Did the Hakka Save China? Ethnicity, Identity, and Minority Status

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Did the Hakka Save China? Ethnicity, Identity, and Minority Status in China's Modern Transformation

China's modern transformation is the epic story of the Hakka. The Hakka's sixteen centuries of sojourning through China and the world have brought forth unique ideals and institutions, which, coinciding with momentous domestic and global forces during the past two centuries, have remade China in revolutionary ways. This revolution began with Hong Xiuquan's Taiping Heavenly Kingdom of 1851–64, continued with Sun Yat-sen's Republican Revolution of 1911 and Mao Zedong's Communist Revolution of 1949, and has taken yet another step forward as the Hakka, China, and the
world seek a common destiny in the globalizing twenty-first, or "Chinese" century.

More at:

http://digitalcommons.csbsju.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1013&context=headwaters

I hope the Chinese posters would throw more light so that understanding of China is more authentic.

Country flag
Chinese refuse to see minority status to anyone in their territory it would
mean priveleges which a communist nation does not provide all are equal.

no smoking

Country flag
Did the Hakka Save China? Ethnicity, Identity, and Minority Status in China's Modern Transformation

China's modern transformation is the epic story of the Hakka. The Hakka's sixteen centuries of sojourning through China and the world have brought forth unique ideals and institutions, which, coinciding with momentous domestic and global forces during the past two centuries, have remade China in revolutionary ways. This revolution began with Hong Xiuquan's Taiping Heavenly Kingdom of 1851–64, continued with Sun Yat-sen's Republican Revolution of 1911 and Mao Zedong's Communist Revolution of 1949, and has taken yet another step forward as the Hakka, China, and the
world seek a common destiny in the globalizing twenty-first, or "Chinese" century.

More at:

http://digitalcommons.csbsju.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1013&context=headwaters

I hope the Chinese posters would throw more light so that understanding of China is more authentic.
My best suggestion is you can throw this paper into the rabbish bin: based on his logical, I can write a paper to claim that Chaozhou (my family belongs to) has saved China as well.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My best suggestion is you can throw this paper into the rabbish bin: based on his logical, I can write a paper to claim that Chaozhou (my family belongs to) has saved China as well.
Well, you can throw everything about China in a rubbish bin.

But that will not change history.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles