Digvijay: My Hero

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Unless, as Archer said, we confront the demons openly and not hide behind political niceties like "Terror has no religion" ,"It has no color" this war will not be won. Period.Just because we like to hide our head in the sand it does not mean the world is dark around us.
There should be no political niceties in fighting terror. Calling it by any religion or not does not make it politically nice or nasty. We will be stuck in the politics of it forever. Terrorism in all forms by whoever has to be fought. Be it lunatics who call themselves Muslims or Hindus.

No one denies that a majority of terrorist activity comes from the "Islamic" world. The world is fighting that. But if there is even a hint of it coming from any other community should it not be fought and nipped in the bud? Or are we going to say just because the other community is doing it we will do it as well or worse deny it's existence even if it exists?

Whatever terrorism is going on is not targeted against any community because all people are suffering. The intention of the enemy is clear.

*Create communal divide in India
* Harm Indian economy
* create instability
Most importantly show the world that india is as bad as Pakistan when it comes to terror.

arya

Country flag
he is open pakistan agent

worst person i have every seen a black dark on indian name

arya

Country flag
is it not funny even home min ,pm dont know but he know who is behind

he know before the crime what a crap person he is just beacuse of him rahul will hurt his image

Vyom

Seeker
its not that hard. you pick those guys int the community who are sane, able to introspect and dont have a vested interest in having the problems continue. in india today, we have supported the two worst groups both of which are the problem, not the solution, thats the joke that is indian secularism as versus true secularism. we have supported assorted leaders of jamaats etc who are very obscurantist and take offense at everything - whether it be mumbai showing arvind swamy marrying a muslim girl (there were riots in my town because of that) or the other extreme, the left leaning liberal intelligentsia who will attack the bjp/rss at every turn but will not admit to their own problems bar an occasional case. these are the sahmat, teesta types who manufacture a sense of victimhood that things are bad because the rightwing hindus are responsible for all ills, mobilize, mobilize. both groups are used as convenient foils by the congress.

if you actually see, there are enough muslims out there who are not really into victimhood, or hate hindus and do understood that mocking hindu Gods etc is equally insensitive. they may even sit and talk their issues out with the BJP/RSS and even come to some sort of consensus about mutually accepted behaviour, if not those then even with the shankaracharyas or others or the ramdevs. basically across the spectrum. for those of us who dont adhere to any group, we'll get along with these guys as well.

it is they who can lead the light. but you will never hear about them or see them in a public position and that is the tragedy IMO of muslim leadership in india. the muslims we grew up with, who were fine human beings and deserve to lead will never be given a chance because they are not able to play the communal vote bank game, and are hence useless to the congress. these guys will be mocked as fake muslims by the fanatics, and drowned out by the cynical left leaning kinds. the kinds of kalam are actually many, it speaks volumes that only one of his type has been allowed to come up through the indian system. you know who opposed him tooth and nail, the indian left, the same bleeding heart group which claims to represent indian muslims versus the right. media even ran articles suddenly from nowhere on how he was lousy, drdo was lousy so he didnt deserve to be president. bidwai etc slammed him. this is how truly they care. zakaria of newsweeks dad ran an article, you'll find it on the net, saying how kalam was not a real muslim because he was more hindu than muslim, and this guy was a leading light of the inc. see how things are played out.
btw, you know who coined the term jihadis for j&k, maj gen afsir karim of the paras. no BS, and no fear or inferiority complex either in calling what it was like either. its a tragedy that the indian muslim community has not been allowed to use the kind of people it has, as versus those who have been propped up as its leaders
So at the end of it, the problem basically falls to the pseudo-secularists and Congress that milks them right? If that is the question, the answer would dwell in a gigantic character and leadership of the opposition in the polity. What people in general want? They want development and leaders whom they can look up to show them the right path. If your problem has to be defeated the country would need such an opposition in force, and if there is none, then we must do something about it. And if there is, they should not be defeated in the elections, and if they are defeated, then your solution would have to start with them.

Archer

Country flag
There should be no political niceties in fighting terror. Calling it by any religion or not does not make it politically nice or nasty. We will be stuck in the politics of it forever. Terrorism in all forms by whoever has to be fought. Be it lunatics who call themselves Muslims or Hindus.

No one denies that a majority of terrorist activity comes from the "Islamic" world. The world is fighting that. But if there is even a hint of it coming from any other community should it not be fought and nipped in the bud? Or are we going to say just because the other community is doing it we will do it as well or worse deny it's existence even if it exists?

Whatever terrorism is going on is not targeted against any community because all people are suffering. The intention of the enemy is clear.

* Harm Indian economy
* create instability
Most importantly show the world that india is as bad as Pakistan when it comes to terror.
Again, you miss the points made and try to equivocate. this actually shows how much the confusion spread by the likes of ds has confused the issue.

You want anything and everything to be explored even if there "is a hint of it coming from the other community it should be fought and worse deny its existence etc etc". But you yourself admit the majority of terrorism is coming from the muslim world (actually pakistan, its not like who attacks another country necessarily attacks india), and in response to that, you want a wide ranging effort to be launched against the possibility of terror from other community ...why because that is some sort of fairs fair business.

This is actually the most dangerous thing ever.

What it does is it breaks the law and order machinery further and incites even more confusion, they can barely handle the existing threat, and now they have to waste their energies chasing a threat which is not even a fraction, barely at that, proven to exist. It also leaves current muslim leadership confused who know think the problem is not internal but a scam, a conspiracy!

You have a police system which is undermanned, understaffed, and even barely effective thanks to structural issues of corruption and bureaucracy, now you want to politicize it further to make both communities feel equal. and end result is effectiveness goes down even more.

Many simi activists have been caught. some prosecuted, the case could stand up in front of the judiciary. Clearly, it was not a myth.

So far the govt has not been able to even prosecute the so called hindu terror activists. only a trial by media has occurred so far, and if the case is evident, why is it not in court? The US Govt with detailed access to pak intel blames the samjhauta blasts for instance on LeT. The Goi till date has not been able to show who did it. Only names of this guy, that woman, this guy. But no case.

The point is fairly clear, either the hindu terror bogey has been manufactured with an eye towards elections at worst, or at best, still lacks credible evidence because of which it has not been able to be prosecuted. in either ways, its not the primary threat.

So what are we left with? An overstretched law and order machinery, an already corrupt, political one since IPS reforms were not established, and at the same time, one which is unable to deal with SIMI/IM. According to reports, most of IB is used by the GOI to keep tabs on political rivals!

And in this case, where resources are already stretched, you want them to chase after the chimera. In the meantime, you will have politicians loudly announcing the hindu terror bogey like the guy after whom this thread has started and further create a communal problem. Can you really not see what is going on? Wikileaks even shows the US Ambassador openly criticizing the post 26/11 commentary leaders as political and divide and rule.

What this tactic has already resulted in, ever since this hindu terror bogey was created was a complete lack of ability to do the primary job itself. When ATS was supposed to be keeping an eye on guys like Headley getting local support, something which they still havent been able to determine, 26/11 happened. And at the time what was the primary focus of Maharashtra ATS. Almost daily leaks of hindu terror, how theyd solve it and so forth.
Many days thence after all that organized publicity, still no case and not one which can stand in court.

Meanwhile 26/11 happened, hundreds killed, many muslims included and the same chap who has been shooting his mouth off about hindu terror, then attended meetings saying 26/11 rss ki saazish. He even created a controversy about hemant karkare till the latters widow said, enough.

So what happened after that, did Govt realise its mistake and suddenly india became effective? No. India was begging the US to get to know what headley did and what rana said, and only limited access was granted. What a joke. A country thousands of km away, knows more about our neighbour and LeT than we do.

Some years on, again there are attacks, again govt is caught totally flat footed and guess what is being said, "hindu terror also needs to be investigated", and sane educated people like you who should understand the game that is being played, to disguise the fact that the Govt is using this as away to disguise incompetence, and do vote bank politics, still cannot understand it.

Its amazing. Here we have a manufactured bogey which is yet to be proven in any sense, only names all over the media, he said she said, and less said about the media & its ties with power the better. And yet it is proof and exists. Meanwhile, the existing threat, which is killing away, has evidence to show it is real, and is growing in strength is left scot free, whom does this benefit? It benefits nobody except certain politicians who are using it for elections.

Meanwhile ordinary indians, irrespective of religion continue to die.

This lack of logic is what befuddles me. With such non structured responses to a clear threat, we are bound to get hit again and again. As I said, its not that Pakistan is competent, its that Indians are so befuddled. With the sort of structure we have, the sort of keystone-cops response to terrorism, its no wonder we get hit. And this makes communal relations worse, not better. This is the reason for vigilantism, or terrorism, state abdicating its responsibility to protect ("we cant stop all attacks, 1% will get through)

There has been not a single hit in the US after 9/11. In India we had the achievement of coming in second after Iraq in terror violence. No wonder!

KS

Bye bye DFI
How do you propose we go about it? And do you mean to imply that since most terrorists belong to a particular religion, then others of the same community are naturally implicit?
That is the job of the politicians and the bureaucrats who have been elected to protect me. If I am to say everything to them let them give a part of their humongous salaries wasted on their name to me. I will resign my job and give them ideas all day.

That being said - till now we have tried hard enough to maintain this political nicety by not equating anyone with terror or for that sake equating everyone with terror so that one community alone will not be left out. Has that worked ? No sir, No.

Instead you have the very real threat of the other community also taking up arms at this perceived inaction of terror by a particular community. The politicians and their so called leaders instill a victim hood mentality within them and make them perceive that there is nothing wrong with them and everything is a big conspiracy by the evil brahmin RSS. Without that introspection within themselves do you think that terror problem can be won ?

The steps as you asked :-

1) Bring in Extremely Tough laws to deal with terror, not wishy washy laws whose only aim is to please some one in return for their votes.

2) TO prevent misuse, bring in tough accountability laws on the part of the policemen and suitable compensation suites in case the accused has been found innocent.

3)Establish special Anti-Terror courts whose only job is dealing with these cases and prevent overload in an already crowded judicial system

4) Establish a nodal Anti-Terror agency under the auspices of a Joint Parliamentary Commitee comprising of the two biggest National parties so that they are not used for poiltical purposes and are not under the control of one party.It should be accountable only to them and not to the Home Ministry.

5)Stop making this visit to the accused homes by the politicians (the likes of Digvijay) and pronouncing them innocent even before they are proved so.This influences the course of investigation.

6) After the conviction by the highest court , the terrorists MUST NOT have the option for mercy petition ? What are the grounds for mercy petition of convicted terrorists ? Did those fcuktards show mercy when they engineered any blast ? I find the whole mercy petition drama for terrorists a farce, a mockery.

These are some of the things I could think of and I'm sure if there is a will the much more knowledgeable bureaucrats can draft extremely effective laws.

natarajan

* Harm Indian economy
* create instability
whoever involved in terror act should be hanged whether it is raman or rahman
But why this government fearing to hang ajmal kasab,there is no strict law for removing terrorism but they want a communal act(a biased act ),still daewood is ruling Mumbai through politicians and even his properties are not seized .
I have one doubt
After 26/11 and 11/09 all of you shouting terrorism has no religion,but after samjautha express blast,all of us started shouting
hinduta terror,hindu terrorism etc.I have never heard muslim or islam terror from congress and dig vijay
So whenever other than hindus involved ,then terrorism looses its religion?

Vyom

Seeker
That is the job of the politicians and the bureaucrats who have been elected to protect me. If I am to say everything to them let them give a part of their humongous salaries wasted on their name to me. I will resign my job and give them ideas all day.

That being said - till now we have tried hard enough to maintain this political nicety by not equating anyone with terror or for that sake equating everyone with terror so that one community alone will not be left out. Has that worked ? No sir, No.

Instead you have the very real threat of the other community also taking up arms at this perceived inaction of terror by a particular community. The politicians and their so called leaders instill a victim hood mentality within them and make them perceive that there is nothing wrong with them and everything is a big conspiracy by the evil brahmin RSS. Without that introspection within themselves do you think that terror problem can be won ?

The steps as you asked :-

1) Bring in Extremely Tough laws to deal with terror, not wishy washy laws whose only aim is to please some one in return for their votes.

2) TO prevent misuse, bring in tough accountability laws on the part of the policemen and suitable compensation suites in case the accused has been found innocent.

3)Establish special Anti-Terror courts whose only job is dealing with these cases and prevent overload in an already crowded judicial system

4) Establish a nodal Anti-Terror agency under the auspices of a Joint Parliamentary Commitee comprising of the two biggest National parties so that they are not used for poiltical purposes and are not under the control of one party.It should be accountable only to them and not to the Home Ministry.

5)Stop making this visit to the accused homes by the politicians (the likes of Digvijay) and pronouncing them innocent even before they are proved so.This influences the course of investigation.

6) After the conviction by the highest court , the terrorists MUST NOT have the option for mercy petition ? What are the grounds for mercy petition of convicted terrorists ? Did those fcuktards show mercy when they engineered any blast ? I find the whole mercy petition drama for terrorists a farce, a mockery.

These are some of the things I could think of and I'm sure if there is a will the much more knowledgeable bureaucrats can draft extremely effective laws.
I know about tough terror laws. That is not what I meant. Your sentence was something that we should not hold ourselves back in naming a whole community. My contention is regarding that. Till now you must have refrained from putting your hands deliberately in fire, I am sure, because that is the right thing to do and would continue to be.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I know about tough terror laws. That is not what I meant. Your sentence was something that we should not hold ourselves back in naming a whole community. My contention is regarding that. Till now you must have refrained from putting your hands deliberately in fire, I am sure, because that is the right thing to do and would continue to be.
No - I would be extremely foolish in naming an entire community guilty for the wrongs of few of them. That is what I said by these lines in my previous post -

Look I understand that among a community of 160 million who are socially and educationally backward there will exist some bad apples who think about killing infidels,Caliphate etc. But its the job of the rest of the community to reject them and if possible bring them back on track. Instead of that if we start equivocating on the issue of terror and draw parallels to satisfy one self nothing is gonna improve.

Instead of making them introspect and creating the conducive atmosphere for that what our politicians do ? They vitiate the atmosphere and create a victim-hood mentality among them. They go visit the homes of the accused, the 'secular' media shows their family,of course without missing the statements of their children that their dad/brother is innocent and they are victimised. This tamasha must stop. As if this is not enough we then have loose cannons saying that they are not guilty and another community is involved.They make the masses go into a cocoon of denial - that they could do no wrong and with it goes the chance to self-introspect and remove the bad-fish among them if any.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So whenever other than hindus involved ,then terrorism looses its religion?
blame the effin politicians. Have the people of the Muslim community come out on the street and shouted Hindu/ Saffron terror? The name "Hindu/Saffron terror" itself was given by the politicians which was comfortably latched on to by the media.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Or are we going to say just because the other community is doing it we will do it as well or worse deny it's existence even if it exists?
Archer has replied to to your post as good as I can , but I would like to add one point.

I'm not asking for Hindus to rise up in arms and take revenge for these blasts, but the basic human nature irrespective of the faith is if they loose the faith in the system that is supposed to protect them and the politicians who were elected by them to represent them dance to vote-bank tunes,defintely some loony will rise up from this side to have his "own" justice. As wrong as it may seem, it is the stark reality.

If we don't want that to happen, God knows we don't, then we should stop being squeamish about this whole terror thing and openly confront the demons. Not hide behind external boggeymen when the real players are those as Amitabh tweeted - men who have lived and breathed in Indian air.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Archer, you and I are going in circles. I have no doubts about where terror is coming from. That part is well understood and accepted.

I said if there is any other unit, that too should be investigated and nipped in the bud.

You say that's diversionary and the police is overstretched and barely capable of doing it's job. So right now we will leave this small group alone and concentrate only on the bigger one and wait till this small group becomes a monster and has blown out of proportion.

For Gods sake we need to fight terror, major/minor whatever. Look at the state of Pakistan. It creates groups for doing something and now they are bombing their own place day in day out.

Again we know what's happening around us, and the fight is also on against it. But surely you don't want to let go of any other potential terrorist organization.

Vyom

Seeker
Archer, you and I are going in circles. I have no doubts about where terror is coming from. That part is well understood and accepted.

I said if there is any other unit, that too should be investigated and nipped in the bud.

You say that's diversionary and the police is overstretched and barely capable of doing it's job. So right now we will leave this small group alone and concentrate only on the bigger one and wait till this small group becomes a monster and has blown out of proportion.

For Gods sake we need to fight terror, major/minor whatever. Look at the state of Pakistan. It creates groups for doing something and now they are bombing their own place day in day out.

Again we know what's happening around us, and the fight is also on against it. But surely you don't want to let go of any other potential terrorist organization.
But are you convinced that there is something like Hindu terrorism. The lone acts were to the least, acts of revenge, out of frustration. Do you see any leads or hints or any reason why there should be organized Hindu terrorism?

KS

Bye bye DFI
But are you convinced that there is something like Hindu terrorism. The lone acts were to the least, acts of revenge, out of frustration. Do you see any leads or hints or any reason why there should be organized Hindu terrorism?
The lone acts "IF" proved.

A very big "IF" at that. As of now, with all the somersaults and tamashas surrounding Aseemanand's "confession" and his confession that his earlier confession was under duress, it seems to be fabricated cases for political gains.

Lets wait for the investigation and legal process to pan out.

Personally I think it will not be pursued with an intent and just kept in a low-burner to flame it up as and when the situation demands.

Vyom

Seeker
The lone acts "IF" proved.

A very big "IF" at that. As of now, with all the somersaults and tamashas surrounding Aseemanand's "confession" and his confession that his earlier confession was under duress, it seems to be fabricated cases for political gains.

Lets wait for the investigation and legal process to pan out.

Personally I think it will not be pursued with an intent and just kept in a low-burner to flame it up as and when the situation demands.
I know, I was just making a point.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Digvijay is a "filthy" kind of politician but i can see where jayatl is coming from.

Instead of writing long monotonous paragraphs id lay it....muslim terrorists exist and so do hindu terrorists (to a smaller extent) in this country along with other kinds of terrorists (moists, ulfa etc).

No point in denying it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't like that word. It's the invention of the politicians. If there is any terror organization, go after it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I posted in the Mumbai blasts thread that all the names of IM operatives doing rounds don't even sound Indian. They sound more Bangladesh types. It is entirely possible that the "local" support is from illegal BDs who have Indian IDs thanks to the effin politicians who did it to establish vote banks.

Perfect strategy by Pakistan. Prove local operation and wash it's hands clean.
Get Hindus to rise up against Muslims.
Bomb the bloody hell out of each other and be another Pakistan.

People understand the designs of the enemy. Why should we kill each other?
If there is any so called "Hindu Terror" it's directed against the wrong people in the wrong country. The right people and the right country is towards the west.

I don't think forming any such terror group is a good idea though. It will become a frankinstein.

Oracle

Well are you ?

What Archer said is 100% correct. With each passing bomb blast and the inaction by the authorities in catching them and instead spending their time on chasing the apparitions for obvious political purposes disgusts more and more people -the common man on the street and mood is building up.The distrust grows with each passing incident. Be in denial not to realise it and take appropriate measures to nip it in the bud. Instead of going against the real culprits we equivocate on this very crucial thing turning a blind eye to the home grown elements and laying blame on either the Pakistanis or the Sanghis.

Do you know the story of the boy who cried "wolf" ? Try doing this equivocation for political purposes and always play the victim card instead of waking up and introspecting then one day the wolf will come for real.By that time it will be too late to realise the follies committed.

Unless, as Archer said, we confront the demons openly and not hide behind political niceties like "Terror has no religion" ,"It has no color" this war will not be won. Period.Just because we like to hide our head in the sand it does not mean the world is dark around us.
I am not hence the reason I asked. Why did you reply to it? Are you the saffron clad Nithyananda here?

Pure BS. Authorities are doing whatever they can. The recent blast was an Intel failure. And we also have to see how careful the authorities were not to go into any slugfest by blaming Pakistan. Every angle is being looked into.

Dijvijay Singh's retorts are to be listened and laughed off. And this is a democracy, you cannot shut up an idiot just because he can speak. However, there is no denying that some elements amongst the Hindus are out there to destroy the harmony of this nation. It might not be RSS, but again who knows. Take Digvijay as an example.

Last edited:

Oracle

thank you for missing the point by a mile and quarter.

clearly you may be an enlightened person which shows your moral superiority but unfortunately not all your coreligionists are as even tempered. they are angry and human. they riot and do get themselves in a frenzy because they think they are under threat.

i have a feeling i am talking to somebody who has not seen the bloodthirsty rage of a mob in india.

if you had, you would think twice before telling me about not speaking for all hindus. did i state i was? i was referring to those hindus who will be incited to fight and end up in a no win situation.

a few years back, i have had my own vehicle stopped many times by very angry hindus who told me hindus were killed in gujarat and i was daring to drive on such a day of outrage. and even stoned my own vehicle because i had to get some place in a hurry. if i was not able to convince them that i knew nothing of what had happened, i understood their outrage etc but did have to get to point b, and that i would no longer keep driving across their patch of road, i would be attacked. they may have been good guys per se, or even good human beings but they were angry and liable to harm anyone who they thought was disrespecting them or even harm them. the fear, rage, factor all in one.

i am pretty sure, there were muslim ghettos were the same was going on. after the recent ayodhya verdict, the next day was a friday, and my friend and i took a wrong turn into a group of guys milling around a mosque. the mere fact we dared to cross into that road almost got us into trouble. we escaped by the skin of our teeth as two potbellied cops (thank you guys) intervened, held off the crowd and had us reverse. another day, i stared at a guy in that very ghetto and the gent actually came running with a few friends. bottomline, all humans are not as rational as you think.

thus behaves group mentality. its not a slam on your enlightened hindu soul, but do realize not everyone is as you are.

your response typifies everything that is wrong with debating with those who think they themselves are ok and then project that onto everyone else. i am rational, ergo everyone will be. i will not react violently to continued attacks, so others will not.

how exactly do you think riots occur where all sorts of innocent bystanders from both communities were attacked for no fault of theirs?

coming to dark knight, thanks so much for that response into a pop culture movie and missing my point in every sense. i was mocking the movie, about how unrealistic such movies are, which show a masked vigilante dealing with issues way above his grade and how it has little to do with the real world, and here you are quoting incidents from the movie and attempting to justify it. i am sorry that you got offended that batman was called a vigilante, but he is. and his only so called justification to exist is that law and order in his city has broken down so that they need an adult, conveniently a billionaire, jumping around to solve issues. but his noble motives apart - i actually like the character, the truth is its unrealistic. in movies, people jump from buildings and have no broken bones. in real life, a single scratch from a splinter causes a much more physically fit man to lose an eye when fighting real terrorists. the entire movie is hollywood mythos and pop culture. enjoyable, yes, but not reality.

in real life, vigilantism is brutal, ineffective and almost totally devoid of rationality. people robbing homes? the local bunch of youths catch a few strangers, bash them up and result is more violence. in your world, if somebody cites this - you'll respond with "ah but who gave you the right to speak for all vigilantes, thats not how i would do things". wonderful. go read up about the bhagalpur blindings where the law and order itself, in a nod to community vigilante justice did the unconscionable. but be warned, its graphic and it is not meant for light reading. read if you must.

not only do you miss my points that are being made, you conflate them to your image of yourself which is the wrong thing to do. by virtue of access to the internet, ability to type in english, we are already far above most of our fellow citizens in terms of motivations in terms of economic strata and behavior is different. if you speak to others beyond the narrow sliver of a privileged middle class, then see the increasing communal polarization, because the govt is failing in protecting them, things are not good, which brings me to this even more surprising point you claimed..

and this is your response? intel failure? and you were seeking to snub me on comprehension and what not.

please wake up. it is a complete break down of the system, especially law and order which allows criminals of all kinds to inhabit cities armed with deadly weapons, has them terrorize the local population using their respective religions as an excuse and even a positioner to market their services to various political parties, and then later on, in riots act as the frontline.

do you even know how corrupt the indian law & order system is and how it allows such problems to flourish and actually create them. a local beat station in a city which i lived not so far back, every day took forty rupees from every shop that ran in its area, all of which were illegal constructions and had to pay these guys. three stations shared jurisdiction and all at dfifferent times of the day shared the loot. one of the locals had a son who was mentally affected. they even locked him up one day because his dad, spoke up about not giving that days "rent". other petty criminals also pay a regular duty fee to cop stations. they in turn report to larger touts.

now when a local thug is contacted by the terror element who has been hiding in a larger community which refuses to admit he can exist, he acts as the foot soldier for these groups.

dawood ibrahim was a son of a cop, and gamed the system perfectly. corruption allows these guys to survive. politicians allow criminals of all stripes to exist and the breakdown in law and order is what allows them to flourish.

in bihar, politicians were using maoists to settle scores and the law and order system would look the other way.

all this intel failure stuff is BAKWAAS meant to fool the average citizen that "intel which is so hard to find failed on this one occasion". which is the reason why anna hazares proposals are coming under so much resistance from the establishment. he, ramdev and others have hit upon what is actually the biggest problem. the corruption, the grease which allows the black economy, corruption and widespread breakdown of law and order to flourish (almost everyone can be bought). if the system is uncovered to the light, it will break down. and its in everyones interests to make sure it happens.

there is no way you can ever have complete intel in a country the size of india. especially when we rely extensively on techint (read some books sometime from our so called experts on the sad state of affairs) for our neighbouring countries and hence lack adequate real time intel.

with the multiplicity of agencies, its a game to cover their lapses by coming up with generic claims of xyz terror threat. after a while nobody bothers and its brushed away as an intel failure.

the actual problem is the complete corruption and breakdown of the law and order system, which uses criminals, and allows these guys to operate ok as long as money flows. it is these same criminals then who then act as the footsoldiers for the local elements of units like the IM/SIMI.

that you are asking this question is amazing. are you aware of how the D-gang grew in mumbai, whats its tentacles are all over the country, and the fact that it was deeply complicit in the mumbai attacks of yesteryear? how do you think they got so powerful? till the attacks, when their activities became too prominent, things moved as usual. till date, you will articles bemoaing the fact that the gang continues to thrive in india.

its not intel failure, its a failure of our complete law and order system. if the law was applied fairly and ips reforms had not been stalled by taking the IPS out of the powerful control of local politicians, and in turn you had more chceks and balances on the cops to prevent corruption, you'd see most of these issues fade, at least those of succesful attack after attack.

before yusuf tells me to go to pakistan let him try it first and see what happens to him. he is an indian and the guy wont last in any secret efforts to split pak.

before asking somebody to do something so unrealistic, walk a mile on that path yourself. besides which there is the other point, yusuf or you or nobody has the right to tell any indian to go to pakistan. if you rate your chances highly as some sort of uber commando who can split it , give it a shot. here india is not able to even get decent humint within that country, and out come such unrealistic responses. the exact thing i was saying about the james bond sydrome, of a super secret agent going around and fixing things, or a super batman, fixing things. in real life, thats bunkum.

if he wants to makea difference, instead of going to pakistan, let him tell his own community leaders to go and address internal issues because trying to blame the fingers on others only exacerbates the problem. that is achievable, and realistic. every indian muslim who steps up and says to heck with conspiracy theories guys, keep an eye out for im/simi, thats the win right there.

what you are not getting is that its not about the idiots in pakistan per se, who are used as the convenient excuse to disguise the absolute rot in our system, which guys like you are unaware about. because its not their competence hurting us, but our own faultlines being exposed and used.

what you dont understand is that what pakistan is doing, can be done by anyone else with a vested interest in destabilizing india. they are doing it today. and seeing their success, any other idiot can do it tomorrow, seeing how easy it is to outsource terror thanks to the corruption in our system and so called leaders, who instead of calling for fixes and introspection, play a cynical game of blaming the majority in this case, when every piece of evidence points to SIMI and IM.

first realize everyone is not like you and as rational as you are. humans are plagued with fears. when fears go past a tipping point, they fall prey to demagogues who incite them to a response. this is the classic flee or fight response, to the point that fleeing no longer works, and so fight. and if the fight is against the wrong people, the ordinary muslim who may have no relation to these attacks, then it is a further problem.

that is worrisome.

the need of the hour is to stop people from inciting folks because claims hindus did it further feed communal polarization.when the fingers clearly point to simi and im, so that again a decade from now i dont have to witness rioting between communities which lived next to each other.

go talk to somebody who has been in any riot situation, first hand, especially the response authorities and see how fast things develop. i lived next to one of indias famed sensitive areas, and every other friday was a problem because of hotheads coming to blows and a guy like me, who is just passing by with some thoughts in his head about his own challenges being a victim.

if you cant understand what i wrote, and that you think i justified vigilantism as versus pointing out that vigilantism/communal polarization/terrorism is likely to rise thanks to the communal baiting of one prominent leader, who is inciting two groups to a conflict, then nothing more can be said.

guys like you dont want to understand how severe the issue is, attack those who do realize it, and then feel good about how not admitting the problem is somehow a solution. when i was growing up, ages ago, i used to openly move into so called ghettos, celebrate festivals back and forth and rarely if ever felt inconvenienced. after the incessant attacks, back and forth rioting, many of my friends fell out with each other and would talk the most blase stuff with each other and actually the communal angle was very hard to miss, and as i noted earlier there are areas that are no go areas. i hope that as i live further, i dont see things slide further down the scale where this bogey of hindu terror becomes a self fulfilling prophecy because it is used to prevent the effective stoppage of attacks, and let the corrupt indian system get away with everything. cops not effective, oh sorry, we were investigating "all angles" and we dont have manpower.

go figure what i wrote versus responding that you are better and wont attack others. that was never the point. your asking everyone who presents the unvarnished reality to go into pakistan will not stop the reality. the reason the pakistanis are in such sh!t today, is because anyone says anything that is inconvenient, go to indian, you must be indian. when they should have been investigating their taliban, they were busy chasing RAW/MOSSAD and now they are in deep doo doo without a clue of what was going on. the parallels with india are tragicomic. in india our leaders too are picking up on some mythical agency conducting the attacks, ignoring the one in front of their eyes, while deliberately refusing to overhaul a corrupt, broken law and order system. instead of acknowledging it, you want all those who see it for what it is, to go to pakistan and become james bonds. or wherever. kudos! thats likely to to work.
Tell me something. How do you manage your time with posts as historical as these?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles