Discussion About Indian Football

Sabir

DFI TEAM

some goals scored by Robin last session.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Today Prayag United reached semi-final defeating Sporting Club De Goa by 2-1. Though the Goan team played well especially their ability to play 7-8 constructive passes flawlessly (in one occassion I counted around 20) is praiseworthy, they lost to the experience of the Kolkata team which include players like Dipak Mandal, Yakubu, Jesimer, Lal Kamal Bhowmic, Tulunga,Bello Razaq etc. For the Goan team young Jovel martins and Dawsan Fernandege were quite impressive.

In another match played in Pune, Pailan Arrows lost to Salgaokar by 0-2. Weakened by lose of top players like Jeje, Raju Gaikowad,Jewel raja, Ralte it was difficult task for the young team to take on the Goans.Arrow players could not impress at all. On the other hand two young players of Salgaokar Francis Fernandege and Gilbert Oliviera in both flanks were excellent (which made my think why these guys are not in first XI of national team). Arrow team seems to have ex-JCT players to fill in the blanks of their top players. However they have failed to build any reputation for them.

Prayag United will face East Bengal and Salgaokar will face Lajang FC in the semi-finals. Most probably we are going to see a East Bengal vs Salgaokar final this time , if these teams maintain their performance in the semies.

trojan

Country flag
Armando turns down AIFF's 1-yr contract

NEW DELHI: National coach Armando Colaco is understood to have rejected the AIFF offer for 1-year contract.
"It makes no sense to accept a one-year deal when I am contracted with Dempo for three years and share an excellent relationship with the chairman (Shrinivas Dempo). A one-year deal is not acceptable to me," stated Colaco here.
The AIFF had given Armando a lifeline. The executive committee, presided over by AIFF president Praful Patel, had met on Thursday and decided to give Colaco a one-year contract with a rider. "He has to resign from Dempo and take up the National coach's job full-time if he is interested," said the federation's general secretary, Kushal Das.
"In my discussion with the general secretary (Kushal Das) I had clearly expressed my wish for a 5-year term during which I can implement all my ideas. I do not have a magic wand to bring in the desired results within a year," divulged Armando.
Oheraldo Goa's complete online news edition :: Armando-turns-down-AIFF-s-1-yr-contract

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I thing the dutch man will join TD. As a coach. Karim benchrifa will be better. He is coaching Indian clubs for long time. he understands the things here. However Colaco's concept of passing football should be followed. At the same time, young players should be given more chances . They should prepare for 2018 Wc from now.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
East Bengal will face Salgaokar in the final tomorrow. Both the teams had narrow escape in the semi-finals. Salgaokar defeated Lajong FC by a injury-time goal despite the fact that N-E team dominated the game completely. In other semi-final East Bengal weakend severely by loss of Robin Singh, Mehtab Hussain, Raju Gaikowad and partially Penn faced Pryag United. Prayag United completely overpowerd East Bengal thanks to brilliant performance of Lal Kamal Bhowmic, Malswamtulunga, Denson Debdas, Yakubu, Joshimer, Arnab Mondal, Dipak Mondal etc.. (quite a strong team they are). Unfortunately Dipak Mondal and jeshimer were given marching orders for two yellow cards. East Bengal manged to secure the game with a brilliant shot of Khemtang Paite from the top of box. The match was very attractive as per Indian standerd; less mispasses and heavily fought.

It is expected East Bengal will get their full team in the final. It will be a very entertaining Bangla -Goa clash.

trojan

Country flag
India demolish krygystan 7-0 in U 16 afc championship 2012 qualifiers.

uttam rai scores 5

trojan

Country flag
India defeated bahrain 2-1 in AFC u16 qualifiers. thus took revenge for senior team who lost to bahrain in asia cup in january :D
now India have a good chance to qualify for the AFC U16 cup in 2012 in Iran. top 4 teams in AFC U16 cup play U17 World cup in 2013.

India next play Uzbekistan on oct 5th who are a powerhouse at this level.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
The Ujbeks won 9-0 :( Though the Indian boys started well , after conceiveing couple of goals they became dis-oriented. Any way it can happen because they are young and inexperienced. Hope they will back in form and defeat the Tajiks in the last match to ensure a place in the AFC championship. Ujbekistan is very strong side and one ofr the contenders for the main tournament itself along with Korea, Austraslia, Japan , Iran etc.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
9-0 loss to Uzbekistan is criminal.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
In junior level such big margin is not uncommon. Young boys often lose heart, get confused after conceiving one or two goals. India won its first match 7-0 against Kyrghizistan. But Uzbekistan , especially this U16 team is very strong. But India has chance to qualify as the second best team of the group.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
India qualifies for AFC U16 Championship 2012.

Despite a heavy loss against the Ujbeks, India qualifies for AFC U16 Championship 2012 after defeating tajikistan 4-1 in their last match.

Congrats little brothers........

:thumb:

trojan

Country flag
Bayern Munich may play India on january 10th in New Delhi

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
All India Football Federation goes Dutch with Baan

The All India Football Federation (AIFF) officially appointed Dutchman Robert Baan as the Technical Director (TD) for a period of two years, it was announced on Tuesday.

Baan, 68, has a 46-year experience in football management and was involved in a similar capacity with the Australia Football Federation. Baan is one of the most high profile coaches to have worked in India having been an assistant coach at PSV Eindhoven from 1995-98 and also the TD at Feynoord Rotterdam from 1998-2004.

He has also been the TD of the Netherlands youth team. He was briefly appointed a caretaker manager of the senior Dutch team for a match against Cyprus back in 1981. He performed a similar duty during Socceroos' 1-0 win over Nigeria in 2007.

The TD will also drive the development of a philosophy and style of playing. He will also be the main link between the newly-planned academies, the age-group and senior national teams. Baan will be taking charge from November 1 and is expected to have a major say in appointment of India's next coach.

"With its dazzling 1.2 billion people, rich history and culture India is a sleeping giant. In the next two years I will work hard together with PSV and AIFF to lay the groundwork for the future of Indian football. I see it as my job to create the right conditions based on the Dutch school but with a strong Indian signature," Baan said.

The players whose careers have been guided by Baan include Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Johan Neeskens, Ronald de Boer and more recently, Robin van Persie and Dirk Kuyt.

All India Football Federation goes Dutch with Baan - Sport - DNA

trojan

Country flag
India u19 defeated turkmenistan u19 in AFC cup qualifier.

India next plays Iran on 2nd nov.

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Ujbekistan and Iran are favourite from the group. First two teams will qualify (and only two third-best from so many groups). So India has to take point atleast one of these two tough game. other teams are Pakistan and Afghanistan. Uzbekistan defeated pakistan 3-0.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
One day India will have a player that will be better than pele & maradona combined and we will win the world cup.

:india:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles