Close: 4946.80

Closing Time of trade : 3:30 PM IST

Data updated: 4:01:41 PM IST, 12th September, 2011

Loss: 112.65, -2.23%

TOP GAINERS :

Bombay Stock Exchange : (BSE)

Hindustan Unilever, Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.(SUN PHARMA), Cipla

National Stock Exchange (NSE/Nifty):

Ambuja Cements, Hindustan Unilever, Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.(SUN PHARMA), ACC, Cipla

(Source: Bombay Stock Exchange - BSE site for SENSEX, stock quotes and market trend , Market Live , BSE Sensex , http://www.nseindia.com/, http://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_market.htm, http://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/live_index_watch.htm, http://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_analysis/top_gainers_losers.htm?cat=G)

Regards
Ambuja Cements gave me good returns last week.

Bought it around 142.8 and sold it off on 21 st for 149 and again short sell @ 148 and bought back at 143 on 23rd.

With a lot size 2000 @ 2 , 44,000 was the profit alone in ambuja..

I would be posting my recommendations from now on..let all guys here get rich too.

SpArK

SORCERER
Hindalco looks a good buy @127.50+..with lot of 1000.(take it to october) has hit 52 week low and Span margin is low.

BSE Sensex Falls Below 16,000 Points

SpArK

SORCERER
My recommendation yesterday -> Hindalco went to 135 ..

With a gain of 7.5 points and lot size of 1000 ... profit was 7500 minimum per lot...

Span Margin ( minimum amount reqd for a lot) was around just 28K.

So the profit sounds sweet.:thumb:

Pintu

Sebi to study STT impact for stock market - The Economic Times

6 Oct, 2011, 06.16PM IST, PTI
Sebi to study STT impact for stock market

NEW DELHI: Capital market regulator Sebi is reviewing the impact on the stock market turnover from a possible scrapping of securities transaction tax (STT), which is levied on all sale and purchase in the equity market.

The regulatory authority is in favour of a complete or phased withdrawal of the levy and it expects any such move to positively impact the market turnover, a senior official said.

The Sebi ( Securities and Exchange Board of India) is assessing the estimated gains in terms of the overall stock market turnover volumes as also for the savings that investors and traders might realise from the withdrawal of this tax, which is being levied on stock market transactions since October 2004, he added.

The regulator would submit the findings of its review to the Finance Ministry at the time of its submissions for the next year's union budget proposals.

The Ministry's capital markets division is said to be in favour of reviewing the STT framework with a view of either scrapping it altogether or in a phased manner, but a final call is likely to be taken by the revenue department as such a proposal would lead to loss of tax revenues for the government.

The government is estimated to have garnered about Rs 7,500 crore through STT in the fiscal year 2010-11, while about Rs 7,400 crore was collected during 2009-10.

The market players have been demanding withdrawal of STT ever since it was introduced in 2004 and they claim that removal of this levy would help the market grow further.

The rate of this levy has anyway come down considerably since its introduction at the rate of 0.15 per cent. Currently, the rates range from 0.025 per cent to 0.125 per cent depending on different market segments such as cash dealings, intra-day trade and derivatives markets.

The tax was introduced during the budget proposals for the year 2004-05 by the then Finance Minister P Chidamabram as part a strategy to rationalise the tax structure for the capital market.

However, the levy has faced opposition for all these years and Sebi, as also the stock exchanges and various market entities, have been demanding a review of the STT regime by the government.

Even a high-powered expert panel on potential of Mumbai as an international finance centre had suggested scrapping of the STT levy, saying it was a dampener for the international investors' interest in Indian markets.

The panel -- which comprised eminent persons like former Sebi Chairman C B Bhave, former SBI Chairman O P Bhatt, K V Kamath, Ravi Narain, Nimesh Kampani and P J Nayak - had also suggested withdrawal of stamp duty levied on the value of instruments used in various market transactions.

SpArK

SORCERER
Positive market expected today after 2 days of mayhem..

Playing with maruti is good for today.

SpArK

SORCERER
Buy GVKPIL futures (8000 lot) .. margin required is around 18000.........@ 13.35 (current rate)

A 1 lakh margin in account can fetch upto 5 lots.

Its expected to hit 15.40 in a weeks time or early.

Expected return of atleast 80000 as profit.

Pintu

Sensex drops 207 pts

Sensex drops 207 pts
Press Trust Of India / Mumbai November 10, 2011, 0:56 IST

The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) benchmark, Sensex, on Wednesday fell by 207 points to close at 17,362.10 on intense selling across banking, realty and auto stocks, triggered by rating agency Moody's lower outlook on the banking system and State Bank of India's rising level of bad loans. The 30-share Sensex resumed higher and witnessed alternate bouts of buying and selling in early trade. Soon, intense selling pressure emerged, bringing down the barometer to 17,362.10 at close, a net loss of 207.43 points or 1.2 per cent.

The National Stock Exchange Nifty fell by 68.30 points, or 1.3 per cent, to 5,221.05. "The banking sector disturbed the overall sentiment for the day. SBI reporting higher than expected NPAs and Moody's downgrade of the Indian banking system to 'negative' were enough to create capitulation in stocks," said Milan Bavishi, head (research), Inventure Growth and Securities.

Amid worries of mounting bad loans, the SBI scrip tanked 6.7 per cent to end the day as the biggest Sensex loser.

Tata Steel (4 per cent), Maruti Suzuki (3.8 per cent), Hindalco (3.7 per cent) and DLF (3.6 per cent) were the other biggest losers. Bucking the trend, Hindustan Unilever rose by 2.85 per cent, followed by IT majors Wipro (2.1 per cent) and TCS (1.78 per cent). Hero MotoCorp, too, gained 0.91 per cent.

Among the sectoral indices, the BSE-Bankex fell 2.62 per cent. BSE-Metal and BSE-Realty fell 2.5 per cent and 2.48 per cent, respectively.

mahesh

Country flag
OMG, all this time i never knew there was a stock market thread in DFI:shocked:

Great to see stock traders around here, I'm one of the who makes more loss then profit & loose a lot of money in intraday market, :sad: still learning by myself, finding hard to make profit, can anyone advice me please i really want my money back. and start profiting

Pintu

Mahesh, yes, it is the 2nd edition since, older is in archive, I think Spark can guide you , even our Sr. Moderators as Riteshji, Yusuf bhai can suggest you in great way.

Regards

mahesh

Country flag
Mahesh, yes, it is the 2nd edition since, older is in archive, I think Spark can guide you , even our Sr. Moderators as Riteshji, Yusuf bhai can suggest you in great way.

Regards
Spark Riteshji Yusuf bhai , mere guruvo please mujhe guide karo please...:hail:

SpArK

SORCERER

Great to see stock traders around here, I'm one of the who makes more loss then profit & loose a lot of money in intraday market, :sad: still learning by myself, finding hard to make profit, can anyone advice me please i really want my money back. and start profiting

Instead of intraday in cash , do futures keeping atleast a week's time to get the profit.

Since u said ur budget is around 50000, i suggest you keep a market watch of futures around shares which needs 35000 as capital .

Inditrade

Keep a track on these and follow them regularly and using the nse-india site get the info on how they performed on 3 months time , remember to choose Derivatives option in the front page and enter the script name.

Check for the prices and you get a basic idea on whats the high and low.

Also whenever you buy or sell something do check the moneycontrol website and check for the comments section , where things which are unknown are usually discussed.

These are some basic "safe" things you can begin with.

Also make sure u keep track on asian markets the morning u trade to get the usual market behavior.

We will discuss it further later.

Galaxy

Country flag
Instead of intraday in cash , do futures keeping atleast a week's time to get the profit.

Since u said ur budget is around 50000, i suggest you keep a market watch of futures around shares which needs 35000 as capital .

Inditrade

Keep a track on these and follow them regularly and using the nse-india site get the info on how they performed on 3 months time , remember to choose Derivatives option in the front page and enter the script name.

Check for the prices and you get a basic idea on whats the high and low.

Also whenever you buy or sell something do check the moneycontrol website and check for the comments section , where things which are unknown are usually discussed.

These are some basic "safe" things you can begin with.

Also make sure u keep track on asian markets the morning u trade to get the usual market behavior.

We will discuss it further later.
What you saying man, Derivatives specially Stock future are High Risk trading. What if stock comes down/goes up from Buying/shorting level by 10% ? That person will lose30%-50% capital per lot as per leverage. In 50,000 he can't even buy 1 Lot stock future until he is over levered which itself is very risky.

In 50,000 capital, Best thing to do is try Positional cash market trading (2-3 days to 2-3 weeks) provided that you buy quality stocks in downturn with strict stoploss. Once you increase the capital from 50k to around 1 lac, Then 1-2 lots of Nifty future is also quite good. Even one can try 1-2 mini nifty but one needs proper knowledge and experience before starting. Cash market is best for starter. :namaste:

Galaxy

Country flag

Avoid Intraday in starting. Try positional cash market trading.

Disclosure: I am pro.

SpArK

SORCERER
What you saying man, Derivatives specially Stock future are High Risk trading. What if stock comes down/goes up from Buying/shorting level by 10% ? That person will lose30%-50% capital per lot as per leverage. In 50,000 he can't even buy 1 Lot stock future until he is over levered which itself is very risky.

In 50,000 capital, Best thing to do is try Positional cash market trading (2-3 days to 2-3 weeks) provided that you buy quality stocks in downturn with strict stoploss. Once you increase the capital from 50k to around 1 lac, Then 1-2 lots of Nifty future is also quite good. Even one can try 1-2 mini nifty but one needs proper knowledge and experience before starting. Cash market is best for starter. :namaste:
I am good in high risks only mate.
I trade with around 7-8 lakhs everyday in F&O.

Galaxy

Country flag
I can understand. Those who trade in F&O regularly, they don't prefer cash market. It's like those who drive hayabusa regularly they feel Karizma as boring and very slow. :lol:

Take care of your derivative trading. Trade with trend/level and not with emotion. Follow SL and keeping making good profit. Good Luck mate. :thumb:

mahesh

Country flag
my friend and me are new to stock market field, it was our ambition from our college life. he was investing 30k in beginning, and is having india bulls as broker, as he was getting minimal profits from cash market, his broker advice him to invest in options, so recently he invested 10k in got 6 k profit in 4 days, then next week lost all 10k. recent he lost 7K too.
so i wonder how you play with 7 to 8 lakhs , a lot of , i mean a hell lot of risk involved :thumb:

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
my friend and me are new to stock market feild, it ws our ambition from our college life. he was investing 30k in beginign, and is having india bulls as broker, as he was getting minimal profits from cash market, his broker advice him to invest in options, so recently invested 10k in got 6 ks in 4 days, then next week lost all 10k, recent he lost 7K.
so i wonder how you play with 7 to 8 lakhs , a lot of , i mean a hell lot of risk involved
Yup... options are relatively lesser riskier.

Also a market inside news to be cautious.

There is a possibility of downgrade coming up.. so a crash , a massive is expected...so always go with stop loss.

It can happen anytime from now.

mahesh

Country flag
Yup... options are relatively lesser riskier.

Also a market inside news to be cautious.

There is a possibility of downgrade coming up.. so a crash , a massive is expected...so always go with stop loss.

It can happen anytime from now.
hmm i'm only into cash market, anyway i will convey this to my friend.
find difficult to play with cash market itself, i still have to learn about futures and options. i was advice to stay in cash market until get experienced.
i have trading account at SBI, brokerage is 0.075%, too high comparing to other brokerage. :( didn't knew about it.

SpArK

SORCERER
hmm i'm only into cash market, anyway i will convey this to my friend.
find difficult to play with cash market itself, i still have to learn about futures and options. i was advice to stay in cash market until get experienced.
i have trading account at SBI, brokerage is 0.075%, too high comparing to other brokerage. :( didn't knew about it.

If u cant take risk , just wait for a crash. its inevitable now.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles