meat is not.
Unless there is a law banning it, people won't stop butchering them on the street. The law will force them to go underground and it won't be so public. It makes China look respectable to the West and appeases dog owners of China. It is a win-win for just about everybody including CCP. Only makes sense for them to push forward with this legislation.

Sorry, I don't see how i should be proud to see a delicious food being taken off from the menu. I, as most of chinese, don't see dog as our closiest friends. Yes, legislation will take time: 50 or 100 years? Until most of chinese familiy have a dog as their pet, this banning would never be passed.
As you say, CCP can't control the underground. You can still get your dog there, you just won't be fine dinning when you eat it. At least you won't have to watch butchered dogs on the street. It is worth it just to end that.

no smoking

Country flag
CCP officials love prostitutes, they are their biggest customers. There is no election in China, if CCP sees it is causing unrest, they just change the position. As a CCP official, as long as you don't get your face plastered on the evening news they will sweep it under the rug. For every crime you see there are a million that are never adressed. That is why China is so corrupt.
No, you are wrong. CCP officials don't love prostitutes, they love their mistress. They were and are always on one position: banning prostitute. Actually, it is common chinese that has begin to change the position: this policy has become more and more unpopular.

Unless there is a law banning it, people won't stop butchering them on the street. The law will force them to go underground and it won't be so public. It makes China look respectable to the West and appeases dog owners of China. It is a win-win for just about everybody including CCP. Only makes sense for them to push forward with this legislation.
Banning the buchering dog in the street has been forced in many city and countryside. But it does take time.

As you say, CCP can't control the underground. You can still get your dog there, you just won't be fine dinning when you eat it. At least you won't have to watch butchered dogs on the street. It is worth it just to end that.
Well, eating dog meat is not kind of some underground thing. I was always fine dinning when I eat it. And I oppose anyone trying to force chinese to give it up, especially westner.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
No, you are wrong. CCP officials don't love prostitutes, they love their mistress. They were and are always on one position: banning prostitute. Actually, it is common chinese that has begin to change the position: this policy has become more and more unpopular.
The "mistress" here again is prostitute.

CCP guys keep "baoernai" 包二奶, which is a "tier-1" prostitute. Here are the various tiers of prostitutes in China:
First tier - baoernai (包二奶)
Women who act as the "second wives" of men with money and influential positions, including government officials and entrepreneurs from the mainland, as well as overseas businessmen. This practice is defined as prostitution on the grounds that women in question actively solicit men who can provide them with fixed-term accommodation and a regular allowance. Women who engage in these acts will sometimes co-habit with their "clients" and may even have ambitions to become a real wife.

Second tier - baopo (包婆 "packaged wife")

Third tier - santing (三厅 "three halls")

Fourth tier - "doorbell girls" (叮咚小姐 "dingdong ladies")

Fifth tier - falangmei (发廊妹 "hairdressing salon sisters")

Sixth tier - jienü (街女 "street girls")

Seventh tier - xiagongpeng (下工棚 "down the work shack")
So call them "mistresses", they're still baoernai, technically prostitutes.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
What you call mistresses, we regard as prostitutes. Especially when they sleep with multiple party members.

Banning the buchering dog in the street has been forced in many city and countryside. But it does take time.
With a national ban of all dogmeat, no one will be butchering on the street.

Well, eating dog meat is not kind of some underground thing. I was always fine dinning when I eat it.
It isn't underground because it isn't illegal. Once it is, it will be. You won't be fine dining on dog meat once it is passed.

And I oppose anyone trying to force chinese to give it up, especially westner.
Am I trying to force you?? News to me that discussing a dog meat ban is the equivalent to the use of force.

nimo_cn

Country flag
The "mistress" here again is prostitute.

CCP guys keep "baoernai" 包二奶, which is a "tier-1" prostitute. Here are the various tiers of prostitutes in China:

So call them "mistresses", they're still baoernai, technically prostitutes.
Well, you are right, they are technically prostitutes, and they are illegal.

CCP bans this kind of thing, prostitutes, mistress, "baoernai" or whatever it is!

But the sad fact is, CCP seems to lose control of it, the phenomenon of "baoernai" is so common among corrupted officials that
people are getting used to it. But that doesn't mean CCP allows such thing, its stance on prostitute remain unchanged, it is illegal.

Some suggestions for you, tarun, when you are talking about CCP, remember CCP differs from individual CCP officials. CCP's principle is good, and
some misbehaving CCP officials can't change that.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In India, in the NE, they eat dogs. In fact, a black dog is preferred.

That is why most of the IA people tell them that they are vegetarians so that if the Gaon Buro (the village head) invites them for a feast, then they don't have to eat a dog.

During the Olympics in China, CCP ordered the Chinese Restaurants not to have dog meat preparations so that the guest i.e. foreigners are not repulsed!

p2prada

I honestly don't care who eats what as long as it is not human. Eat a spider if you want, or the backside of a donkey for all I care. I am more repulsed by the fact that they were actually selling and eating dead foetus.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Except Man no other animal gives a thought to its source of nutrition. Eating meat is a personal Choice. You shouldn't tax yourself over what you eat.

no smoking

Country flag
With a national ban of all dogmeat, no one will be butchering on the street.
We can make the law to force the butchering made inside instead of outside. In this law, we can also require buthering the dog in a more "Civillised" way.

It isn't underground because it isn't illegal. Once it is, it will be. You won't be fine dining on dog meat once it is passed.
That is why it won't pass. When majority of Chinese still want to eat dog meat, CCP won't dare to ban it.

Am I trying to force you?? News to me that discussing a dog meat ban is the equivalent to the use of force.
Did I point at you? Make a law to please west, that would be the thing Chinese won't forgive CCP.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
We can make the law to force the butchering made inside instead of outside. In this law, we can also require buthering the dog in a more "Civillised" way.
The bill is to ban all dog and cat meat. No compromise will be made.

That is why it won't pass. When majority of Chinese still want to eat dog meat, CCP won't dare to ban it.
You will do as you're told or CCP will mow you over with tanks. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Did I point at you?
You say westerners are forcing you, we haven't done anything but talk.

Make a law to please west, that would be the thing Chinese won't forgive CCP.
Just like CCP did when Olympics came to please the West. clap

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Well, you are right, they are technically prostitutes, and they are illegal.

CCP bans this kind of thing, prostitutes, mistress, "baoernai" or whatever it is!

But the sad fact is, CCP seems to lose control of it, the phenomenon of "baoernai" is so common among corrupted officials that
people are getting used to it. But that doesn't mean CCP allows such thing, its stance on prostitute remain unchanged, it is illegal.

Some suggestions for you, tarun, when you are talking about CCP, remember CCP differs from individual CCP officials. CCP's principle is good, and
some misbehaving CCP officials can't change that.
I was backing Armand's point that CCP officials break the laws they make. So when they - the lawmakers - don't regard their laws, you can understand how much of a regard people lower down the chain have for anti-prostitution laws. This is the main reason prostitution is rife in China despite laws in place.

And no, it's not the laws and intentions of the CCP that matter, its their implementation and enforcement that do. As long as laws such as these can be gotten around by people within CCP, then laws on something as trivial as dog meat consumption would be too easy to flout....the point Armand is making.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles