Do you think India is worth protecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genius

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am posing this question to learn, so I hope the moderators won't delete it or ban me. I only want to know the reasons, hence this post.

There are so many flag-waving patriots in India that it is astounding. What do people see in this country that makes them want to protect it with such passion? India is a horrible, dehumanizing country - most people complain about it all the time. There is not even one good thing about which people rejoice - Indians always complain about India.

Yet the very same people protect it all the same. Contradiction? It is like a rape victim vehemently protecting her rapist, no matter what. She complains about getting raped while at the same time protecting the rapist. Suicidal? I can understand a Swedish person protecting their country - at least their country has given them something in the form of safety net, social security, human rights, unemployment benefits, medical benefits, free education etc ..... so naturally, the person feels 'patriotic' enough to defend it.

But why would Indians, of all people, be patriotic? This country repeatedly abuses you, takes away your rights, and yet you defend it? India is basically a heaven for the very rich, very privileged, but a hell for 90% of population. A rich man in India can even get away with murder, whereas you will be tortured in prison for stealing an apple.... this is the kind of country you want to protect?

p.s.
I am half-expecting the usual suspects to call me a pakistani, muslim etc. and abuse me rather than address the points that I have raised.

pmaitra

How does complaining about India deny one the right to protect India? If a person complains there are not enough toilets in India, is that person supposed to stand back and relax if Pakistanis shell Indian villages?

Read about Sweden before commenting on Sweden.

Where is the contradiction other than vague assertions with no example to support it?

Where is the evidence that India is hell for 90% of the people?

Understand the difference between the ellipsis and the comma.

WTH is "etc." followed by an ellipsis?

Thread closed, and re-opened on user's request.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I knew that this was a @genius thread the moment I saw the title.

Hell, Pakis never give up, gotta give it to them. Even after being hammered multiple times, they just don't give up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I am posing this question to learn, so I hope the moderators won't delete it or ban me. I only want to know the reasons, hence this post.

There are so many flag-waving patriots in India that it is astounding. What do people see in this country that makes them want to protect it with such passion? India is a horrible, dehumanizing country - most people complain about it all the time. There is not even one good thing about which people rejoice - Indians always complain about India.

Yet the very same people protect it all the same. Contradiction? It is like a rape victim vehemently protecting her rapist, no matter what. She complains about getting raped while at the same time protecting the rapist. Suicidal? I can understand a Swedish person protecting their country - at least their country has given them something in the form of safety net, social security, human rights, unemployment benefits, medical benefits, free education etc ..... so naturally, the person feels 'patriotic' enough to defend it.

But why would Indians, of all people, be patriotic? This country repeatedly abuses you, takes away your rights, and yet you defend it? India is basically a heaven for the very rich, very privileged, but a hell for 90% of population. A rich man in India can even get away with murder, whereas you will be tortured in prison for stealing an apple.... this is the kind of country you want to protect?

p.s.
I am half-expecting the usual suspects to call me a pakistani, muslim etc. and abuse me rather than address the points that I have raised.

Yes India is worth protecting because Bharata Mata has promised us that if you hold the pass port of India you will go straight to heaven no matter what you do in your life!

from the beginning we were told that if you defend this mythical being and also the president of India you will get some points in your life which will be helpful for special treatment in paradise .

The world is increasingly becoming against this so called Indian Nationality because some of us are radicals and believe in India supremacy, We follow what the president has done in his life whether it is right or wrong, since some mythical being always supported him and also testified about him even though people never saw him. And also try to propagate the same beliefs through out the world no matter how blind, oppressive and radical they are.

vikas_g

Yes India is worth protecting because Bharata Mata has promised us that if you hold the pass port of India you will go straight to heaven no matter what you do in your life!

from the beginning we were told that if you defend this mythical being and also the president of India you will get some points in your life which will be helpful for special treatment in paradise .

Bhai please don't try talking sense to such brainwashed chaps , better ignore than take the bait

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Instead of abusing me, can people just answer one question: what's in it for you?

You think anyone's going to give you a medal for being patriotic? Land? Money? Status? You get nothing by being patriotic ... aside from high blood pressure, lol. Patriots are emotional people often manipulated by politicians for their own benefit.

We belive in life after death that we will go to paradise, even though we are suffering here on earth because of our belief in India, we wait for death to come and check into paradise.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
You are a typical guy who believes in some mythical entity and its nationality.

Yes India is a developing country, we believe this century belongs to India, History will be made in India and people are going to witness. Why worry about small things that are not available right now when India is going to rule in the near future? When you talk about India remember you are talking about 1.2 Billion people, a civilization which dates thousands of years, tolerance, freedom, human rights and democracy.

India may not have provided some facilities to all the people, But India has proved in the last decade that it can lift the poor out of poverty line and make people's life prosperous.

India is not a reluctant state to not to provide the facilities you have mentioned, It is that Indian economy is not yet at that level to provide the facilities, Yet India gives the belief and confidence that it will change the lives of people for the good.

Happens all over the world since Capitalists are the dominating breed in this world right now. That do not mean there are no means to counter the dominance of the rich.

P.S: To defend some thing some thing you need to have some kind of mind set, belief and capabilities, not every one can do that. Some are visible some are not visible but every one goes through the same process to get to that level. To achieve that mind set materialism do not work. Like if you do this you will get this.
Indians have this in plenty since they believe in the Idea of India which respects every one who he is and also gives equal opportunity to every one.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Don't get angry. Be objective. India is hell for most people. There's no getting around that. There is simply no such thing as social justice in India - the poor get punished for the most trivial crimes, whereas the rich get away with murder. The political class exists to plunder the nation. Police brutality is common. Human rights violation are common. Need I go on?

Point is, why support a nation that doesn't support you? Will you support a person who repeatedly abuses you? Of course not. So why support a nation that hates you, doesn't care for you, and only uses you?
I am being objective. Read my first paragraph. Where is your objective answer?

Also you said: Thread closed, and re-opened on user's request.

There is no need to use a comma in this instance because 're-opened on user's request' is NOT an independent clause. A comma is used to separate independent clauses, remember? You've used 'and' as a coordinating conjunction, but where is the independent clause following that? Learn to use a comma properly before lecturing other people on grammar. :rofl:
A comma may be used to separate two dependent clauses.

Commas | Punctuation Rules

Check 3b, 3c, and 10.

If you need help understanding your error (". . . but where is the independent clause following that?"), reply in Chit Chat Thread.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Another idiotic thread.

Requires to be closed lest all who read become idiotic.

Will get Closed for the sake of maintaining sanity in India and around the world.

And to not only protect India, but the world, Mars and the Solar System.

Careful.

Last edited:

pmaitra

@Ray Sir, I have closed it this time. I think you forgot to close it. :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray Sir, I have closed it this time. I think you forgot to close it. :)
Thank you for closing this idiotic thread.

Yes I forgot to close it since I was being seized by the insanity of the content of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles